Transfer season

DB4

50 minutes ago, Perspective said:

He forgot to add "Please respect my decision."   ;)

...thanks to only some of his teams and coaches....and no careful consideration or consultation with his family?  What is this world coming , too? :rolleyes:

Seriously, some of us should get together and write a book for the kids on how to properly announce their transfers and other earth-shattering news.  LOL

I'm sorry, I shouldn't poke fun at kids. But I'll admit I laugh at these things because if I ever thought myself important enough to "announce" such things to the world in high school, my mama would have knocked me down a peg or two right quick.   :lol: 

ESPN turned signing day into a made for TV special. We have seen a pro do it (LeBron's Decision). Why should be surprised that teenagers emulate what they see on sports TV. It is not surprising then teenagers and twitter allow themselves to their 15 minutes of stardom before they become anonymous person in the crowd again.

I blame a culture that says the only person that matters is yourself. A culture where building something is seen as a sucker's choice when there are is already a well paved path for them. We no longer just have helicopter parents who hover around at practices. We have parents who mow down every obstacle in the way of their child so that their child never has to struggle for success. 

Even those who seem to make sacrificial choices sometimes seem to only to do it so they get ahead in life. I am amazed by the number of Teacher for America and PeaceCorps individuals who seem obsessed with the idea of what Teach for America and Peace Corps or working on a political campaign will do for their job prospects rather than the good they are doing. 

I would like to announce the following: After careful consideration with my dog, I have decided to decommit from my wife.  I would like to thank her for all she has taught me about women, which will come in handy now that I am transferring my services to another woman who offers much greater "educational opportunities":rolleyes:   Please respect my decision and pray for me, because she gonna kill me when she finds out. 

12 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I would like to announce the following: After careful consideration with my dog, I have decided to decommit from my wife.  I would like to thank her for all she has taught me about women, which will come in handy now that I am transferring my services to another woman who offers much greater "educational opportunities":rolleyes:   Please respect my decision and pray for me, because she gonna kill me when she finds out. 

Ooppp lol hahahahahahahaha

In all honesty, I think the reason so many kids do this is because they know that it’s the only chance they have to do it. How many high school kids get that big “decision” moment? Only a handful. This lets kids feel special. 

With that said, I can’t believe how soft society has gotten that we allow kids to do things like that. I mean, it’s ridiculous. Thank you, State of Florida, for showing kids that you’re allowed to just up and tweet your way out of any situation that you don’t like. Should serve these kids well...

24 minutes ago, Coach said:

In all honesty, I think the reason so many kids do this is because they know that it’s the only chance they have to do it. How many high school kids get that big “decision” moment? Only a handful. This lets kids feel special. 

With that said, I can’t believe how soft society has gotten that we allow kids to do things like that. I mean, it’s ridiculous. Thank you, State of Florida, for showing kids that you’re allowed to just up and tweet your way out of any situation that you don’t like. Should serve these kids well...

I'm all about getting kids to feel special...but it seems we are teaching the kids to rely upon external validation for everything...instead of focusing on feeling good about themselves because they feel an inherent sense of value... regardless of what the rest of the world says.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Terry Parker is 14-41 over the past 5 years.  Like they can really afford to be losing kids.

Nope they can't afford it but they weren't exactly heading for a strong year but it goes back to what I said in a previous thread about Duval

The hot schools at the time feed off other schools while some schools are sailing further away from them

Rich get richer and poor get poorer

4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Nope they can't afford it but they weren't exactly heading for a strong year but it goes back to what I said in a previous thread about Duval

The hot schools at the time feed off other schools while some schools are sailing further away from them

Rich get richer and poor get poorer

lot of similarities with Broward County

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 954gator said:

Can we get some more transfer news.  Heard STA DE Tyrique Owens transferred to Carol City.  

Dwyer- 2020 DB Colby Dempsey Transferred to STA

Dwyer- 2020 WR Myron Levy Transferred to STA

Palm Beach Central- 2020 DE Griffin Lampton Transferred to STA

Palm Beach Central- 2020 TE Jake Ray Transferred to STA

That's all I have heard and confirmed at this point in Palm Beach County