6A Reclass Summary of Changes

OldSchoolLion

6A BIG PICTURE 
  • In terms of big guns, 6A clearly lost some powerhouse programs, but it gained some as well.  Amongst the 3 largest classes, 6A had the most movement, and 8A had the least.  Although Region 4 lost Carol City and Northwestern, it picked up Southridge, Naples, and Immokalee, so that region will still be very strong.  Of all the regions in the top 3 classes, none had more movement than 6A Region 2 and Region 3.  Region 2 will be substantially weaker than in the past, and lacking in playoff-quality teams.  
  • 6A lost the following teams to other classes: Carol City, Crestview, Navarre, Niceville, Northwestern, Pine Forest, Vanguard
  • 6A gained the following teams from other classes: Braden River, Columbia, Immokalee, Jefferson, Lee, Ponte Vedra, Southridge

SIGNIFICANT CHANGES IN EACH REGION

6A Region 1
Out-Crestview, Navarre, Niceville, Pine Forest
In-Columbia, Lee, Mainland, Ponte Vedra

6A Region 2
Out-Armwood, Gainesville, Hillsborough, Vanguard
In-Nobody of note

6A Region 3
Out-Naples
In-Braden River, Hillsborough, Jefferson

6A Region 4 
Out-Carol City, Northwestern
In-Immokalee, Naples, Southridge

ALL CHANGES IN EACH REGION

6A Region 1-23 teams (21 teams before)
Out:
Choctawhatcee
Crestview
Navarre
Nease
Niceville
Pine Forest
Tate
White

In:
Columbia
Deltona
Gainesville
Lee
Mainland
Matanzas
Mosley
New Smyrna Beach
Pine Ridge
Ponte Vedra
Seabreeze

6A Region 2-19 teams (22 teams before)
Out:
Armwood
Aurburndale
Blake
Brandon
Chamberlain
Forest
Gainesville
Hillsborough
King
Lake Gibson
Lake Wales
Lake Weir
Leesburg
Mitchell
Sebring
South Lake
Sunlake
Vanguard

In:
Boca Ciega
Clearwater
Countryside
Dixie Hollins
Fivay
Freedom(Tampa)
Gaither
Gibbs
Lake Minneola
Largo
Lecanto
Northeast
Osceola
St Pete
Seminole

6A Region 3-22 teams (20 teams before)
Out:
Barron Collier
Boca Ciega
Cape Coral
Clearwater
Dixie Hollins
East Lee County
Estero
Fort Myers
Golden Gate
Ida Baker
Island Coast
Largo
Lehigh
Naples
Northeast
North Fort Myers
Palmetto Ridge
Seminole

In:
Auburndale
Bayside
Blake
Braden River
Brandon
Ft Pierce Westwood
Gateway
Heritage
Hillsborough
Jefferson
King
Lake Gibson
Middleton
Okeechobee
Palmetto
Port St Lucie
Sebastian River
Southeast
South Fork
Spoto

6A Region 4 - 22 teams (22 teams before)
Out:
Bayside
Boynton Beach
Carol City 
Deltona
Eau Gallie
Heritage
Hialeah Miami-Lakes
Jensen Beach
Mainland
Matanzas
Northwestern
Okeechobee
Sebastian River

In:
Barron Collier
Belen Jesuit
Immokalee
Lely
Naples
Golden Gate
Palmetto Ridge
Southridge
South Miami

playoff teams from each region(from this past season) who moved out:

6A Region 1-Crestview, Navarre, Niceville, Pine Forest

6A Region2-Armwood, Gainesville, Lake Wales, Lake Weir, Mitchell, Sebring, South Lake, Vanguard

6A Region 3-Barron Collier, Clearwater, Fort Myers, Largo, Lehigh, Naples, North Fort Myers

6A Region 4-Carol City, Heritage, Mainland, Northwestern

All 8 playoff seeds in Region 2 last season are gone now.  Clearwater. Gaither and Largo are the only teams moving into the region who were in the playoffs last year, and none of them made it past the first round.  This is clearly the weakest region of any of the upper classes now.

Braden River moves out of a very competitive 7A Region 3 into a 6A Region 3 that lacks a recent power like Venice.  So, their path to a region tile may be a little easier now.  7 of the playoff seeds in this region from this past season are now gone.  Braden River, Jefferson, Heritage, Gateway and Palmetto are teams that made the playoffs last year who join the region.

How could a team that loses Carol City, Northwestern and Mainland from its region not be feeling good now?.  Miami Central's path to a region title clearly got easier, but it will not necessarily be a cakewalk with playoff contender Southridge joining them in Region 4.   Barron Collier, Belen, Immokalee and Naples also made the playoffs this past season and join the region as well. 

10 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

So what does this mean for my panthers lol hahahahaha

that you'll get knocked out of the playoffs by Southridge instead of Central next year  :D  I'm jus having fun Panther!

Seriously though, Carol City, Northwestern, Heritage, Mainland and Eau Gallie are gone from your region now...5 of the 8 playoff teams from this past season.  No doubt Southridge and Naples will be tough..the others maybe.  Bottom line, the region got a LOT easier and Dillard should have a much easier first round opponent next year, assuming they win their district (which they should). 

3 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

that you'll get knocked out of the playoffs by Southridge instead of Central next year  :D  I'm jus having fun Panther!

Seriously though, Carol City, Northwestern, Heritage, Mainland and Eau Gallie are gone from your region now...5 of the 8 playoff teams from this past season.  No doubt Southridge and Naples will be tough..the others maybe.  Bottom line, the region got a LOT easier and Dillard should have a much easier first round opponent next year, assuming they win their district (which they should). 

I honestly belive Dillard and naples or dillard and southridge will be a even matchup tbh i can see dillard vs miami central in the 3rd round

4 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I honestly belive Dillard and naples or dillard and southridge will be a even matchup tbh i can see dillard vs miami central in the 3rd round

you assuming a lot...Deerfield and Chaminade gonna need a lot of transfers next season, and they might be creepin round Dillard:lol:

who knows which Southridge team will show up next year?  Naples, although not world-beaters, seem to consistently put out solid teams that are reasonably competitive.

3 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

you assuming a lot...Deerfield and Chaminade gonna need a lot of transfers next season, and they might be creepin round Dillard:lol:

who knows which Southridge team will show up next year?  Naples, although not world-beaters, seem to consistently put out solid teams that are reasonably competitive.

True True 

23 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Lol he aint lying