pahokee football

john taylor

On 12/18/2018 at 10:14 PM, Jags904 said:

The Muck has become a hard place to coach for a number of reasons:

1) small town bs politics. I had a buddy who applied for some jobs down there but he didn’t have the “right” resume. The dude coached at the D1 level and at a state championship winning program! But he wasn’t from around the there

2) lack of resources. Not only is the area poor but you aren’t around a lot of money like in the urban areas

3) tough administrations. It’s state championship or bust in 2 years, you can’t take the time to install your culture or anything...you gotta win immediately.

That's sounds about right. If you don't win States in 2 or 3 years you're fired!

On 12/20/2018 at 10:38 AM, gatorman-uf said:

Is there an article in the Post or Sentinel that talks about the current head guys being removed or is just strong rumor at this point in and time?

I’m sure there won’t be an articles about Assistant Coaches being released, but it did happen at GC. Walkes was relieved at Pahokee on yesterday. I’m guessing the media haven’t got a hit about it yet. 

On 12/21/2018 at 8:12 AM, muckboy561 said:

Naw man  homie telling the truth

Just saying my thoughts on the issues with the program. It really could be a great job with a patient administration. Tons of great athletes, big time football culture, and a very solid alumni base. Just gonna take the right guy to get it back to where it belongs

12 hours ago, Jags904 said:

Just saying my thoughts on the issues with the program. It really could be a great job with a patient administration. Tons of great athletes, big time football culture, and a very solid alumni base. Just gonna take the right guy to get it back to where it belongs

Pahokee has a patient administration. they stuck with B. Thompson through some rough years. Walkes, probably would still be the coach if he didn't embarrasses himself and the school/program during the Cocoa game and it seemed as if the team was just drifting with the wind. Glades Central is the program with the short leash. It seams they have 2 seasons to win or some changes will be made.

I think PK will have a new HC and OC from what I've heard, mostly from players. Haven't spoken with any admin or adults associated with the program...so don't quote me!

10 hours ago, 561_Fan said:

Pahokee has a patient administration. they stuck with B. Thompson through some rough years. Walkes, probably would still be the coach if he didn't embarrasses himself and the school/program during the Cocoa game and it seemed as if the team was just drifting with the wind. Glades Central is the program with the short leash. It seams they have 2 seasons to win or some changes will be made.

I think PK will have a new HC and OC from what I've heard, mostly from players. Haven't spoken with any admin or adults associated with the program...so don't quote me!

Walkes was released on Friday. It’s up to the next coach to determine the Assistants. So it make be more than the OC that’s gone. 

• 3 weeks later...