24 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

The number next to each team is last years maxpreps national ranking 

#1,497 Shiloh Christian,AR vs #4,147 Moore Haven 

#4282 Ridley,PA vs #4736 Cooper City 

#5876 Golden,CO vs #6163 St Cloud 

#2,218 Chatfield,CO vs #3304 Jensen Beach 

#1,089 St Mary’s Ryken,MD vs #4,370 East Ridge 

#6455 Northern Valley Demarest,NJ vs #12,019 Tampa Bay Christian Academy 

Well the Disney trip might end up being more exciting then some of these huge mismatches 

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Only 2 games have teams ranked within 1000 spots of each other

Not a good look 

This event honestly would benefit from letting some FL vs FL matchups like they used to, that way we can get better games and let the OOS games be undercard games

Lol at 1,000 spots.

The only teams from FL who have a shot is St Cloud, and Cooper City. 

Maybe Moore Haven as a dark horse assuming that Shiloh loses the house and MH brings back a lot 

1 minute ago, nolebull813 said:

Lol at 1,000 spots.

The only teams from FL who have a shot is St Cloud, and Cooper City. 

Maybe Moore Haven as a dark horse assuming that Shiloh loses the house and MH brings back a lot 

Moore Haven a solid small school, they have a shot 

Have to agree on the other 2 being only favorites

Just wish they would allow some FL vs FL games at this event again, we would get much better matchups since the top FL teams aren't scared to play other top ones

11 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

They actually did have FL vs FL games in the past at Disney. 

Problem is seating. There is less than 1,000 seats at each stadium on campus so you couldn’t have a huge matchup. 

Couldn't they just use a larger stadium

Maybe let someone like Dr Phillips host it as their stadium is just a few minutes from one of the theme parks (I know this because last time I was in Orlando I passed by the stadium on my way to universal)

Heck Dr Phillips could use it as a home game and just let a few other teams play a game at the stadium either before or after their game

Could make it a multi day event (likely needed)

Yeah Milton Georgia is having six games in 2 days at their stadium.  So it is definitely doable. 

It could be called Metro Orlando against Everyone Classic”

Have 3-6 Orlando metro teams play against a quality team from Tampa,  Miami North Florida etc 

Damn shame there is no multi game events involving all Florida teams 

2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Yeah Milton Georgia is having six games in 2 days at their stadium.  So it is definitely doable. 

Have 3-6 Orlando metro teams play against a quality team from Tampa,  Miami North Florida etc 

Wasn't the freedom bowl last year including all FL teams?

Honestly they could do it more like Central FL vs world

So 6 games take 3 Orlando teams, then get someone like Osceola, Mainland and Venice/Braden River/Manatee 

Then have it 3 North FL and 3 south FL teams 

You could make a huge event out of that

Another thing I wish they would do is a FL vs GA border war series

I mentioned this on national board but we could do a 3 or 4 game event (2 games on 2 days for 4 games or maybe triple header for 3 or 2 games and 1 the next day)

Think of these potential matchups

Columbia vs Colquitt County (Columbia potential host being they would be about even on travel across the board for these games)

Godby vs Tift County

Lowndes vs Trinity Christian

Valdosta vs Raines

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

With close proximity you could get Orlando area teams, teams like mainland or Osceola, maybe even teams from Brevard, Sarasota, or manatee county

With all those counties you could get some huge matchups

I think the problem with this becomes teams not wanting to lose the gate money. Disney will take a cut. So, if I am an Osceola, Dr. Phillips, Mainland, etc, why would I want to go to a smaller venue and get less money when I can play a home and home with a team and make more for the program?

I'd have to imagine that's got to be at least part of the reason Florida v Florida isn't likely unless it's like a school from Miami vs. Jacksonville or something like that.

Is there a really that much of a difference once you are in the 1000s range? I mean these teams are playing completely different in completely states with probably very little overlap. Promoters of high school football here in Florida have tried some of the marquee match-ups with 2-3 games on a Saturday. Stadiums don't get filled.

The biggest shame is that with 3 professional football teams in the state (4 if you want to count the Orlando Apollos), that more isn't done in the community to promote football as a whole. The NFL should be requiring empty stadiums to be used early in the season for big Saturday promotion of games. Make the games free. 

Imagine 2 games on a Friday Night and 3 games on a Saturday at TIAA Field (Jax), Raymond James (Tampa), and Hard Rock Hotel (Miami) with 10 of the biggest teams in the areas or criss cross areas. Imagine a Trinity Christian facing off against Mandarin in the night time game, or Miami Northwestern vs Miami Central, or Plant vs Lakeland. Needless to say, professional sports sometimes stink at being ambassadors of the game on a community level. 

2 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

Is there a really that much of a difference once you are in the 1000s range? I mean these teams are playing completely different in completely states with probably very little overlap. Promoters of high school football here in Florida have tried some of the marquee match-ups with 2-3 games on a Saturday. Stadiums don't get filled.

The biggest shame is that with 3 professional football teams in the state (4 if you want to count the Orlando Apollos), that more isn't done in the community to promote football as a whole. The NFL should be requiring empty stadiums to be used early in the season for big Saturday promotion of games. Make the games free. 

Imagine 2 games on a Friday Night and 3 games on a Saturday at TIAA Field (Jax), Raymond James (Tampa), and Hard Rock Hotel (Miami) with 10 of the biggest teams in the areas or criss cross areas. Imagine a Trinity Christian facing off against Mandarin in the night time game, or Miami Northwestern vs Miami Central, or Plant vs Lakeland. Needless to say, professional sports sometimes stink at being ambassadors of the game on a community level. 

The Indianapolis Colts have been sponsoring the Indiana high school football playoffs for the past 10 years and the finals are played at Lucas Oil Stadium.  Their 6 state final games typically average about 7000 attendees per game.   Attendance at our 8 finals in Florida typically average less than 4000 per game.  

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/7i8wgZirhkOi1psIZp8qkA/ihsaa-football-brackets,-stat-leaderboards-and-rankings.htm

As you'll see from their website, the Colts are very involved with youth and high school football in the community.  I've looked on the websites for the Dolphins, Jaguars and Bucs and don't see anything like this.  It's disappointing we have 3 pro teams in the hs football hotbed of Florida yet the game doesn't seem to get as much support as a state with 1 pro team and a lot less hs players/teams. 

https://www.colts.com/community/highschoolfootball/

23 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

So 6 games take 3 Orlando teams, then get someone like Osceola, Mainland and Venice/Braden River/Manatee 

I mentioned this on national board but we could do a 3 or 4 game event (2 games on 2 days for 4 games or maybe triple header for 3 or 2 games and 1 the next day)

Columbia vs Colquitt County (Columbia potential host being they would be about even on travel across the board for these games)

Godby vs Tift County

Valdosta vs Raines

Actually your Tigers beat my Bucs at Disney in the early 2000's. At that time the venue sucked (no bleachers). The game wasn't even played on the main field. There were two out of state teams (lacking Lake City/Mainland athletes) occupying that rinky-dink, small white painted six row high bleacher set-up. Hopefully in the last 20yrs it's been upgraded. Disney wants the out-of-state exposure and whole families coming in to spend time and money at it's attractions. Not guys like "badbird" or I who might drop $10 and haul a$$ home after watching two national powers battle it out....just my .02    

4 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Actually your Tigers beat my Bucs at Disney in the early 2000's. At that time the venue sucked (no bleachers). The game wasn't even played on the main field. There were two out of state teams (lacking Lake City/Mainland athletes) occupying that rinky-dink, small white painted six row high bleacher set-up. Hopefully in the last 20yrs it's been upgraded. Disney wants the out-of-state exposure and whole families coming in to spend time and money at it's attractions. Not guys like "badbird" or I who might drop $10 and haul a$$ home after watching two national powers battle it out....just my .02    

KSA is a travel agency that convinces teams to pay on average about $900-$1000 per person to fly round trip, 4 day hotels, local transportation, food, and tickets to Disney world. And while they are in town doing that play a Florida team. 

Each traveling team gets about 10 applications from Florida opponents who want to play in the event. They start from the worst team and work their way up until a coach for the FL team agrees to play. That’s why about 90 percent of the games scheduled in the history of this event have the OOS team as the higher ranked one. Very rarely will a traveling team be the underdog. 

So these teams pay one set price, come down and have a blast, beat a shit team, and then go back and brag how they went down to powerhouse Florida and whooped some Florida team!!! 

Everyone wins. Except the shit Florida team. Lmao! 

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

KSA is a travel agency that convinces teams to pay on average about $900-$1000 per person to fly round trip, 4 day hotels, local transportation, food, and tickets to Disney world. And while they are in town doing that play a Florida team. 

Each traveling team gets about 10 applications from Florida opponents who want to play in the event. They start from the worst team and work their way up until a coach for the FL team agrees to play. That’s why about 90 percent of the games scheduled in the history of this event have the OOS team as the higher ranked one. Very rarely will a traveling team be the underdog. 

So these teams pay one set price, come down and have a blast, beat a shit team, and then go back and brag how they went down to powerhouse Florida and whooped some Florida team!!! 

Reminds me a bit of these big game farms where hunters pay big bucks to come and bag a "prize" animal they can brag about to their friends.  

They should have to pay a premium to play the especially bad Florida teams.:rolleyes:   "I can get you a team that is 2-48 over the past 5 seasons for an extra $5,000, coach"

3 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

They should have to pay a premium to play the especially bad Florida teams.:rolleyes:   "I can get you a team that is 2-48 over the past 5 seasons for an extra $5,000, coach"

Don’t need to. The traveling team has a pool of at least 20-40 teams. They start with 10 and keep going till they find one. 

They go on maxpreps and get all their rankings and put them in order and contact the coach of the worst team. If that coach says no thank you, they move on to the second worst. And keep going until someone bites 

On 2/21/2019 at 5:48 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

The Indianapolis Colts have been sponsoring the Indiana high school football playoffs for the past 10 years and the finals are played at Lucas Oil Stadium.  Their 6 state final games typically average about 7000 attendees per game.   Attendance at our 8 finals in Florida typically average less than 4000 per game.  

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/7i8wgZirhkOi1psIZp8qkA/ihsaa-football-brackets,-stat-leaderboards-and-rankings.htm

As you'll see from their website, the Colts are very involved with youth and high school football in the community.  I've looked on the websites for the Dolphins, Jaguars and Bucs and don't see anything like this.  It's disappointing we have 3 pro teams in the hs football hotbed of Florida yet the game doesn't seem to get as much support as a state with 1 pro team and a lot less hs players/teams. 

https://www.colts.com/community/highschoolfootball/

while I will say that its great what the colts do, but to be perfectly honest,

what in the hell is there to do in indiana during december?  its cold, rainy/snowy, windy, temps in the 30s at night....

thats why 7k show up.  there aint much to do.....

take disney, universal, the beach away from floridians, all during december, when its somewhat 60-80 every day and nights on the low end of 60s, sometimes, and they may pack the citrus bowl, as there wouldnt be much to do.  

if the roof was put on, and weather of no type was concern(have been when its rainy, or foggy, or chilly cold) may see a bit of an increase of 4k in people.

too many things to do on a friday or saturday night in orlando, vs indianapolis.

Last year the games were not played at Disney.  They moved them to Orange County schools.  We played Columbine at West Orange on a Thursday at 5pm.  The events really center around the traveling team and what works best for them. Columbine flew in on game day and flew out the next morning to go to Bahamas for a mission trip.   It was a huge disappointment for my team to not play at Disney or on Friday at 7pm.  I was not aware of the facility change or time change until it was to late.  The timing made it difficult to get many fans to attend.  I would not consider a varsity game with them again.  

6 hours ago, OC Titan said:

Last year the games were not played at Disney.  They moved them to Orange County schools.  We played Columbine at West Orange on a Thursday at 5pm.  The events really center around the traveling team and what works best for them. Columbine flew in on game day and flew out the next morning to go to Bahamas for a mission trip.   It was a huge disappointment for my team to not play at Disney or on Friday at 7pm.  I was not aware of the facility change or time change until it was to late.  The timing made it difficult to get many fans to attend.  I would not consider a varsity game with them again.  

I don't know if any of the games are being played at Disney.

On 2/21/2019 at 1:10 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Godby vs Tift County

Valdosta vs Raines

I’d switch TCA and Columbia 

35 minutes ago, Jags904 said:

I’d switch TCA and Columbia 

Columbia vs Colquitt would be a better main event for that event than Columbia vs lowndes would and considering Columbia being almost centrally located in that list of teams it only makes sense they would host

Plus Trinity road stands are too small to host a event like that