2019 Trinity Christian schedule

DisabledAccount

12 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

ironic that teams like TC and Chaminade-Madonna can play some of the tougher regular season schedules of any team in the state, yet cannot play up in classification for state titles

I understand the FHSAA's point of view by not letting teams move classifications, but I think they should make an exception for the smaller schools to move to 5A if they choose to play in a district.

Chaminade-Madonna is a very good team and a worthy champion, but even with their 18 transfers right now, they'll get run off the field, quickly, against this JaxTCA team.

11 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

for some odd reason this video reminds me of 3A

3A is a top loaded classification that has 3 teams which will feature predominately in assorted small-school national rankings and 2 schools which are contenders to be in the top 50 for all teams in America.

In order; JaxTCA, Chaminade and CCC.    The 2019 JaxTCA team is about 2-3 TD's better than the 2019 Chaminade team. The 2019 Chaminade team is about 2 TD's better than the 2019 CCC team.   CCC is 3-4 TD's better than the next 3A team.

For 3A to become a truly competitive classification where it's "wide open", all 3 of those teams need to be moved to 5A.

P.S- That's  GREAT video!

Bishop Kenny, Bishop Moore, Bolles, Chaminade, Columbus, Jesuit, St Pete Catholic, St Thomas Aquinas, and Tampa Catholic all played in the upper classes in the 1970's when there were only 4 classes.  Of 40 state finalists in the upper classes during those 10 years, private schools appeared only twice in a final (Bishop Moore and Chaminade).  Only Bishop Moore won a title.  Chaminade had an excellent program back then and their coach, Vince Zappone, likely denied himself of more than one state title by insisting upon playing in the upper classes.  He considered it the honorable thing to do.  If the better private schools in Florida had been "playing up" all these years (where they belong in terms of parity), I highly doubt many of them would have nearly as many trophies in their cases.   If FHSAA is concerned about lack of parity, it should remember its early days of existence when it allowed schools to play up and things were much more balanced.   

21 minutes ago, winallthetime said:

Private schools should not be allowed to move up. As a matter of fact, no one should be moved up and down. That is why there is a range of numbers everyone falls into. Unless you are going to go ahead and separate private vs. public in the playoffs. Or if we all say let’s all start recruiting.

I strongly disagree with this statement, but respect your opinion. You're separating things as public and private, which is only one denominator. 1-4A is required to go find their own 10 game schedule. For the successful programs, that gets harder and harder every year.  

If a 1A-4A school says, "Hey we want to play in 5A to ease the scheduling burden. We understand that all of those schools have more players to choose from since they have higher enrollment numbers"

13 minutes ago, winallthetime said:

Private schools should not be allowed to move up. As a matter of fact, no one should be moved up and down. That is why there is a range of numbers everyone falls into. Unless you are going to go ahead and separate private vs. public in the playoffs. Or if we all say let’s all start recruiting.

I feel funny being an old guy saying this, but the concept of using student populations as the sole means of determining the classes is completely outdated and based on assumptions which held water many years ago, but no longer do.  We are living in a completely different world than 50 years ago.  

2 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

I strongly disagree with this statement, but respect your opinion. You're separating things as public and private, which is only one denominator. 1-4A is required to go find their own 10 game schedule. For the successful programs, that gets harder and harder every year.  

If a 1A-4A school says, "Hey we want to play in 5A to ease the scheduling burden. We understand that all of those schools have more players to choose from since they have higher enrollment numbers"

They should consider increasing their schools enrollment to qualify for a larger classification so they don’t have to go thru the tedious process of scheduling. 

Male sports should be determined by the amount of males in your school and vice versa with female sports. 

16 minutes ago, winallthetime said:

They should consider increasing their schools enrollment to qualify for a larger classification so they don’t have to go thru the tedious process of scheduling. 

Male sports should be determined by the amount of males in your school and vice versa with female sports. 

I get the syntax of your argument, but it doesn't hold water when you consider it's not as easy as snapping your fingers and saying "Poof..we can now house an additional 200 students", these schools are small for a reason.

As for male sports and female sports, I like your idea and also agree with Old School Lion. The FHSAA needs a better way than simple enrollment numbers to break up the classification process.

34 minutes ago, winallthetime said:

Do you think the gender balance at a school is tilted so much as this would make a difference? All Boy and All Girl schools have their populations doubled, I am confused on where you think this would lead. 

37 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I feel funny being an old guy saying this, but the concept of using student populations as the sole means of determining the classes is completely outdated and based on assumptions which held water many years ago, but no longer do.  We are living in a completely different world than 50 years ago.  

The simplest (and long term) thing to do is start with population numbers, use the RPI, MaxPreps, whatever. Determine the top 10 teams and move them up a classification after a 2 year cycle, move the worst 10 teams down. Don't use population numbers anymore. If population really means greater success than the highest population schools will continually be in the top classifications and smaller schools will never rise up. We want competitiveness, not blowouts. 

A statistical breakdown of all school male vs female and where that would put everyone would be more accurate than just assuming. It could end up where Trinity would drop down with Madison in classification based off of the male vs female classification. That is just a guessing example, and their is no quantifiable number to back that up. Until there are actual real numbers available everything is speculation.

Even though your promotion/relegation idea is good, it doesn’t take into account communities that go Thru waves of talent. Let’s say a two year equates a 4-16 record, but the 9/10 grade class was extremely talented just not ready. That would clearly put them at an advantage being dropped. That may be an extreme example, but it isn’t out of the question. 

My example would ensure a school that is 70% males isnt in the same classification as a school that is 45% male. Other states use this model. Or at least one that I know of, Ohio.

11 hours ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

I understand the FHSAA's point of view by not letting teams move classifications, but I think they should make an exception for the smaller schools to move to 5A if they choose to play in a district.

Chaminade-Madonna is a very good team and a worthy champion, but even with their 18 transfers right now, they'll get run off the field, quickly, against this JaxTCA team.

In a manner of speaking, certain teams in 1A-4A are already being "required" to routinely play up during the regular season(because nobody of like size wants to play them).   It's well known this is happening, and it is being tolerated, but when it comes to the playoffs, only playing schools of the same approximate size is deemed "fair?"  Something about this logic is, well...illogical.

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

They just need a central florida team and a Tampa area team...then they will have a game against every region in Florida. Panhandle, North, broward/Miami/dade, central and southwest

Guess they gotta play a schedule like that to be battle tested for Baldwin and St Joseph Academy in the 3A playoffs.:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It ain't to prepare for them it's most likely to prepare for Chaminade lol

Columbia,

Old School was being extremely sarcastic :-)   JaxTCA vs Chaminade-Madonna will be an amazing game. JaxTCA has a veteran roster, Chaminade-Madonna has a roster filled with upper level transfers.

6 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Columbia,

Old School was being extremely sarcastic :-)   JaxTCA vs Chaminade-Madonna will be an amazing game. JaxTCA has a veteran roster, Chaminade-Madonna has a roster filled with upper level transfers.

Oh i know lol

In all honesty TCA would be classified as a team that has to play so many large schools because the smaller schools don't want to play them, they play up out of necessity

30 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Columbia,

Yes, I get that way when I'm off my meds Jessica LOL.:ph34r:  Seriously, though, my sarcasm is a reflection of my disappointment some of our playoffs have become so predictable...almost anticlimactic.  This is the first time in history I can remember classifications in which the finalists have become a virtual lock at the start of the season, barring something extraordinary happening.  ...no intrigue. 

41 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Yes, I get that way when I'm off my meds Jessica LOL.:ph34r:  Seriously, though, my sarcasm is a reflection of my disappointment some of our playoffs have become so predictable...almost anticlimactic.  This is the first time in history I can remember classifications in which the finalists have become a virtual lock at the start of the season, barring something extraordinary happening.  ...no intrigue. 

Chaminade was a bigger lock for finals last year than this year lol

And during that 2015 and 2016 years Trinity Christian was almost running clock favorite over rest of 3a north

There really is a huge gap at the top of 3a compared to rest of the class, if you took Trinity, Chaminade and Clearwater Central Catholic out of 3a then 3a becomes much more competitive but would potentially lack star power (similar to 2a)

This probably goes back to the idea that classifications by school enrollment doesn't exactly work in this day and age with competitive balance, something has to give and if we decide it's more important for classes to be competitive then we need new options to look at for how classes are broken down