Who Is This FL HS Legend in the Photo? Bobby Washington/Killian

OldSchoolLion

3 minutes ago, Pipe Dreams said:

That team would have cruised through the current 8A... The old FL 6A was just brutal. Top tier HS football.

I agree. I can't think of one team standing in 8A or 7A with the possible exception of St. Thomas, that would have stood in the way of the 2010 DP team. For that matter with Central and Carol City eliminated, I would clearly favor that DP team against either Northwestern or Armwood in 6A. 

I’d have them about even or just below where Carol City and Central were this year. Probably about even with 2018 STA as well. We’ll never know.

Watching them play... they were just on another level unlike any other DP team I’ve seen. The Central team they played was special and deserving of the title.

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well does having a few elites and a bunch of average teams make a class better than one with no elites but strong teams top to bottom? 

no but when you get to the end and STA or Central is waiting for you it is way harder than having Mandarin at the end

Just now, badbird said:

no but when you get to the end and STA or Central is waiting for you it is way harder than having Mandarin at the end

Oh i agree some classes may have a tougher game lined up then what you may find in 8a

But it seems we are still in agreement that 8a is strongest top to bottom 

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Oh i agree some classes may have a tougher game lined up then what you may find in 8a

But it seems we are still in agreement that 8a is strongest top to bottom 

I would rather be in a class with parity than be in one with a Goliath waiting to destroy me.  Not many Davids out there that can beat them

Devonte Freeman didn't take over full time at Central until Brandon Gainer left. Gainer signed with Kentucky, but I don't think he finished there.

Killian was loaded in the early 2000s but they didn't win the state championship until the year after Bobby Washington left. 

One of the best backfields I have ever seen was the 1993 Southridge team. They had three college All-Americans in their backfield, The Davis brothers and Sedrick Irvin.