Venice playing IMG next season confirmed

VeniceIndianFan

17 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

There is going to be a rematch between Venice and IMG next year to help Venice prepare for STA. The game will be played at IMG and will probably be in week 7. So my question to everyone is: Will Venice get revenge on IMG and be ranked high in the nation? Or will this game be a 2017 repeat?

Talk to us about what Venice has in the way of returning talent next year and/or new talent?

* You had 9 seniors on defense that either started or had significant minutes on the field that have to be replaced?

* Losing your QB, work horse TB, TE, OT, OG other than the soph WR coming back you lose every other WR that played this year.......meaning only 4 returning starters on offense?

This will not be the same type of Venice team that played IMG a year ago, that was loaded with returning senior starters on offense and defense........Unless you have an plethora of under the radar type D-1 talent transferring in, I'm seeing a running clock type game the second time around with IMG.

13 hours ago, FL_HS_football said:

Talk to us about what Venice has in the way of returning talent next year and/or new talent?

* You had 9 seniors on defense that either started or had significant minutes on the field that have to be replaced?

* Losing your QB, work horse TB, TE, OT, OG other than the soph WR coming back you lose every other WR that played this year.......meaning only 4 returning starters on offense?

This will not be the same type of Venice team that played IMG a year ago, that was loaded with returning senior starters on offense and defense........Unless you have an plethora of under the radar type D-1 talent transferring in, I'm seeing a running clock type game the second time around with IMG.

I never said Venice was going to win this game. I just said it was preparation for STA, who Venice has to beat to win states.

Who's to say IMG is going to be as good as the one Venice played last year?

IMG honestly has been in decline since 2016, last 2 years they seem to be not as good as prior season

You breezed right by the question I asked, and then responded to my comment about the game????????

My bad. Venice has very little talent returning next year. I don’t currently know if we will have any good transfers/ upcoming players next year as it is far too early to be determined right now.

I just have a hard time believing in the IMG concept for high school football. If you're already a four or five star player you've got your offers. Sometimes it really more has to do with the lifestyle and training. But I think most kids just want to be kids and go to school like normal kids and not tucked away in some athletic Academy with a college type schedule and non-stop regimented training.

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

I just have a hard time believing in the IMG concept for high school football. If you're already a four or five star player you've got your offers. Sometimes it really more has to do with the lifestyle and training. But I think most kids just want to be kids and go to school like normal kids and not tucked away in some athletic Academy with a college type schedule and non-stop regimented training.

With more college kids at the elite programs leaving early for the NFL, folks like Nick Saban need these kids ready to play right out of high school.  That is where IMG comes in.  IMG is doing a much better job than some high schools of getting the kids in the proper physical condition and teaching them the skills needed to succeed right out of high school.  

15 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

With more college kids at the elite programs leaving early for the NFL, folks like Nick Saban need these kids ready to play right out of high school.  That is where IMG comes in.  IMG is doing a much better job than some high schools of getting the kids in the proper physical condition and teaching them the skills needed to succeed right out of high school.  

You're absolutely correct. IMG is just a training facility to help prepare kids for college and the NFL. Venice is going to get smacked against IMG next year lol.