Columbia looking for games

DisabledAccount

5 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

FloridaTech I feel like you and I would make great friends 

oh look a possible love connection on floridakids.  They do say opposites attract.  veniceIndiansFootball is so positive about vero and  FloridaTech is always so negative about Vero.  I can set you two up.

Just now, badbird said:

oh look a possible love connection on floridakids.  They do say opposites attract.  veniceIndiansFootball is so positive about vero and  FloridaTech is always so negative about Vero.  I can set you two up.

I’m not too fond of Vero Beach. Especially not after that whooping they gave us last year. Hey Badbird! This might just work out!  

On 2/10/2019 at 3:50 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Now if Vero went to Columbia this year than they would have no problem returning the trip next year (at least I doubt they would)

But Columbia isn't just going to forfeit a home game and take a loss financially when they can find teams willing to play in Lake City (some who wouldn't even require a travel assistance)

I remember when we played a home and home series with Columbia back in the mid to late 80's.  Vero's Coach Livings had a good relationship with the Columbia coach back then.  I remember Columbia stadium as being sort of iconic...beautiful setting, tail gating, and great football.  It was a long trip though....for both teams.  

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I remember when we played a home and home series with Columbia back in the mid to late 80's.  Vero's Coach Livings had a good relationship with the Columbia coach back then.  I remember Columbia stadium as being sort of iconic...beautiful setting, tail gating, and great football.  It was a long trip though....for both teams.  

Well when they played in a 2 year series in the early 90s it was still while we played games at memorial stadium which had a ton of history to it including where Pat summerall played and where Columbia played during their championship year

Tiger stadium is much larger but has not been known for championships and instead known for falling short and being the site of our fanbase turning from hardcore to fair weather 

It is definitely a long trip but putting these 2 on the field helps both teams 

29 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well when they played in a 2 year series in the early 90s it was still while we played games at memorial stadium which had a ton of history to it including where Pat summerall played and where Columbia played during their championship year

Tiger stadium is much larger but has not been known for championships and instead known for falling short and being the site of our fanbase turning from hardcore to fair weather 

It is definitely a long trip but putting these 2 on the field helps both teams 

Maybe it was the early 90's.  I have been around for awhile.  The old Memorial Stadium was quite a place... reminds me of the iconic Citrus Bowl where we play.