The 3 Worst Counties for Football Awards

OldSchoolLion

These are my winners.  Feel free to debate, bashful patrons of the Board!:)  Listed are the 5-year records of teams in each county.  One can see what a relatively high percentage of weak teams reside in these counties.  I only considered the counties with larger populations.   Duval is kind of a tough one to judge.  There is such a huge disparity there between the "rich" and the "poor."  But looking at the county as a whole, the sheer number of weak teams there disappoints.

#1 Lee County (14 public schools-Bonita Spgs does not play)

Island Coast 17-36 

Cypress Lake 15-33 

Mariner 15-34  

Ida Baker 14-36 

Estero 14-37 

Gateway Charter 11-41 

East Lee County 10-38 

#2 Pasco County (12 public schools)

Lecanto 17-33 

Anclote 16-33 

Pasco 16-34 

Fivay 14-35 

Gulf 11-40 

#3(Tie) Duval County (17 public schools)

Westside 16-32 

Englewood 16-39 

Paxon 15-39 

Stanton 14-39 

Parker 14-41 

Jackson 8-39 

Wolfson 5-44

#3(Tie) Pinellas County (18 schools)

Gibbs 17-34 over 5 years

Seminole 10-39 over 5 years

Dixie Hollins 10-39 over 5 years

Dunedin 2-47 over 5 years

Duval is the perfect example of a top heavy county

Very little middle ground, either they have teams with loaded rosters or they are transfer feeders for ones who are 

Right now it seems the hot teams in duval is Lee, Raines, Trinity Christian 

Then Mandarin starting to come into play

Then you got sandalwood and Fletcher on side closest to beach as well as solid ones like Bolles, Ribault and university Christian

Rest are basically feeding those schools as their better players transfer to one of the above listed schools and Duval has always had laxed movement of players even before the new rules

2 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Westside 16-32 

Englewood 16-39 

Paxon 15-39 

Stanton 14-39 

Parker 14-41 

Jackson 8-39 

Wolfson 5-44

While at the bottom Duval is demonstrably bad per the above. Duval's public schools won two state titles this year: Mandarin and Raines. So, in my opinion, that leaves Pinellas as the sole county in third place. 

14 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

While at the bottom Duval is demonstrably bad per the above. Duval's public schools won two state titles this year: Mandarin and Raines. So, in my opinion, that leaves Pinellas as the sole county in third place. 

I was surprised to find out that Raines has had so many athletes play in the NFL. If I  remember correctly they are one of the top 10 in Florida.

1 minute ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I was surprised to find out that Raines has had so many athletes play in the NFL. If I  remember correctly they are one of the top 10 in Florida.

They are. They have suffered from coaching and other issues. With the last two seasons under their belt, they seem to be doing better. Will it last? That is the question of the decade. 

On 1/15/2019 at 7:33 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

These are my winners.  Feel free to debate, bashful patrons of the Board!:)  Listed are the 5-year records of teams in each county.  One can see what a relatively high percentage of weak teams reside in these counties.  I only considered the counties with larger populations.   Duval is kind of a tough one to judge.  There is such a huge disparity there between the "rich" and the "poor."  But looking at the county as a whole, the sheer number of weak teams there disappoints.

#1 Lee County (14 public schools-Bonita Spgs does not play)

Island Coast 17-36 

Cypress Lake 15-33 

Mariner 15-34  

Ida Baker 14-36 

Estero 14-37 

Gateway Charter 11-41 

East Lee County 10-38 

#2 Pasco County (12 public schools)

Lecanto 17-33 

Anclote 16-33 

Pasco 16-34 

Fivay 14-35 

Gulf 11-40 

Westside 16-32 

Englewood 16-39 

Paxon 15-39 

Stanton 14-39 

Parker 14-41 

Jackson 8-39 

Wolfson 5-44

#3(Tie) Pinellas County (18 schools)

Gibbs 17-34 over 5 years

Seminole 10-39 over 5 years

Dixie Hollins 10-39 over 5 years

Dunedin 2-47 over 5 years

You can stop bashing Dunedin we are officially going independent and going to create a schedule that includes the villages school for the blind combined with leto, Gulf, Pasco etc for the next 2 years.

I exaggerate but this is something I have been saying Dunedin should do for some years... They have to play teams that they can actually compete against gain some wins and confidence and perhaps attract more kids to the program. 

• 2 weeks later...