48-6 Madison

181pl

1 minute ago, gatorman-uf said:

I hate to say it then, this is going to be a really low attendance year. Games on a Thursday afternoon are always going to be bad. (Thursday and Friday morning games should always be 2A and 3A). 

1A would be well attended if it was a Friday or Saturday but tough for a Thursday morning

8 hours ago, 181pl said:

Final.

Cowboys take home another title.

Good season Baker. I was rooting for you.

Baker kept it interesting for a half. In the end, their problem was a lack of speed in its secondary and linebackers. Their defensive front did a good job for 3/4 of the game in containing Madison's running game. But each time the runners got a good block or was able to evade the line, they were off to the races with little chance of being caught. Also, Baker should have used the QB that actually had an arm and used number 2 as a dual running back with 11.

In the end, it probably would not have made much difference anyway. I hear Madison has Charter School kids on its team. If this is true, the Charter School attendance should be included in their numbers and they should be reclassified on that basis if warranted. 

29 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Baker kept it interesting for a half. In the end, their problem was a lack of speed in its secondary and linebackers. Their defensive front did a good job for 3/4 of the game in containing Madison's running game. But each time the runners got a good block or was able to evade the line, they were off to the races with little chance of being caught. Also, Baker should have used the QB that actually had an arm and used number 2 as a dual running back with 11.

In the end, it probably would not have made much difference anyway. I hear Madison has Charter School kids on its team. If this is true, the Charter School attendance should be included in their numbers and they should be reclassified on that basis if warranted. 

C'mon, Darter.  You know very well that only private schools do things to give themselves an advantage.:rolleyes:

We really need at different system in place if one school has a disproportionate amount of students over another and they're in the same quote unquote class. I checked last year's numbers however in the schools were within a hundred students of each other give or take. That said I didn't know about the charter school thing so if they are opening their football team up to another several hundred kids in a charter school that is completely unfair because it's like doubling the size of the school.

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

We really need at different system in place if one school has a disproportionate amount of students over another and they're in the same quote unquote class. I checked last year's numbers however in the schools were within a hundred students of each other give or take. That said I didn't know about the charter school thing so if they are opening their football team up to another several hundred kids in a charter school that is completely unfair because it's like doubling the size of the school.

I use to think like that until i see a school like chaminade with 150 maybe 200 students total give or take most likely win their second consecutive chamionship while beating schools during the regular season thats 3x their enrollment

But you can't compare Baker High School in Okaloosa County to Chaminade in South Florida. Baker is a public school and even if kids wanted to go there are transfer there simply aren't that many. Chaminade is in the fertile grounds of megalopolis South Florida. They probably start recruiting from the little leagues when the kids are about 10.

10 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Charter School/Home School attendance does count towards a school's population if the kids play a sport. So if your school has 1000 students, but 20 homeschool students play tennis, golf, football, basketball, they count as well and now are 1020. So Madison created a charter school to lower the school's population by about 187. Below is the high school charter in Madison, used to lower their enrollment. I asked before how does Madison County high school lose 250 students, after their population is so consistent for so long, well this is how.

http://www.jmphs.org/

3 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Charter School/Home School attendance does count towards a school's population if the kids play a sport. So if your school has 1000 students, but 20 homeschool students play tennis, golf, football, basketball, they count as well and now are 1020. So Madison created a charter school to lower the school's population by about 187. Below is the high school charter in Madison, used to lower their enrollment. I asked before how does Madison County high school lose 250 students, after their population is so consistent for so long, well this is how.

http://www.jmphs.org/

The catch is that any student at the charter school who don't play is off the count

So it's easy to game the system (they kinda clever I wish we could do that)

4 hours ago, Original1 said:

Baker has to play a tougher schedule to prepare for the post season. Truth be told, they will always have problems with Madison County and Pahokee.

Even if they play a tougher schedule They just don’t match up.  Schools like Baker need the stars and the moon to allign to have a chance.  Madison was too good this year for anyone in 1A to give them a good game.  

2 hours ago, badbird said:

Even if they play a tougher schedule They just don’t match up.  Schools like Baker need the stars and the moon to allign to have a chance.  Madison was too good this year for anyone in 1A to give them a good game.  

Scheduling does nothing to prepare a team for a mismatch of that magnitude.  I guess if all those guys who got knocked out by Mike Tyson would not have gotten knocked out if they had only fought tougher bouts before meeting Tyson.:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, badbird said:

23 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Scheduling does nothing to prepare a team for a mismatch of that magnitude.  I guess if all those guys who got knocked out by Mike Tyson would not have gotten knocked out if they had only fought tougher bouts before meeting Tyson.:rolleyes:

I tend to agree

Playing a tougher schedule is more about building confidence and getting a team used to playing better competition but you still have to be good enough to beat those teams

A team like baker just don't match up with Madison, madison has way too much depth

2 minutes ago, 181pl said:

And they probably stay in 1A to avoid the Chaminades and U Schools which is understandable, but they should be playing publics their own size. So if they have 550 and their charter has 250 they should be in 4A. Period.

There were some great playoff games involving Madison in the past...Bolles, Chaminade, Glades Central, Clewiston, Immokalee, Cocoa.  Madison proved way back when they could hang with or beat those folks.   It's disappointing to see some teams moving backwards in terms of competition.  Isn't the whole idea of sport to challenge one's self?  It's not just Madison, either.

26 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

There were some great playoff games involving Madison in the past...Bolles, Chaminade, Glades Central, Clewiston, Immokalee, Cocoa.  Madison proved way back when they could hang with or beat those folks.   It's disappointing to see some teams moving backwards in terms of competition.  Isn't the whole idea of sport to challenge one's self?  It's not just Madison, either.

No disrespect meant to the Cowboys. They are always among Florida's best. As you said, it's ashame they decided to "HIDE" in ONE A.