Top FL Running Backs Rarely Transfer-WR's & DE's Do

OldSchoolLion

Here are Florida's top 20 running backs(excluding IMG) from the Class of 2019.  A number of them spent all four years of their high school career at one school.  Only one transferred within the past two years.  Contrast that with the top 20 senior WR's in the state, 10 of whom transferred within the past 2 seasons, or the top 20 senior DE's in the state, 11 of whom transferred within the past 2 seasons.

1. Mark-Antony Richards/ATH-RB-Wellington
2. Kenny McIntosh/RB-University School
3. Chez Mellusi/RB-Naples
4. Nayquan Wright/RB-Carol City
5. Keshawn King/RB-Oakleaf
6. DJ Williams/RB-Sebring
7. Marcus Crowley/RB-Trinity Christian
8. Daniel Carter/RB-St Thomas Aquinas
9. Kenny Logan/ATH-RB-Menendez
10. Seneca Milledge/RB-Dunbar
11. Damarius Good/ATH-RB-Lake Brantley
12. Jerjuan Newton/ATH-RB-Clearwater Central Catholic
13. Vincent Davis/RB-Cardinal Gibbons
14. Jatarie Washington/RB-Pahokee
15. Lexington Joseph/RB-Miami Central
16. Jouvensly Bazile/RB-Golden Gate
17. Peter Hayes-Patrick/RB-Winter Park-transferred from Timber Creek
18. Jalen Mitchell/RB-Rockledge
19. Devin Ellison/RB-Bartram Trail
20. Knowledge McDaniel/RB-Braden River

8 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:
Here are Florida's top 20 running backs(excluding IMG).  A number of them spent all four years of their high school career at one school.  Only one transferred within the past two years.  Contrast that with the top 20 senior WR's in the state, 9 of whom transferred within the past 2 seasons, or the top 20 senior DE's in the state, 11 of whom transferred within the past 2 seasons.

Mark-Antony Richards/ATH-RB-Wellington
Kenny McIntosh/RB-University School
Chez Mellusi/RB-Naples
Nayquan Wright/RB-Carol City
Keshawn King/RB-Oakleaf
DJ Williams/RB-Sebring
Marcus Crowley/RB-Trinity Christian
Daniel Carter/RB-St Thomas Aquinas
Rashean Lynn/RB-Cocoa-transferred from Titusville in 2017
Kenny Logan/ATH-RB-Menendez
Seneca Milledge/RB-Dunbar
Damarius Good/ATH-RB-Lake Brantley
Jerjuan Newton/ATH-RB-Clearwater Central Catholic
Vincent Davis/RB-Cardinal Gibbons
Jatarie Washington/RB-Pahokee
Lexington Joseph/RB-Miami Central
Jouvensly Bazile/RB-Golden Gate
Peter Hayes-Patrick/RB-Timber Creek
Jalen Mitchell/RB-Rockledge
Devin Ellison/RB-Bartram Trail

Rashean Lynn is a WR. And transfered in 2016 from Titusville. Cocoa's RB is Caziah Holmes who is homegrown.

Just now, 181pl said:

Both of Armwood backs transferred in this year.

I just did a thread for Class of 2020 transfers(work in progress) and the rb from Plant City who transferred to Armwood is in the top 50.  Armwood relied a lot on transfers this past season.  I think that will eventually bite them.  

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, peezy28 said:

I did not get a chance to see him play.  How was he in high school compared to big brother (Jacquez not his his big little brother whom I cannot remember his name lol).

Peez, Peter was not as physical as Patrick, but faster. He was also not as quick as the little, big brother, whose name I also cannot remember, but bigger and more physical.

He was somewhere between each of the two. With that said, I would not be surprised if he ends up being the most successful of the three post high school. 

On 1/5/2019 at 11:19 AM, DarterBlue2 said:

Peez, Peter was not as physical as Patrick, but faster. He was also not as quick as the little, big brother, whose name I also cannot remember, but bigger and more physical.

He was somewhere between each of the two. With that said, I would not be surprised if he ends up being the most successful of the three post high school. 

Javonte Seabury signed with Western michigan currently at a Juco Santa Monica in California.  Hasn't done much i college

9 minutes ago, badbird said:

Javonte Seabury signed with Western michigan currently at a Juco Santa Monica in California.  Hasn't done much i college

Thanks. That's him for sure.

It takes more than just high school talent to succeed in college. It takes dedication and toughness. Some kids are ready and some not. Sorry he's not doing well, but I have come to expect that a large percent of the kids I see will eventually disappoint. It is the ones that surprise me to the upside that makes watching the game worth it.