Cocoa has five players entering the NFL draft in 2019

84Tigergrad

20 hours ago, 84Tigergrad said:

What's everyone thoughts ?  I think they all played on the same team at one point

That’s pretty cool. I never realized that Cocoa had such a talent rich roster before. 

It could be comparable to a Saint Thomas or IMG, who consistently produce NFL level talent. Just on a smaller scale, obviously, as they are a public school.

I’m still hoping Venice beats the crap out of Cocoa next season though. It’ll be a fun game to watch for sure.

8 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

That’s pretty cool. I never realized that Cocoa had such a talent rich roster before. 

It could be comparable to a Saint Thomas or IMG, who consistently produce NFL level talent. Just on a smaller scale, obviously, as they are a public school.

I’m still hoping Venice beats the crap out of Cocoa next season though. It’ll be a fun game to watch for sure.

Not consistent but just great group, only 2 or 3 other NFL guys since the 80s

Venice is ok  they won’t beat the crap out of Cocoa that is for sure

36 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

By the way Veniceindian Cocoa is only losing 8 players from this year's team. Cocoa don't rebuild they reload. 15 years straight final 4 or state. 

Cocoa owes a lot of that to Coach Wilkinson. He shaped them young men into excellent athletes on top of their natural talent.  Wilks also discouraged bad manners and disrespectful attitudes. He wanted his Players to set good examples in college as young men. I believe it was 2014 that every Senior on Cocoa's football team earned a scholarship. He will be missed even if Ryan becomes an excellent coach.

On 12/30/2018 at 6:22 PM, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

If you think that is something you should see what lakewood has Produced (without the HS success of winning a state title at that)

1. Shaquem Griffin LB-UCF-SEA 5th rd

2. Shaquill Griffen -CB-UCF-SEA 3rd rd

3. Isiah Wynn -OT-UGA-NE 1st rd (23rd overall)

5. Dante Fowler - DE-UF-OAK(drafted by jags) 1st rd (3rd overall highest draft pick in Pinellas County)

6. Marquez Valdez Scantling - WR-NCSTATE-USF-GB 5th rd

7. Rodney Adams - WR-Toledo-USF-MINN (retired after 1 year) 5th rd

8. Bernard Reedy - WR-Toldeo-TB UFA

9. Ryan Davis - WR-Auburn (Likely get drafted mid to late rounds due to size but currently is all time leader for receptions and reception tds at Auburn).

10. Jonte Green - CB-New Mexico State-Detroit (drafted) 6th round

Just for kicks and giggles the guys highlighted in green at some point in time were all on the same damn team... You can figure out if that is a good thing or a bad thing LOL.

Those are recent players or the ones still in the League.  Going back further Lakewood also produced the following pro players you may recognize:

1. Louis Murphy

2. William Floyd

3. Aveon Cason

4. Cornell Green

5. Ernest Givins

6. Tom Carter

7. Pat Carter

8. Tim Carter

9. Pat Terrell

8 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Nope his younger brother James Jr. Tarean is in the new AAF League they just made for the atlanta franchise I believe

Cool, I plan to check out those games.  Hopefully it provides better football than the defunct XFL.  I like what they are doing though by basing rosters off of where they played college... Adds a bit of fan fare if you want to root for guys your familiar with.

2 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

Cool, I plan to check out those games.  Hopefully it provides better football than the defunct XFL.  I like what they are doing though by basing rosters off of where they played college... Adds a bit of fan fare if you want to root for guys your familiar with.

I definitely agree with you on that. Adds a new dynamic to it and should bring out crowds for that reason. I honestly believe that it will do a lot better than the XFL. Also I can see the XFL failing again this go around as well.

2 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

I definitely agree with you on that. Adds a new dynamic to it and should bring out crowds for that reason. I honestly believe that it will do a lot better than the XFL. Also I can see the XFL failing again this go around as well.

Yeah, I don't see how the XFL can succeed if they keep the same type of soap opera drama... No one wants that we just want good football.  so unless they can entice some really good players to play it won't work.

31 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

If you think that is something you should see what lakewood has Produced (without the HS success of winning a state title at that)

1. Shaquem Griffin LB-UCF-SEA 5th rd

2. Shaquill Griffen -CB-UCF-SEA 3rd rd

3. Isiah Wynn -OT-UGA-NE 1st rd (23rd overall)

5. Dante Fowler - DE-UF-OAK(drafted by jags) 1st rd (3rd overall highest draft pick in Pinellas County)

6. Marquez Valdez Scantling - WR-NCSTATE-USF-GB 5th rd

7. Rodney Adams - WR-Toledo-USF-MINN (retired after 1 year) 5th rd

8. Bernard Reedy - WR-Toldeo-TB UFA

9. Ryan Davis - WR-Auburn (Likely get drafted mid to late rounds due to size but currently is all time leader for receptions and reception tds at Auburn).

10. Jonte Green - CB-New Mexico State-Detroit (drafted) 6th round

Just for kicks and giggles the guys highlighted in green at some point in time were all on the same damn team... You can figure out if that is a good thing or a bad thing LOL.

Those are recent players or the ones still in the League.  Going back further Lakewood also produced the following pro players you may recognize:

1. Louis Murphy

2. William Floyd

3. Aveon Cason

4. Cornell Green

5. Ernest Givins

6. Tom Carter

7. Pat Carter

8. Tim Carter

9. Pat Terrell

What could a Castle, Darlington, or Kinnan done long term at that school ?  It's a shame they never had the "right stuff" at the top.

Or a Robert W... They tell me the schools biggest issue is they had those stars but they had no depth behind them... While that may be the case when you have that plethora of athletes to me anything less than a state title should be an underachievement... You coach to your strengths and coach around your deficiencies.