Most famous sports athlete you ever met in person?

DisabledAccount

Ray Lewis.  Aside from knowing through mutual friends in high school, I’ve seen him a couple of times throughout his UM years when he used to dance with Boyz of Poison (BoP) out of Lakeland and once after the Ravens’ super bowl win.

I also see Fred Williamson on a somewhat regular basis here in Atlanta.  He’s a cool ass guy and loves smoking cigars and hanging out at the Intercontinental in Buckhead.

Depends on what you mean by meeting them. I shook Michael Jordan's hand once, but only because I snuck down by the sideline at Orlando Arena, extended my hand and he limply shook it. haha But, around that same time (1992ish) I was playing on an AAU team and Tracy McGrady was my teammate. So, probably T-Mac

Haven't met anyone, but my dad was a janitor and one of the contracts his company picked up was for the Jaguars stadium. This was back in the late 90s and into the early 2000s. He met Tom Coughlin, Fred Taylor, Mark Brunell etc. I got a chance to go into the old Jag's stadium back in the early 2000s as a kid. 

My dad being a Tampa fan had Tom Coughlin saying they would have to find another janitor soon lol.

Baseball - Willie Stargell, Manny Sanguillén, Dave Parker, John Candelaria, Pete Rose, Johnny Bench, Tony Perez, Ken Griffry Sr, George Foster, Joe Morgan, Bo Jackson, Steve Garvey

Football - Henry  Lawrence ( Played OG for the Raiders - 3 time Super Bowl champ)...Manatee Grad and was a frequent visitor at Manatee games during the late 80's after he retired

Not football, but the founder of Tropicana "Anthony Rossi", used to always come to the Manatee games  before he passed away....was a very humble and approachable guy

I have met a lot of guys honestly.  Sapp, Brooks, Dunn, Mike Irvin, Dwight Howard (ick), Quezzy Green and Reidel Anthony both are my boys now, Shaun King, T Dungy and the whole 1999 Tampa Bay Bucs Playoff team (our HC was best friends with the QB coach and he got us access to watch them practice during the playoffs in prep for Washington).  At said Practice John Lynch gave me and my teammate his adidas shoes because they were new and hurt his feet.  He signed them for us and we split the shoes LOL.  I still have mine not sure if other guy has his or not.   Oh forgot Winky Wright, Antonio Tarver and Roy Jones

There are a lot I am missing for sure... When you travel up and down the state for football you run into a lot of football guys is the thing I guess.

I spared with Don "The Dragon" Wilson twice and know him personally. Not sure how many world titles he has, but at least one in 3 different weight classes.

Spared with Bill "Super Foot" Wallace. National Martial Art's Champion, late 60's to mid 70's. 

Surfed with Kelly Slater. 11 time world champ. 

Was good friends with Joker Osbourn. World record for longest water skiing jump in the late 60's.

On 12/2/2018 at 3:18 PM, Pipe Dreams said:

Ken Griffey Jr at Pop Warner practice. His son was on mighty mites when I was Jr. Midget

Wow, My nephew was on the same team as his son and I was a coach on that team...Small world... IN other news I did not mention Ken as a famous person I met because he was a grade A Parental Nightmare... One of the worst LOL.  He was my idol before I met him and downgraded to person I would never want to talk to after. 

On 12/2/2018 at 5:10 PM, Nulli Secundus said:

Ray Lewis.  Aside from knowing through mutual friends in high school, I’ve seen him a couple of times throughout his UM years when he used to dance with Boyz of Poison (BoP) out of Lakeland and once after the Ravens’ super bowl win.

I also see Fred Williamson on a somewhat regular basis here in Atlanta.  He’s a cool ass guy and loves smoking cigars and hanging out at the Intercontinental in Buckhead.

We had a Boyz of Poison group at FAMU... I wonder if related.

7 hours ago, peezy28 said:

Wow, My nephew was on the same team as his son and I was a coach on that team...Small world... IN other news I did not mention Ken as a famous person I met because he was a grade A Parental Nightmare... One of the worst LOL.  He was my idol before I met him and downgraded to person I would never want to talk to after. 

Nice!! I had Coach Myers in 2000 and we went 12-1. Then had Crofoot in 2001 (10-1) and Foisy in 2002 (6-3). We had a powerhouse of our own in our age group but the Griffey teams were all-time! I remember they were the first DP team to ever beat Lakeshore or Mandarin (who were always the Jacksonville champions) and advance to the state final. Was fun watching you guys blow everyone out. 

Then there was the Pine Hills powerhouse with Embry Peeples a year or two above you all.

Good times... I stayed highly involved with the Pop Warner program thru High School.

Crazy that you were a DP coach!

11 hours ago, peezy28 said:

We had a Boyz of Poison group at FAMU... I wonder if related.

Yes, spinoff.  Do you remember Foo (Chris Anthony) or Kwame King ring a bell? Kwame was older and graduated with Ray.  Chris graduated from LG and went to Fam with me from ‘94-‘99.  We go all the way back to the defunct John F Cox on Memorial blvd.

22 hours ago, Pipe Dreams said:

Nice!! I had Coach Myers in 2000 and we went 12-1. Then had Crofoot in 2001 (10-1) and Foisy in 2002 (6-3). We had a powerhouse of our own in our age group but the Griffey teams were all-time! I remember they were the first DP team to ever beat Lakeshore or Mandarin (who were always the Jacksonville champions) and advance to the state final. Was fun watching you guys blow everyone out. 

Then there was the Pine Hills powerhouse with Embry Peeples a year or two above you all.

Good times... I stayed highly involved with the Pop Warner program thru High School.

Crazy that you were a DP coach!

Yeah I lived in Orlando from 09 to 13.  When I left Clearwater I was coaching.  I waited a bit to pick it up while I watched that group from Tiny mites and eventually was asked by his dad to inquire about getting on the staff that year... It was quite a ride.

18 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Yes, spinoff.  Do you remember Foo (Chris Anthony) or Kwame King ring a bell? Kwame was older and graduated with Ray.  Chris graduated from LG and went to Fam with me from ‘94-‘99.  We go all the way back to the defunct John F Cox on Memorial blvd.

NO I didn't get there till 00.  Was there till 05.