Canes Second Worst Bowl Game Loss Ever

OldSchoolLion

Only the Canes' 40-3 loss to LSU in the 2005 Peach Bowl topped the 35-3 loss to Wisconsin.  After that LSU loss, some folks swore something like that would never happen again and the Canes would rise again.  Since that Peach Bowl loss, the Canes are 2-8 in their last 10 bowl games.  It is beyond me how a team in the midst of such a hs football hotbed can struggle like this. 

2 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Only the Canes' 40-3 loss to LSU in the 2005 Peach Bowl topped the 35-3 loss to Wisconsin.  After that LSU loss, some folks swore something like that would never happen again and the Canes would rise again.  Since that Peach Bowl loss, the Canes are 2-8 in their last 10 bowl games.  It is beyond me how a team in the midst of such a hs football hotbed can struggle like this. 

While recruiting is very important, as Deerfield Beach has shown time and again at the high school level, while it is necessary it is not sufficient. Coaching and the overall culture that permeates the program are just as important as the right talent!

22 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

While recruiting is very important, as Deerfield Beach has shown time and again at the high school level, while it is necessary it is not sufficient. Coaching and the overall culture that permeates the program are just as important as the right talent!

There were cultural issues at the U 30 years ago that am guessing have never been fully addressed.  I also guess that the senior Administration has never really had their arms around these issues.  That's what happens when we get rich business people running universities who have no clue what it is like to be a kid in college today.