Columbia looking for games

DisabledAccount

59 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

We are too try us for wk 4

If you got week 4 open than have Vero reach out to Columbia quickly because they will probably not need too long to find a opening

Columbia obviously wants a home game next season but I'm sure that if Vero travels this year Columbia would return the trip the following year

24 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If you got week 4 open than have Vero reach out to Columbia quickly because they will probably not need too long to find a opening

Columbia obviously wants a home game next season but I'm sure that if Vero travels this year Columbia would return the trip the following year

We have a week 9 opening right now too. Try and get into contact with the Venice AD. We’ll make the trip.

16 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

We have a week 9 opening right now too. Try and get into contact with the Venice AD. We’ll make the trip.

I don't have any contact with football currently nor would they listen to me on scheduling even if I tried

My advice is to reach out to Venice and get them to call Coach Allen up using the contact info on that post, unfortunately I can only go far enough to spread the word, I have no power or control over our schedule

Hell I couldn't even convince them to tell me who we currently have on the schedule so I have as much influence at football as any casual fan would have 

I wish I could do more to make those games happen 

@KeemD321 I wouldn't be opposed to either game but they both need to realize the extent of my power is basically what I did by sharing that announcement, I have no control over the schedule and my connections at football and communication have both taken steep drops since I graduated

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I can do that and are y'all strong this year

14 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

Lol depends if it's wk 4 at Vero then Vero will most likely take it and it'll be a week after playin yall

Based on the ad it seems Columbia would want any game they play those 2 weeks to be home 

Based on our scheduling habits I'm guessing we already have 5 games on the road because Columbia tries to schedule evenly on home/road so 5 home and 5 away

They may not accept playing either team unless Columbia gets the home game this year but I would expect Columbia to return trip next year if either or both make trip to Lake City this year since Columbia has no problem returning trips on the second year of a series

13 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

I can do that and are y'all strong this year

Yeah they should be very good this year, they will have to replace some senior heavy positions like OL, LB, and DB's but they should have no problem with the amount of depth on the roster and plenty of talent in 2020 class who got playing time last year 

10 hours ago, Floridatech said:

Lol depends if it's wk 4 at Vero then Vero will most likely take it and it'll be a week after playin yall

Yeah. I’m really excited for that week 3 Venice vs Vero game! I think Venice gets revenge this year. We’ll see I suppose. I’ll try to get into contact with the Venice coaches soon. I sure would like to see Venice play Columbia.

12 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Based on the ad it seems Columbia would want any game they play those 2 weeks to be home 

Based on our scheduling habits I'm guessing we already have 5 games on the road because Columbia tries to schedule evenly on home/road so 5 home and 5 away

They may not accept playing either team unless Columbia gets the home game this year but I would expect Columbia to return trip next year if either or both make trip to Lake City this year since Columbia has no problem returning trips on the second year of a series

We traveled to Oscar Smith our longest trip and traveled to Venice and Pahokee last year but we'll see what Vero does I know they'll want wk 4 at Vero tho.....

24 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

Prolly depends on who we scheduling this year I know our defense is senior laden comin up for this year 

I think losing 1 tough game in the regular season would help Vero get through the playoffs.

The same way how Venice played IMG in 2017, we lost but the game served its purpose- beating STA. Scheduling an overwhelming game helps coaches expose the areas they need to work on to better their team and show their worth on the road to states.

I am not a believer that one has to play a brutal schedule to improve their chances. Just play one game a year that you know will be extremely hard to win, and build off that performance. 

I think Vero Beach should schedule STA or IMG, hell even a Miami team, to help prepare for the road to states. 

Sorry for the wall of text.

18 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I think losing 1 tough game in the regular season would help Vero get through the playoffs.

The same way how Venice played IMG in 2017, we lost but the game served its purpose- beating STA. Scheduling an overwhelming game helps coaches expose the areas they need to work on to better their team and show their worth on the road to states.

I am not a believer that one has to play a brutal schedule to improve their chances. Just play one game a year that you know will be extremely hard to win, and build off that performance. 

I think Vero Beach should schedule STA or IMG, hell even a Miami team, to help prepare for the road to states. 

Sorry for the wall of text.

We already got y'all I'm still tryna get around to the school to see if Vero is interested in playing Glades Central

18 hours ago, Floridatech said:

We already got y'all I'm still tryna get around to the school to see if Vero is interested in playing Glades Central

You’re going to beat us again though. If we can’t beat Vero Beach week 1 at our house, we most certainly will NOT beat them week 3 at their house. Glades Central is a good choice for an opponent.

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

You’re going to beat us again though. If we can’t beat Vero Beach week 1 at our house, we most certainly will NOT beat them week 3 at their house. Glades Central is a good choice for an opponent.

Thought you said y'all gettin revenge LoL....

Glades Central will be good cuz we have to deal with the South this year

On 2/9/2019 at 10:03 AM, Floridatech said:

We traveled to Oscar Smith our longest trip and traveled to Venice and Pahokee last year but we'll see what Vero does I know they'll want wk 4 at Vero tho.....

Then that may cost Vero a chance at playing them

Columbia schedules 5/5 so if they are only looking for home games for 2 weeks that means they are likely already got 5 road games

2016 we ended up with only 3 home games because of hurricanes and they had a rough financial year with it, they aren't going to intentionally schedule a off balance of home/road games and potentially risk losing another during season to a hurricane

Even for how weak our crowd numbers have been those home games are biggest source of income to athletic department every year, they need at least 5 each year

Vero will have to travel if they want that game

36 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Then that may cost Vero a chance at playing them

Columbia schedules 5/5 so if they are only looking for home games for 2 weeks that means they are likely already got 5 road games

2016 we ended up with only 3 home games because of hurricanes and they had a rough financial year with it, they aren't going to intentionally schedule a off balance of home/road games and potentially risk losing another during season to a hurricane

Even for how weak our crowd numbers have been those home games are biggest source of income to athletic department every year, they need at least 5 each year

Vero will have to travel if they want that game

You know Vero can pull out that money to make y'all come right???

10 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

You know Vero can pull out that money to make y'all come right???

Columbia probably makes close to 15-20k range  (2-3k at 7 bucks a ticket) for home games with ticket sales plus parking and concessions

Add on to that it would probably cost Columbia about 6-8k for 2 charter buses to drive down to Vero Beach (slightly more than IMG game even though IMG paid that and more)

So that fee to get them down there could be anywhere from 21-28k 

I doubt Vero would pay us half that to come down there when they can get teams for much cheaper locally

Now if Vero went to Columbia this year than they would have no problem returning the trip next year (at least I doubt they would)

But Columbia isn't just going to forfeit a home game and take a loss financially when they can find teams willing to play in Lake City (some who wouldn't even require a travel assistance)