2018 1A: 2200????
2018 2A: 1052
2018 3A: 1722
2018 4A: 3213
2018 5A: 3644
2018 6A: 5907
2018 7A: 6693
2018 8A: 4442
Total: 28,873 (I don't have exact numbers for 1A)

No real surprise, I guess, private schools in 6 of the 8 classes will always mess with the numbers. No Orlando based schools in the finals hurt as well. 

There are those hardcore fans who will travel and root for their team regardless of who the players are.  And then there are some who might travel if they have a connection with someone on the team, ie my best friend plays on the team, my son's friend plays on the team, etc. 

I wonder if with all of the moving around today, some of those connections are lost and it impacts attendance.  Although a transfer player might know players on the team where he transfers, I could see him being somewhat disconnected from the rest of the student body, especially if they come in as a senior.   Multiply that times ___ transfers and....

..just a thought.

7 minutes ago, gwdrum75 said:

I guess Lakeland showed up pretty well.

Sad part is that Armwood is about 20 minutes further from Orlando than Lakeland......and their crowd was dwarfed by Northwestern.

Saw that. NW generally travels well - at least better than all the other 305 programs with the exception of Central. Generation upon generation of Bulls and alumni who used to pack the Orange Bowl for the Soul Bowl with 20k in the stands.

I wondered what Armwood's excuse was - especially with such a strong tradition themselves.

8 minutes ago, ExplorerHomer2 said:

Saw that. NW generally travels well - at least better than all the other 305 programs with the exception of Central. Generation upon generation of Bulls and alumni who used to pack the Orange Bowl for the Soul Bowl with 20k in the stands.

I wondered what Armwood's excuse was - especially with such a strong tradition themselves.

For whatever reason, Armwood has never traveled well. Lake Gibson traveled much better when they played Carol City a couple of years ago. And yes, the best scenario for the FHSAA was when the Northwestern Bulls played an Orlando area team. Of course that won't happen anymore unless Northwestern falls to 5A where it could face Bishop Moore or Jones if realignment moves those two to the North bracket. Orlando and surrounding areas don't have any strong 6A teams. In fact, I am not sure we have any unless you include Daytona Beach Mainland. BTW, Armwood will almost certainly be either 7A or 8A next year, so they will avoid the annual beat down from the Northern Miami area teams!

27 minutes ago, gwdrum75 said:

I guess Lakeland showed up pretty well.

Sad part is that Armwood is about 20 minutes further from Orlando than Lakeland......and their crowd was dwarfed by Northwestern.

Armwood never travels well... They don't have a legit local fanbase in Seffner and I don't think the rest of hillsborough cares much about them for obvious reasons.

20 minutes ago, ExplorerHomer2 said:

Armwood... Tradition... It started in 03.  Plus they don't have a rabid fanbase... Most of their key players stay no where near Seffner

12 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

For whatever reason, Armwood has never traveled well. Lake Gibson traveled much better when they played Carol City a couple of years ago. And yes, the best scenario for the FHSAA was when the Northwestern Bulls played an Orlando area team. Of course that won't happen anymore unless Northwestern falls to 5A where it could face Bishop Moore or Jones if realignment moves those two to the North bracket. Orlando and surrounding areas don't have any strong 6A teams. In fact, I am not sure we have any unless you include Daytona Beach Mainland. BTW, Armwood will almost certainly be either 7A or 8A next year, so they will avoid the annual beat down from the Northern Miami area teams!

I would love to finally see an Armwood Lakeland matchup

23 minutes ago, ExplorerHomer2 said:

My mother in-law graduated from Da West and she and some classmates drove up to the game in their 70’s.  The community takes it seriously.

3 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Da West is the most fun base to sit with, felt very knowledgeable as a whole. And even last year they were talking about an after party as well. Da West comes to celebrate 

After party? 

It's official we can't compete with that fanbase lol 

I can't even get people here to tailgate but they have a organized after-party at a state finals game lol

4 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Da West is the most fun base to sit with, felt very knowledgeable as a whole. And even last year they were talking about an after party as well. Da West comes to celebrate 

A certain Blue and White team not named Armwood spoiled that celebration one cool, foggy December night a long time ago!:lol:

57 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

After party? 

It's official we can't compete with that fanbase lol 

I can't even get people here to tailgate but they have a organized after-party at a state finals game lol

You have to know about the west to know just why man... Trust me your missing a lot by just sitting in your 2 stop light town lol... YOur missing so much man.

If the FHSAA was smart, which from recent actions shows that they are not. They would put Carol City in 5A which they should be based on population, keep Miami Northwestern in 6A, and move Miami Central to 7 or 8A. if all 3 or at least 2 make it their attendance would go through the roof, because they will all go to support each other. As bitter rivals we all are, one thing is for certain we support each other...As crazy as that may sound. At least 150 MC fans went to Orlando this weekend. That's probably more than Armwood had. It's a shame that you have those 3 teams in the same district. But if you split them up a few folks may not be happy with that. That would only reduce a few other teams chances of getting to state where cakewalks have been as of late. 

27 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

If the FHSAA was smart, which from recent actions shows that they are not. They would put Carol City in 5A which they should be based on population, keep Miami Northwestern in 6A, and move Miami Central to 7 or 8A. if all 3 or at least 2 make it their attendance would go through the roof, because they will all go to support each other. As bitter rivals we all are, one thing is for certain we support each other...As crazy as that may sound. At least 150 MC fans went to Orlando this weekend. That's probably more than Armwood had. It's a shame that you have those 3 teams in the same district. But if you split them up a few folks may not be happy with that. That would only reduce a few other teams chances of getting to state where cakewalks have been as of late. 

Does Central have 7A or 8A population stats? If so, then I totally agree with you. St Thomas and/or the 8A South teams would have their hands full. 

32 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Does Central have 7A or 8A population stats? If so, then I totally agree with you. St Thomas and/or the 8A South teams would have their hands full. 

Central has had a 7A population for at least 4 years. When the last re-class numbers came out they were projected to go but due to how the districts were estimated to be setup "8 or 9 teams" they stayed in 6A. I believe the basketball team plays in 7A.