• If Rockledge keeps their interim coach as the HC after spring they will keep the players they have and continue to get more. They will be a very solid team that will eventually challenge Cocoa as the top in Brevard in a few seasons. Eau Gallie will be scrappy for sure but they did lose key players transferring out and brought in a couple as well. I could see them losing a few games
    • “Knowing that we are committing [rules] violations and nothing is being done set off alarms for me." Quote from the former (as of a week or so ago) baseball coach at the high school in question (in the article at the beginning of this thread).   Admittedly, he was not one of the football coaches, but between he and his wife (who was the principal of the school), they seemed to have a lot of insider information.  Note also, that he uses the word "we," referring to the school he was coaching.  Do I have any direct knowledge of cheating?   Nope.   But when I see this much smoke, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that there is some fire burning in there somewhere. 
    • For example if Class 1 has 20 teams eligible to move up, but class 2 only has 15 teams eligible to move down then all 15 move down, and the 15 teams in class 1 with the highest winning percentage would move up. 
    • You could even bump teams up and down based on winning percentage.   After 2 years, teams with a .750 or higher would have to move up a class with the cap still being 125 teams per class. Teams with the highest winning percentage above .750 would move up first and so on.    Same with winning percentages of .250 or worse. They would move down with the worst percentages moving down first 
    • If you cut the classes to 4, that’s 125 teams each class. 500 teams. The rest are independent SSAC teams etc.    125 teams divided into 16 districts is 7-8 teams per district. No issue. Travel and scheduling would be easy breezy. Most games would be local and keep the rivalries fresh.    Playoffs would be an animal. The districts would be so big, and the classes so small that it would be highly unlikely that a garbage team makes the playoffs. Maybe one here or there but nothing like it is now.    Classify by enrollment. Maybe multiply privates by 1.5.    Let’s figure it out 
  • Popular Contributors