STA is one state title away from joining Bolles with 11 state championships

Floridatech

3 hours ago, shredstar said:

They will eventually pass Bolles, probably sooner rather than later.  Bolles most likely won't be winning any more titles in the foreseeable future.

I thought the same but with them dropping to 4a and Raines up to 5a, they’ll be a very strong contender to make the state finals year in year out

1 hour ago, Floridatech said:

Aye don't be jealous of them boyz look at the teams they've beaten between 2004-present in the playoffs.......

Dwyer 4x

Manatee 3x

Osceola 2x

Plant 2x

Lakeland

Venice 

Viera 

Lincoln 

Palm Bay 

I ain't jealous of them knucklehead 

Being from Lake City I've gotten used to the idea that nothing will be handed to me or to anyone who carries that Lake City name on their back,  we don't start season with over 20 players rated on maxpreps and 30 or so players with a d1 offer, we lucky to have 6 total signings on signing day with maybe 1 or 2 going D1

We may not have a deep Championship pedigree but i wouldn't trade places with them for a second, for STA a state title is just something they throw in a trophy case and move on from a day later

For me it's not the championship im after it's the chase,  no matter how many times i get knocked down and no matter how many times I watch a team celebrate at our expense I haven't backed down and I look forward to the chance to climb off the damn ground and punch that team right back in the mouth the next chance i get, I know sooner or later my persistent desire and refusal to quit will pay off and that 1 championship i spent years fighting for will mean more to me than any person at STA feel about any of their championships combined because to them it's one of many,  for me it's the completion of a journey and it's a chance to make one last stand and have one last chance to grab the brass ring to redeem all the failures and poor decisions by my City and allow this community to finally stand as Champions that we should have been a long time ago but could never make our journey easy

I'll take it the hard way because I know it will mean more to me than it being handed on silver platter every year 

Lake City don't have fancy nightlife 

Lake City don't have beaches

Lake City isn't a rich City with skyscrapers and a huge university like the city a hour south of us 

Lake City don't have theme parks 

Columbia High School IS LAKE CITY and that's the way it's always been! It's what we stand by as our last stand to be relevant 

It's a Tiger thing and only a true Lake City prodigal son will know how we roll here ;)

24 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Being from Lake City I've gotten used to the idea that nothing will be handed to me or to anyone who carries that Lake City name on their back,  we don't start season with over 20 players rated on maxpreps and 30 or so players with a d1 offer, we lucky to have 6 total signings on signing day with maybe 1 or 2 going D1

weren't you on here 4 months ago listing all the offers Columbia kids had and how many players had offers?  Sure you don't have STA numbers but you have better than most. 

6 minutes ago, badbird said:

weren't you on here 4 months ago listing all the offers Columbia kids had and how many players had offers?  Sure you don't have STA numbers but you have better than most. 

The reason i listed it was because it was so rare i needed to

This is first time that I've been around Columbia (or at least i can remember) that they had at least 10 players with offers

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I ain't jealous of them knucklehead 

We may not have a deep Championship pedigree but i wouldn't trade places with them for a second, for STA a state title is just something they throw in a trophy case and move on from a day later

For me it's not the championship im after it's the chase,  no matter how many times i get knocked down and no matter how many times I watch a team celebrate at our expense I haven't backed down and I look forward to the chance to climb off the damn ground and punch that team right back in the mouth the next chance i get, I know sooner or later my persistent desire and refusal to quit will pay off and that 1 championship i spent years fighting for will mean more to me than any person at STA feel about any of their championships combined because to them it's one of many,  for me it's the completion of a journey and it's a chance to make one last stand and have one last chance to grab the brass ring to redeem all the failures and poor decisions by my City and allow this community to finally stand as Champions that we should have been a long time ago but could never make our journey easy

I'll take it the hard way because I know it will mean more to me than it being handed on silver platter every year 

It all still sounds bitter if u have to type up this whole paragraph......LOL

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The reason i listed it was because it was so rare i needed to

This is first time that I've been around Columbia (or at least i can remember) that they had at least 10 players with offers

10 guys with real D1 offers is a luxury only a few schools have. 

14 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

It all still sounds bitter if u have to type up this whole paragraph......LOL

Man it ain't jealous though 

I have no issue with STA and their success, I'm bothered that them constantly winning 7a has discredited every team in the class as being weak 

58 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Man it ain't jealous though 

I have no issue with STA and their success, I'm bothered that them constantly winning 7a has discredited every team in the class as being weak 

Bruh go back and look at the list of teams I just mentioned that STA beat, those teams are worth mentioning because they're legendary teams

Just being completely honest, @VeniceIndiansFootball: I don't see how Venice stays in this game. They looked really slow against a Vero Beach team that ended up being pretty average. You never know, but if I was a betting man, I would bet that this one gets ugly. Hope I'm wrong--I will be on the Visitors side tomorrow night--would love to see a great game. Good luck to both teams involved. 

39 minutes ago, XDC said:

Just being completely honest, @VeniceIndiansFootball: I don't see how Venice stays in this game. They looked really slow against a Vero Beach team that ended up being pretty average. You never know, but if I was a betting man, I would bet that this one gets ugly. Hope I'm wrong--I will be on the Visitors side tomorrow night--would love to see a great game. Good luck to both teams involved. 

Hey pal I appreciate the honesty. Unfortunateley, I understand why you say this. I’m acting really cocky saying how Venice will beat STA rah rah this and that. I’m worried Venice will lose this game simply because of their speed disadvantage. I’m not so sure it will look like the 2016 game. If Venice loses this game, I think it will be a little bit closer. I’m hoping you’re wrong. I want Venice to win it all again, but one never really knows.

3 hours ago, Legion37 said:

Well I am going to Lakeland/Edgewater tomorrow and I will be planning on Lakeland Winning...

I look forward to either Venice and or St.Thomas.

Spoiler

The Ledger writer mentioned Castle told him Lakeland has had some poor practices this week. If that's accurate, I'm more worried than I was. I do think Edgewater is better than Plant.