CAN THIS DAM DEERFIELD HYPE TRAIN FINALLY BE BURIED.!!!

THIS_IS_DILLARD

Listen i kno i may come off. As a person that has a problem with deerfield but in all seriousness i dont them and dillard are cross town rivals but that's about it.

But broo its like EVERY YEAR ...YEAR IN AND OUT This team is OVER HYPED.!! With NO RESUME To match the amount off PRAISE & and lime light they recieve.

I DONT CARE how many transfers they get year in and out how much of a player's coach ghey have at the helm NONE of that matters because at the end of the day the BUCKS ARE STILL NOT LIVING UP TO THE HYPE.!!! year after year their getting bounced out of the playoffs at Home & Getting No Ring.

Like when will the over hype stop. Let this team actually win something before we deem them a powerhouse or a championship contender because as we can see when the money was really on the line they was blown out by 4 scores at home!!!

Dont get me wrong im all for broward county public school success. But its the same thing with deerfield every year and every year on the biggest stage with the pressure on they fold.

Sure they get one or 2 "signature wins" a year in the regular season but every year in the playoffs when its time to show some championship pedigree its non existent so please lets stop the deerfield love fest until they actually Do Something.

12 minutes ago, badbird said:

you over hype them on here by trying to say they are over hyped.  no one else talks about them

Thats a lie plenty of posters talk about them on here and if u want to b technical i was talking about in general such as miami herald sunsentinal maxpreps Etc. Why would i b talkn about them their Not my School. Im just over the Love fest but yet they cant produce

29 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Thats a lie plenty of posters talk about them on here and if u want to b technical i was talking about in general such as miami herald sunsentinal maxpreps Etc. Why would i b talkn about them their Not my School. Im just over the Love fest but yet they cant produce

well I haven't seen much Deerfield talk blowing them up.    Now as far as the Miami papers go I'm sure they do.  

32 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

All things considered, I can think of a LOT of teams that would have liked to lose 7 times in a state semi over the past 25 years.:)

Like who ...u still have not accomplished anything especially a team who is praised tge 8a title favorite EVERY YEAR only to end the season every year with ZERO RINGS deerfield can go to 30 consecutive state semis if u dont win it all thebnn your jus like every other team who didnt win it all.

There are a number of teams that have made a number of very deep runs in the playoffs since 1993, but came up empty all or nearly all of the time(see post below).  If Deerfield had won that state title in 2007, as mentioned above, they would join teams like Mainland, Manatee, Osceola, and St Augustine, all of whom have 7 or more state semi appearances over the past 25 years, but only one title to show for it.  Then we have teams like Vero Beach, Columbia, and Jesuit, all of whom have won 25 or more playoff wins since 1993, but have not made it to 5 state semis during that time frame.  One could say that there are a number of teams over the past 25 years for which expectations were often high, but who failed to bring home the hardware most or all of the time.   

Personally, I'd rather my team make it to the state semis and lose than not make it all.   Only 5 teams in the upper classes have made more deep runs than Deerfield over the past 25 years.  If losing frequently in the state semis is a problem, it's a problem about 300+ teams in the upper classes who never made it to nearly as many state semis as Deerfield probably would have liked to have.

On 12/1/2018 at 8:37 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

All things considered, I can think of a LOT of teams that would have liked to lose 7 times in a state semi over the past 25 years.:)

Yeah but the issue is, Deerfield probably isn't one of the teams that is, or should be, happy with that fact. 

I won't quite put them on the Vero Beach level of playoff fraud, but they're next up.

6 minutes ago, DB4 said:

Yeah but the issue is, Deerfield probably isn't one of the teams that is, or should be, happy with that fact. 

I won't quite put them on the Vero Beach level of playoff fraud, but they're next up.

My own point of view is that Deerfield has squandered a lot of opportunities over the years. How can you knock off Miami Northwestern in the semis and then get blown out by Palm Beach Gardens? This is not to say that PBG was not a very good team, but at the very least DB should have given them competition in 2005.

22 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

There are a number of teams that have made a number of very deep runs in the playoffs since 1993, but came up empty all or nearly all of the time(see post below).  If Deerfield had won that state title in 2007, as mentioned above, they would join teams like Mainland, Manatee, Osceola, and St Augustine, all of whom have 7 or more state semi appearances over the past 25 years, but only one title to show for it.  Then we have teams like Vero Beach, Columbia, and Jesuit, all of whom have won 25 or more playoff wins since 1993, but have not made it to 5 state semis during that time frame.  One could say that there are a number of teams over the past 25 years for which expectations were often high, but who failed to bring home the hardware most or all of the time.   

Personally, I'd rather my team make it to the state semis and lose than not make it all.   Only 5 teams in the upper classes have made more deep runs than Deerfield over the past 25 years.  If losing frequently in the state semis is a problem, it's a problem about 300+ teams in the upper classes who never made it to nearly as many state semis as Deerfield probably would have liked to have.

Question for you, what do all these teams have in common besides likely missing quite a few championship rings?

1 minute ago, DarterBlue2 said:

My own point of view is that Deerfield has squandered a lot of opportunities over the years. How can you knock off Miami Northwestern in the semis and then get blown out by Palm Beach Gardens? This is not to say that PBG was not a very good team, but at the very least DB should have given them competition in 2005.

Remind you of a certain Louisiana SEC school? 

Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

Hope you are right on this. It would put pressure on the powers that be to expand the number of playoff teams as it would be the second year running UCF would have beaten an SEC team!

The crazy thing is my feeling on UCF winning is more about my confidence that LSU will blow it

How does a team like LSU who averages a top 5 recruiting class every year not even come close to competing with bama in the SEC? If anyone in SEC west should be able to match up talent wise it should be LSU but they can't get it done

Ole miss got a few studs and could beat them

Auburn got a few and could beat them

LSU gets tons of studs and get blasted by them

18 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The crazy thing is my feeling on UCF winning is more about my confidence that LSU will blow it

LSU will have some difficulty with UCF's high tempo offense. With respect to LSU's offense, I could see UCF putting a lot of pressure on their QB, whom I was not impressed with in the game against Alabama. 

Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

LSU will have some difficulty with UCF's high tempo offense. With respect to LSU's offense, I could see UCF putting a lot of pressure on their QB, whom I was not impressed with in the game against Alabama. 

I wasn't very impressed with LSU in that game,  I felt they were nothing special and probably on par with most their teams last few years, talented but not championship material 

On 12/2/2018 at 10:44 AM, OldSchoolLion said:

Deerfield is 1-7 in state semi games.  But they are 8-1 in 3rd round games, which is pretty impressive.  For perspective, Columbia and Vero Beach are both 4-6 in 3rd round playoff games.

Dont get me wrong deerfield has had some playoff and regualr season success...but u have some teams who are average and our content with a winning record and a playoff birth and hope for the best. 

Then you have above average power houses who already know their making the playoffs out the gate before the year even start and atleast a 3rd round birth with hopes they break theough and go all the way that current year.

Then you have what u call PERENNIAL POWER HOUSES ...where its CHAMPIONSHIP OR BUST EVERY YEAR.!! anything but a championship is a failure.

Over the past few years DEERFIELD has been unfortunately placed in a PERENNIAL POWER HOUSE lime light and they have not lived up to the hype. For the last few years deerfield has been the 8A faves to win it all based on sunsentinal and miami herald and every year deerfield has dissapointed.

Sure winning a few state semis is a accomplishment or getting to a few is something to tip your hat towards. But if every year your looked at and RANKED as a PERENNIAL POWER HOUSE and every year u have a home playoff exit and still have zero state championship wins something is wrong with that picture.

Maybe Deerfield shouldn't be deemed a PERENNIAL power yet and accept the fact their just a above avg "broward county power"

2 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Dont get me wrong deerfield has had some playoff and regualr season success...but u have some teams who are average and our content with a winning record and a playoff birth and hope for the best. 

Then you have above average power houses who already know their making the playoffs out the gate before the year even start and atleast a 3rd round birth with hopes they break theough and go all the way that current year.

Then you have what u call PERENNIAL POWER HOUSES ...where its CHAMPIONSHIP OR BUST EVERY YEAR.!! anything but a championship is a failure.

Over the past few years DEERFIELD has been unfortunately placed in a PERENNIAL POWER HOUSE lime light and they have not lived up to the hype. For the last few years deerfield has been the 8A faves to win it all based on sunsentinal and miami herald and every year deerfield has dissapointed.

Sure winning a few state semis is a accomplishment or getting to a few is something to tip your hat towards. But if every year your looked at and RANKED as a PERENNIAL POWER HOUSE and every year u have a home playoff exit and still have zero state championship wins something is wrong with that picture.

Maybe Deerfield shouldn't be deemed a PERENNIAL power yet and accept the fact their just a above avg "broward county power"

I see what you are saying about DB, Panther.  That is one of the negatives of today...all of the limelight on hs football creates lots of  unrealistic hype and expectations, most of it from folks outside the program. 

I've seen a lot of polls in my day.  It's funny how the pollsters will hang onto their beliefs about a certain team and year after year rank them, even though the team has repeatedly failed to live up to expectations.  It's like the slot machines.  Next year will definitely be the one!

DB usually has lots of talent and has made a lot of deep runs over the years, so it is difficult to leave them out of the polls.  And when people see the name week after week, anticipation builds...and then the big disappointment.

In a way, I feel badly for programs like Vero.  For soooo many years, I would await the preseason poll, and when it arrived, heeeere's Vero.  I've been seeing this for years.  And I would think to myself, why don't they just leave them out and let it be a big surprise if they hit the jackpot this year.  I don't think they do the kids a favor by ranking a team higher than it probably should be, because of the expectations it creates.