So i saw this on facebook and wanted people opinion of it

DisabledAccount

5 minutes ago, MuckCityChamp said:

Are they speaking all-time or this season?

Idk you tell me 

I copied and pasted it 

Congrats to Raines becoming champs again. Tbh I honestly think that Jacksonville have 5 out of 25 best powerhouse high school football programs in Florida. Raines, Lee, Trinity, Bolles, and Mandarin. Reason why i put Lee and Mandarin is because both have one of the toughest schedules in there district.

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Idk you tell me 

I copied and pasted it 

Congrats to Raines becoming champs again. Tbh I honestly think that Jacksonville have 5 out of 25 best powerhouse high school football programs in Florida. Raines, Lee, Trinity, Bolles, and Mandarin. Reason why i put Lee and Mandarin is because both have one of the toughest schedules in there district.

I have to agree  Schedule wise for Lee and Mandarin.  I think as it stands this year, those teams can hold there own against most schools.  This year was big for Mandarin as I expect kids to begin flooding the transfer list for football again now. A few head coach transitions hurt them. I think this coach has stabilized things.

Someone said that Lee, Bolles, Raines, Mandarin and Trinity were 5 of the top 25 football programs in florida 

Which one of these if any are top 25 FL PROGRAMS? 

Raines...maybe.  They have been qualifying for state title games since the 70's.  As of now they are the only Gateway school with any titles.  Waiting to see if we can add Mandarin to that list.  Mandarin has no history, other than this year and 2015.  Lee comes and goes, but hasn't qualified for a title game since the 60's.  Bolles and TCA's success can be directly linked to a single coach for each school.  One recently retired (Bolles) and the TCA coach probably isn't too far behind.  Prior to those coaches, Bolles was decent and TCA was a lay up for anyone on their schedule.

12 minutes ago, Stangs1 said:

I have to agree  Schedule wise for Lee and Mandarin.  I think as it stands this year, those teams can hold there own against most schools.  This year was big for Mandarin as I expect kids to begin flooding the transfer list for football again now. A few head coach transitions hurt them. I think this coach has stabilized things.

Edgewater blew Lee to shreads,  i can't see Lee even competing with the other powerhouses in the larger classifications 

Their big wins were a 1 score win over raines week 1 (they also beat them last year only to lose in first round) and Columbia (who was down to a 3rd string qb after they knocked the starter out for second time that season and the backup got benched after a quarter of playing) 

Lakeland beating Edgewater like they did didn't exactly help Lee argument either 

16 minutes ago, Stangs1 said:

I do see potential with Mandarin being able to grow into a powerhouse they just aren't a powerhouse yet

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I do see potential with Mandarin being able to grow into a powerhouse they just aren't a powerhouse yet

Mandarin has always been known as sort of a sleeping giant since it opened in 1990.  Lots of resources and community support, but could never get the right guy in there to make it happen.  Coaches would just come and go, so no one really paid them any attention until recently.  

15 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Edgewater blew Lee to shreads,  i can't see Lee even competing with the other powerhouses in the larger classifications 

Their big wins were a 1 score win over raines week 1 (they also beat them last year only to lose in first round) and Columbia (who was down to a 3rd string qb after they knocked the starter out for second time that season and the backup got benched after a quarter of playing) 

Lakeland beating Edgewater like they did didn't exactly help Lee argument either 

Haha, Lee was on the wrong side of Karma.  If a certain officiating crew could actually count they probably wouldn't have even played Edgewater.

1 minute ago, shredstar said:

Haha, Lee was on the wrong side of Karma.  If a certain officiating crew could actually count they probably wouldn't have even played Edgewater.

Oh it was Karma 

They spent entire week running their mouths at columbia and then edgewater came in and embarrassed them in their own house 

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Oh it was Karma 

They spent entire week running their mouths at columbia and then edgewater came in and embarrassed them in their own house 

Yep.  That darn social media will get em every time.  A dynamic we didn't have back in the day....thank god.

5 minutes ago, shredstar said:

Well, hopefully Mandarin can get it done Saturday or at least be consistent in the upcoming years.  We don't need any more of going from first to worst.....like Flanagan has done.

Flanagan fell apart after a major coaching exodus 

If mandarin can maintain stability they should be fine

Flanagan fell apart after a major coaching exodus 

If mandarin can maintain stability they should be fine

Not surprising really.  Too bad they only pay coaches a little stipend, basically the same little stipend I got for being a tech coordinator while teaching elementary school.  Believe me, it wasn't much.  Then they wonder why coaches leave and go to Alabama...just using that as an example. Well....pay them something and they may stay.