Who Is This FL HS Legend in the Photo? Bobby Washington/Killian

OldSchoolLion

19 minutes ago, Pipe Dreams said:

Off topic but... this reminded me of another legend - the 2nd/3rd teamer for Norland who caught the game winning bomb vs Edgewater in the 2002 6A final... one of the craziest stories ever... heard the kid hadn’t played all year.

That was my era of playing... long time ago now!

the kid was only 150 pounds and stated he had never scored a TD in a game at any level.

23 minutes ago, Pipe Dreams said:

Bobby Washington, Killian

Correct!  In 2003, Miami Killian High School running back Bobby Washington became the all time career leading rusher in Miami-Dade County history with 5,695 yards, breaking the old record held by Frank Gore of Coral Gables. Washington finished his high school career at the Orange Bowl during a loss to Miami Carol City High School in a state semifinal playoff game. He began his prep career at Archbishop Carroll High School, where he started as a 9th grader. Washington then transferred to Killian and became a 3-time All Dade County selection. He earned Parade All American honors as a senior. 

Rated the nation's second best running back recruit behind Adrian Peterson, Washington signed his letter of intent with the University of Miami. Due to complications with his college entrance test scores, he was refused admission to UM. . Washington ultimately enrolled at North Carolina State to play for former Florida State assistant Chuck Amato. NC State's roster at the time was filled with former Killian players, including NFL linebacker Stephen Tulloch. However, Washington struggled to win the starting job at NC State. He transferred to Eastern Kentucky, where he surpassed 1,500 yards rushing as a senior. Washington was undrafted by the NFL. He had tryouts with the Dolphins, Eagles and Rams, but never made an NFL roster.

Miami Killian produced two Parade All-American running backs-Lamar Miller and Bobby Washington.

3 other Florida high schools have duplicated this feat.  Two of those schools are in the southern part of the state and one is in the Panhandle.  One of the south FL schools is well-known for producing great rb's, and is the only FL high school to ever produce 3 Parade AA rb's.  The other school resides in SW FL. 

Can anyone name the schools and the rb's?  

9 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Miami Killian produced two Parade All-American running backs-Lamar Miller and Bobby Washington.

3 other Florida high schools have duplicated this feat.  Two of those schools are in the southern part of the state and one is in the Panhandle.  One of the south FL schools is well-known for producing great rb's, and is the only FL high school to ever produce 3 Parade AA rb's.  The other school resides in SW FL. 

Can anyone name the schools and the rb's?  

Nvm i think pipe Dreams got the south Florida school, i forgot about Miami Central 

For Central to score 42 on that DP team... is completely nuts...that was as good as DP will ever be IMHO. They rolled everyone (even Seminole Ridge although the score doesn’t say so). We had 30+ D1 guys (3 on NFL rosters) in the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 classes.

That Central team was equally stacked. Going into the game DP was the #6 team in the USA and Central was #21 (I believe) according to Rivals.

Probably the biggest collection of talent in a large class FL title since at least 2000 (maybe ever?). 

I wouldn’t doubt that any less than 40 future college players played in the 2010 6A title.

19 minutes ago, Pipe Dreams said:

For Central to score 42 on that DP team... is completely nuts...that was as good as DP will ever be IMHO. They rolled everyone (even Seminole Ridge although the score doesn’t say so). We had 30+ D1 guys (3 on NFL rosters) in the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 classes.

I will maintain till the day i die that the 2010 DP team was the best it has had through 2018. Maybe someday there will be a better DP team, but that one was real hard to beat. When DP went up by 17, I thought they had the title in the bag.

I actually lost a $50 bet that night. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I will maintain till the day i die that the 210 DP team was the best it has had through 2018. Maybe someday there will be a better DP team, but that one was real hard to beat. When DP went up by 17, I thought they had the title in the bag.

I actually lost a $50 bet that night. 

Probably the best Central Florida team ever but wont be remembered as it because they blew it

6 minutes ago, badbird said:

Probably the best Central Florida team ever but wont be remembered as it because they blew it

I agree. I saw them literally destroy a decent Olympia team early in the season and remember being very glad that redistricting had separated them from Apopka's district. Down to their kicker was elite as he could hit fifty yard field goals!