FHSAA State Finals staying at the Citrus Bowl

Joshua Wilson

FHSAA signed off today on a two-year extension of keeping the State Finals in Orlando through the 2015-16 season. Finals will likely find a new home in 2016 due to many conflicts on the sports schedule in December 2016

LINK: http://floridahsfootball.com/2014/05/28/fhsaa-state-football-finals-stay-orlando-two-years/

Well if I can remember the finals were played at Florida State University, Bethune Cookman University and Sunlife Stadium before coming to the Citrus Bowl. When it comes to the 2016 year I hope whatever location is chosen is a good one and one that's centrally located. From Miami/Broward area it takes about 3 in a half to 4 hours to get to Orlando and I'm sure the same would be said from coming up North. See what you don't want is issues arising like a Jacksonville school saying why do we have to travel way to Miami and a Miami school saying why do we have to travel to Jacksonville or Tallahassee.

Well if I can remember the finals were played at Florida State University, Bethune Cookman University and Sunlife Stadium before coming to the Citrus Bowl. When it comes to the 2016 year I hope whatever location is chosen is a good one and one that's centrally located. From Miami/Broward area it takes about 3 in a half to 4 hours to get to Orlando and I'm sure the same would be said from coming up North. See what you don't want is issues arising like a Jacksonville school saying why do we have to travel way to Miami and a Miami school saying why do we have to travel to Jacksonville or Tallahassee.

If it's not in Orlando they should have it in Tampa or UCF stadium... Or somewhere central where it can be fair for everybody...

I am late but your right Orlando makes the most sense because it is centralized.  They will not do a college stadium anymore unfortunately due to the rule the FHSAA put into place that because all of the colleges who did not get to host that year complained that it gave an extra recruiting advantage because coaches could sneak in unauthorized visits and such.  So while I would love for it to be at UCF (such a better location for high school football and so much to do in the immediate area with lots and lots of parking) it will never happen.  I am hoping for Raymond James or maybe even Tropicana.