• Announcements

• Joshua Wilson

Rules of the Forums   09/02/2017

Please be sure to read the rules of the forums. This is only to help all of us have a good time and we want to keep this board as fun as possible. 
    • SportsNut25

Talking Other Sports   11/08/2017

For those interested in talking about other sports, you can talk about them here. 
Sign in to follow this  
VeniceIndiansFootball

2019 unofficial schedules

Unofficial Venice schedule for 2019 

@Plant (KOC)

Cocoa

Riverview

@Vero Beach (Yes, @Floridatech

Lakewood Ranch

Bye

IMG Academy (We’re gonna get crushed)

Sarasota 

@Manatee

The schedule is not complete yet, a few games are missing. Any thoughts on this? Anyone else have any unofficial 2019 schedules?

17 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

@Plant (KOC)

Cocoa

Riverview

Lakewood Ranch

Bye

Sarasota 

@Manatee

The schedule is not complete yet, a few games are missing. Any thoughts on this? Anyone else have any unofficial 2019 schedules?

Solid schedule. It will say a lot about the team's ability to go deep in the playoffs. 

9 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

@Plant (KOC)

Cocoa

Riverview

Lakewood Ranch

Bye

Sarasota 

@Manatee

Hope we get Cocoa too

23 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

@Plant (KOC)

Cocoa

Riverview

Lakewood Ranch

Bye

Sarasota 

@Manatee

Gosh not the entire schedule, but this is getting me giddy about the 2019 season already and it is just Day 4 of the New Year... OH MY!!!!

3 hours ago, Joshua Wilson said:

Gosh not the entire schedule, but this is getting me giddy about the 2019 season already and it is just Day 4 of the New Year... OH MY!!!!

I know it’s way too early! Just wanted to hear some opinions. I’m not talking about this topic anymore until August 17th. 

2 hours ago, MC Rockets said:

Oh wow! Armwood has finally returned to play an OOS game. I think this is there first since 2011 or 2012 correct?

Yes, it is difficult for Hillsborough County teams to clear significant travel (even in-state) with the local school board administration. 

It's probably one of the reasons Armwood has been pounded by Dade teams recently. In the early 2000s they held their own with the Booker T's of the world. 

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Yes, it is difficult for Hillsborough County teams to clear significant travel (even in-state) with the local school board administration. 

It's probably one of the reasons Armwood has been pounded by Dade teams recently. In the early 2000s they held their own with the Booker T's of the world. 

Yes I remember. They were a thorn in BTW's butt for a long time. 

Those big Georgia  teams usually have enough money to help a team with travel. 

Flights from Tampa to Atlanta are really cheap and chartering a bus is even cheaper.  So it wouldn’t cost more than 10,000 to get up there spend the night play a game and come home 

2 minutes ago, imjustafan2 said:

I saw recently on FB that Cocoa has been invited to play at the Military/Veteran Freedom Bowl Game in Atlanta. The dates are August 29-31. No schedule has been posted yet for the 2019 games, the 2018 games are still on the site.

This particular bowl is quickly turning into a great event with top notch teams!

North Miami Beach and their 236th state ranking are playing defending 5A Georgia Champ Bainbridge in a wasted running clock game. 

Highlight of the 40 point ass beating will be a nice tour of Florida and Florida State. Lol. 

11 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

North Miami Beach and their 236th state ranking are playing defending 5A Georgia Champ Bainbridge in a wasted running clock game. 

Highlight of the 40 point ass beating will be a nice tour of Florida and Florida State. Lol. 

Didn't Bainbridge lose to Lincoln??

On 1/21/2019 at 2:41 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Didn't Bainbridge lose to Lincoln??

Yes but that’s no excuse for these punk Georgia teams finding the worst Florida teams they can find. 

First garbage like Taravella and Everglades went up to South Georgia and lost by a combined 93-6. Now this. Georgia is a pit bull with poodle nuts 

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

Yes but that’s no excuse for these punk Georgia teams finding the worst Florida teams they can find. 

First garbage like Taravella and Everglades went up to South Georgia and lost by a combined 93-6. Now this. Georgia is a pit bull with poodle nuts 

My point is if a team like Lincoln could win over Bainbridge than North Miami Beach might do the same

18 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

My point is if a team like Lincoln could win over Bainbridge than North Miami Beach might do the same

Lincoln is way better than NMB. It’s no comparison. That’s how bad NMB is. 

Bainbridge turned down Godby and Wakulla to play this scrub 

same with Ware County. They turn down Miami Central and Raines to try and schedule freaking Ribault. It’s embarrassing that these punk behind GA teams find the worst Florida teams they can find. 

It's hard for me to judge the Georgia teams without knowing more.  Apparently, Bainbridge won the state championship in their classification this past year, right?  From my experience, and with a handful of exceptions, it's tough for high school teams to defend their titles -- especially public schools.  I don't know whether Bainbridge is public or private, but I'd be willing to bet they won their state title this past year on the shoulder pads of some talented seniors  . . . who won't be playing high school football next fall when they play NMB. 

This is a kickoff classic/pre-season type of game, right?  From what I've noticed, coaches that have a particularly green team (i.e., not that many starters returning, and certainly not many starters at key skill positions) often prefer to play an 'easy' team so that they can get the feet underneath them before the regular season starts.  What better way to do that than to find an out-of-state team that perhaps has a little history, but who is now on the down side of the cycle?  Other coaches want to play the best team they can find, especially if they have a number of starters returning.  But, even if they don't have a full squad coming back, these coaches want to play the best team available in hopes of finding what their strengths and weaknesses are -- even at the risk of getting beat (but hopefully not a demoralizing loss). 

I can understand both philosophies.  I tend to think that playing the hard team right out of the gates better prepares both teams for the regular season, but that's just me . . . and I'm not from Georgia.  ;)

No this is a week 3 game. They chose to pick some garbage Miami team because it’s the path of least resistance. Wakulla and Godby are 30-45 minutes away max, and we’re begging to play. I know because I spoke to both coaches. It would have been a good gate because of the fans who would have took the short hike. 

NMB won’t bring 50 people whereas Godby and Wakulla would have brought 500. And they would have had to pay them less for it being right up the street. 

This was strictly a decision based on beating a crap team and nothing else