Jump to content

  • Announcements

    • Joshua Wilson

      Rules of the Forums   09/02/2017

      Please be sure to read the rules of the forums. This is only to help all of us have a good time and we want to keep this board as fun as possible. 
    • SportsNut25

      Talking Other Sports   11/08/2017

      For those interested in talking about other sports, you can talk about them here. 
Sign in to follow this  
OldSchoolLion

Just How Bad is 6A Region 2?

Recommended Posts

This region got my vote for the weakest region in the upper classes.   Below are the 3-year records of each team.  Only 5 of the 18 teams have won 18 or more games over the past 3 years.  Only 3 teams made the playoffs last season(Gaither, Clearwater and Largo) and none made it to the second round.  Largo and Pasco are the only two teams who have won a region title in the past 20 years.  This is a region where we could see a team(s) with a losing record(s) make the playoffs.    

 

District 5

Lecanto 5-25

Springstead 21-9

Lake Minneola 11-19

Pasco 6-24

 

District 6

Fivay 7-22

Land O'Lakes 13-14

Freedom(Tampa) 10-19

Gaither 19-13

 

District 7

Osceola(Seminole) 6-24

Clearwater 23-11

Countryside 16-13

Seminole(Seminole) 5-24

Largo 18-13

 

District 8

Northeast 16-13

Boca Ciega 15-14

Gibbs 6-24

Dixie Hollins 8-21

St Petersburg 21-10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/20/2018 at 12:04 AM, OldSchoolLion said:

This region got my vote for the weakest region in the upper classes.   Below are the 3-year records of each team.  Only 5 of the 18 teams have won 18 or more games over the past 3 years.  Only 3 teams made the playoffs last season(Gaither, Clearwater and Largo) and none made it to the second round.  Largo and Pasco are the only two teams who have won a region title in the past 20 years.  This is a region where we could see a team(s) with a losing record(s) make the playoffs.    

 

District 5

Lecanto 5-25

Springstead 21-9

Lake Minneola 11-19

Pasco 6-24

 

District 6

Fivay 7-22

Land O'Lakes 13-14

Freedom(Tampa) 10-19

Gaither 19-13

 

District 7

Osceola(Seminole) 6-24

Clearwater 23-11

Countryside 16-13

Seminole(Seminole) 5-24

Largo 18-13

 

District 8

Northeast 16-13

Boca Ciega 15-14

Gibbs 6-24

Dixie Hollins 8-21

St Petersburg 21-10

We are going to fight... Man I am trying to get an easy trip to the state semis leave my region alone LOL (notice we are not even talking about Dun Dun) LOL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

That is embarrassingly terrible. Holy smokes. 

That's insane that one of these teams will be in a state semi final. 

Should be Clearwater or Largo... Who have fielded pretty good teams in the past and both have had and will have nexts year a few D1 prospects...

Now aint no way in hell they are going to win that Semi Final but hey sometimes you need the luck of the draw LMAO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

We are going to fight... Man I am trying to get an easy trip to the state semis leave my region alone LOL (notice we are not even talking about Dun Dun) LOL. 

If Dun Dun was in 6A I would be convinced you were you involved in the payoff that made this region alignment possible.:rolleyes::P:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

If Dun Dun was in 6A I would be convinced you were you involved in the payoff that made this region alignment possible.:rolleyes::P:lol:

Being that a former Falcon alum,  my former HS Coach, friend and guy I coached with for 4 years is the HC of one of these Region 2 teams you might still want to believe I made that payoff with the help of Wavebb on one of his good nights at the Hard Rock.  IF I had my way Dun Dun would go Independent lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



  • Posts

    • Appreciate the suggestions.  Funny, I was just reading up on Pace this morning after seeing how they blasted Jackson.
    • PB Central is DOWN...Atlantic will roll. That game should not be included. Monsignor Pace @ Heritage Plantation HAS to be added. Long-time OC for AHP goes back home as the HC of Pace, and his team is LOADED!!     
    • This team has put together 3 solid seasons and its losses all came against tough teams(see below).  Its defense is going to be very tough to score against.  Their db's made a statement with 3 int's against Western, who they shut out in the KO Classic.  On offense, Senior WR Kentron Poitier is being recruited by all of the big names and junior Jason Marshall, a 4-star CB, showed he has some hands with a spectacular TD catch against Western.  Junior RB Brashard Smith is also being heavily recruited.   And Sophomore qb Kevin Smith is a big kid already at 6'2".  A District 16 matchup with South Dade looms large.  After getting blown out by Columbus last year in the playoffs, one must think they are hungry for a rematch.   2018     10-2     Lost to Southridge and eventual runner-up Columbus 2017     8-2     Lost to Southridge and eventual Final 4 Miami High 2016     9-2    Both losses to eventual state champion Southridge  
    • hasn't seen either team play but makes this statement with conviction.  Comical
    • 7A Atlantic begins its season as it has the past 2 seasons...versus 8A PB Central.  Each of those games were relatively low-scoring affairs and each team won once.  Atlantic won last year 14-0.  Except for their 1-point loss in 2017, Atlantic has dominated the series.  In its kickoff classic, Atlantic surprised Deerfield Beach.  PBC got blown out by Northwestern. 
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Popular Contributors

×