Alabama vs Clemson Yaaaawn

OldSchoolLion

4 minutes ago, badbird said:

lost to the 4th best team in the SEC that was missing 8 or 9 starters.  

By choice

They weren't injured or sick

Those players quit on their team and are a embarrassment to the sport

If I had the talent to play the sport I would want to play until the last second but these players think a BCS bowl game is so meaningless that it's fine to sit it out

24 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

By choice

They weren't injured or sick

Those players quit on their team and are a embarrassment to the sport

If I had the talent to play the sport I would want to play until the last second but these players think a BCS bowl game is so meaningless that it's fine to sit it out

Sorry but if I'm going to make millions as long as I don't get hurt I'm also sitting out a meaningless bowl game.   UCF just lost to LSU's second team defense.  Now that's embarrassing 

38 minutes ago, badbird said:

Sorry but if I'm going to make millions as long as I don't get hurt I'm also sitting out a meaningless bowl game.   UCF just lost to LSU's second team defense.  Now that's embarrassing 

And if me playing one game gives me a injury that keeps me out of NFL then maybe I wasn't good enough to be there in the first place

9 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

And if me playing one game gives me a injury that keeps me out of NFL then maybe I wasn't good enough to be there in the first place

Honestly, at first I was against players like Fournette or McCaffrey from sitting out, but the more I thought about it, the more it makes sense. These aren't 7th rounders. These are guys where dropping 10 picks can cost a million dollars. injuries might be part of the game but, I need to do everything to protect my career. 

6 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Honestly, at first I was against players like Fournette or McCaffrey from sitting out, but the more I thought about it, the more it makes sense. These aren't 7th rounders. These are guys where dropping 10 picks can cost a million dollars. injuries might be part of the game but, I need to do everything to protect my career. 

Then why not just sit out junior season and go into training for NFL?

It basically same idea

1 minute ago, gatorman-uf said:

Joey Boss has essentially done that, but most rising sophomores aren't ready to be compared to juniors and seniors. Physical characteristics aren't enough, need game film for NFL.

Also sitting out your junior year will probably hurt your stock and cost you millions.  Sitting out 1 game isn't going to hurt you and your season is basically over other than beating a fake national champ.

3 hours ago, badbird said:

lost to the 4th best team in the SEC that was missing 8 or 9 starters.  

UCF lost because they were dominated at the line of scrimmage. Even so, they were still in the game and but for five dropped catches by receivers/a tight end, and a dumb ass celebration after a stop, they may still have won the game. Milton was badly missed for this game. No lack of love for Mack, for he is talented enough, but he needs to learn that he can't just stand there stationery in the pocket and expect to not get sacked unless his Offensive Line clearly dominated the defensive line, which was far from the case.

Still, UCF is on the verge of building a sustainable program that will elevate it to elite status for years to come. O'Leary could not have left too soon, IMHO; and Scott Frost (I totally understand why he left for Nebraska), may live to regret the day he left this program. 

Below one can see how Alabama is recruiting differently than 10 years ago.  Note the difference in number of players from Louisiana, Texas, California and Maryland/DC, where they are obviously recruiting hard now.  Louisiana is loaded with talent, and Alabama is going after it.  As I mentioned earlier, Saban has taken recruiting to a new level this decade, penetrating all of the hs football hotbeds.  

2018-players from 23 different states, 2008-players from 13 different states

Comparison of players on roster in 2018 vs 2008:

Alabama-38(2018), 60(2008)

Florida-12(2018), 13(2008

Texas-11(2018), 5(2008)

Louisiana-11(2018), 1(2008)

Georgia-7(2018), 8(2008)

California-6(2018), 1(2008)

Maryland/DC-6(2018), 0(2008)

Mississippi-4(2018), 6(2008)

S Carolina-4(2018), 1(2008)

Tennessee-2(2018), 7(2008)

20 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Well, everyone, the game was a yawner, but at least we got to see that thrilling halftime show.:rolleyes:  I am glad to see college football is making an effort to reach mainstream America.  

DwW_qZaV4AAdaE4.jpg

This is what you would get if the Hamburglar and the homeless lady from Home Alone 2 had a baby. 

image.png.349095350d8531da5d792b7b790f2e9d.pngimage.png.c60890af6d4c09e2a44fab1b31559ca5.png