Jump to content

  • Announcements

    • Joshua Wilson

      Rules of the Forums   09/02/2017

      Please be sure to read the rules of the forums. This is only to help all of us have a good time and we want to keep this board as fun as possible. 
    • SportsNut25

      Talking Other Sports   11/08/2017

      For those interested in talking about other sports, you can talk about them here. 
THIS_IS_DILLARD

Lack of attendance in high school basketball finals/it should be held at home team gym instead.

Recommended Posts

Just now, OldSchoolLion said:

I don't have a problem with the statement "the better team should host."  The problem is how to determine who is better during the regular season when we have a system that does not consider certain biases, ie scheduling restrictions of certain teams, ie Hillsborough County, uneven districts, teams that don't even play teams from their own classification during the regular season(so no opponent comparisons).  The system is rigged (even if unintentionally) to favor certain teams.

That I can agree with

 

That's the balance we need to find with any system is how can we fairly allow us to figure out what system gives every team the same ability to "earn" the right to be in playoffs/host in playoffs

 

Hopefully some of these issues like the unbalanced districts and scheduling could be balanced so we could effectively use a seeding system that doesn't give teams a unfair advantage but still rewards the teams who earn the right to home field advantage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

National rankings and record 

Starting next year the non football sports are going to use maxpreps rankings for district tournament and then subsequent regional tournament seeding 

 

So we may see how that idea does in action very quickly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Starting next year the non football sports are going to use maxpreps rankings for district tournament and then subsequent regional tournament seeding 

 

So we may see how that idea does in action very quickly

They just need to have the finals at the schools period these arenas and stadiums are to big for Florida’s lack of fan base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

They just need to have the finals at the schools period these arenas and stadiums are to big for Florida’s lack of fan base.

I am not sure they are too big for the fan base, but they are just awkward as we have expand to 9 classifications). State championships held 2 pm on a Tuesday afternoon, 4:30 on a Tuesday afternoon, 7 pm on a Tuesday afternoon. 2 pm a Thursday,  4:30 pm a Thursday, 7 pm a Thursday, not counting all of the state-semis.

Like I said, move the state semis to a home gym on a Saturday that can hold a certain amount of people (depending on classification size), shrink regular season by 1 week, extend state playoffs by 1 week.

Week 1
Girls Districts (Championship on a Friday)
Boys Finish Regular Season
Week 2
Girls Regional Quarterfinals on a Tuesday
Girls Regional SemiFinals on a Saturday
Boys Districts with Championships on a Friday
Week 3 
Girls Regional Finals on a Friday
Boys Regional Quarterfinals on a Tuesday
Boys Regional SemiFinals on a Saturday
Week 4
Girls State Semi Finals on a Saturday
Boys Regional Finals on a Friday
Week 5
Girls State Finals on a Saturday (Lakeland)
Boys State Semi Finals on a Saturday
Week 6
Boys State Finals on a Saturday (Lakeland)
 

Currently, the districts through state championships is 4 weeks, this makes it 5 weeks. 
I would also suggest that the games could all be played in one day
1A: 8:30 am
2A: 10:30 am
3A: 12:30 pm
4A: 2:30 pm
5A: 4:30 pm
6A: 6:30 pm
7A: 8:30 pm

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

I am not sure they are too big for the fan base, but they are just awkward as we have expand to 9 classifications). State championships held 2 pm on a Tuesday afternoon, 4:30 on a Tuesday afternoon, 7 pm on a Tuesday afternoon. 2 pm a Thursday,  4:30 pm a Thursday, 7 pm a Thursday, not counting all of the state-semis.

Like I said, move the state semis to a home gym on a Saturday that can hold a certain amount of people (depending on classification size), shrink regular season by 1 week, extend state playoffs by 1 week.

Week 1
Girls Districts (Championship on a Friday)
Boys Finish Regular Season
Week 2
Girls Regional Quarterfinals on a Tuesday
Girls Regional SemiFinals on a Saturday
Boys Districts with Championships on a Friday
Week 3 
Girls Regional Finals on a Friday
Boys Regional Quarterfinals on a Tuesday
Boys Regional SemiFinals on a Saturday
Week 4
Girls State Semi Finals on a Saturday
Boys Regional Finals on a Friday
Week 5
Girls State Finals on a Saturday (Lakeland)
Boys State Semi Finals on a Saturday
Week 6
Boys State Finals on a Saturday (Lakeland)
 

Currently, the districts through state championships is 4 weeks, this makes it 5 weeks. 
I would also suggest that the games could all be played in one day
1A: 8:30 am
2A: 10:30 am
3A: 12:30 pm
4A: 2:30 pm
5A: 4:30 pm
6A: 6:30 pm
7A: 8:30 pm

 

So what’s gonna b done about the lack of fan support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

So what’s gonna b done about the lack of fan support.

I think the lack of fan support has a lot to do with the inconvenience of playing games at 10 am on a Monday. Just so that ColumbiaFan can play along. If Columbia had beaten Crestview, their first game would have been played at 10 am on a Friday. This is during school hours. Lakeland is a bout a 3 hour drive from Lake City. So basically for fans of Columbia to make it to the state championship they would have to be on the road by 6:30-7:00 am to make it to Lakeland by 10 am on a Friday and then if they win, have to either A) stay the night or B) do the whole thing over again on Saturday. Either way that is miserable in terms of expense for the fans.

Instead, by moving the state semi-finals to a home gym (with proper size), on a Saturday, you have made it move convenient for the fans to attend. Additionally, by making all of the state championships on a Saturday, you make it easier for all to attend. Would putting the state championships at home gym have a larger crowd (sure), but at what cost? Away teams would feel that the referees were intimidated to make a home team call and would howl if a call went against them. Better to give the semblance of a neutrality at a neutral court. 

I was happy to see Florida HS Football cover some of the flag football pre-season stuff (but mostly) because the Bucs and Jags were hosting these events. It seems to me, for Basketball the Orlando Magic and Miami Heat should be stepping up.

As a whole though, we are seeing our Republican-led state legislature want there to be less the idea of public schools and the communities they represent. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

I think the lack of fan support has a lot to do with the inconvenience of playing games at 10 am on a Monday. Just so that ColumbiaFan can play along. If Columbia had beaten Crestview, their first game would have been played at 10 am on a Friday. This is during school hours. Lakeland is a bout a 3 hour drive from Lake City. So basically for fans of Columbia to make it to the state championship they would have to be on the road by 6:30-7:00 am to make it to Lakeland by 10 am on a Friday and then if they win, have to either A) stay the night or B) do the whole thing over again on Saturday. Either way that is miserable in terms of expense for the fans.

Instead, by moving the state semi-finals to a home gym (with proper size), on a Saturday, you have made it move convenient for the fans to attend. Additionally, by making all of the state championships on a Saturday, you make it easier for all to attend. Would putting the state championships at home gym have a larger crowd (sure), but at what cost? Away teams would feel that the referees were intimidated to make a home team call and would howl if a call went against them. Better to give the semblance of a neutrality at a neutral court. 

I was happy to see Florida HS Football cover some of the flag football pre-season stuff (but mostly) because the Bucs and Jags were hosting these events. It seems to me, for Basketball the Orlando Magic and Miami Heat should be stepping up.

As a whole though, we are seeing our Republican-led state legislature want there to be less the idea of public schools and the communities they represent. 

 

I agree. But look at the nba their championships game 7 or in general is held at a home gym the way I feel if you have a better record and have a better ranking nationally you should be able to host the championship game. Then each home team could have that night cap game just in different parts of the state. Same with the semis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We aren't going to agree, which is fine.
I just feel when we try and make comparisons to professional athletics, we should be careful. These aren't professionals. They are 14-19 year old students, who are for many getting a once in a life chance to play on a large stage. A Neutral site seems okay (Super Bowl is neutral, March Madness is neutral). 
I will also admit that I haven't been to a huge number of gyms in South Florida, but a lot of the older gyms that I have been could not host state championships. The gyms would be so packed that there would be angry mobs of people outside the gyms because they couldn't get in. In basketball, where fans can get unruly because they are so close to the action, I wouldn't want there to be a state championship played at a high school gym. In other sports like soccer, lacrosse, even baseball and softball where there is often a distance and a fence between the fans and the players, 

Actually, in Alachua County (Gainesville), not a single gym would be worthwhile of holding a state championship game. Every high school gym is too small. Yeah it would be packed, but it would be unbearable and dangerous. Yes, a game in Alachua County could be held at the Santa Fe College (large enough), but then that defeats the purpose of trying to give a home game where you have played every game up until that point. 

To go further, I have been in many of the schools in North Central Florida that would host 1A state championships and very few of them have the capacity to host a state championship (Madison County and Hamilton County) probably the only two.
-------------
While I would disagree with going to home sites for football, one of the things they should do is petition to allow to play on Sunday afternoons. No game should ever be played on a Thursday night. 
There are 451 teams playing football (not in 1A) for 2019-2020 seasons.
They should have shrunk down to 6 classifications of 4 classes of 96, 1 class of 67, and 1 class for Rural.
6 Classes
6A-3A 16 districts (6 teams per districts)
2A-1A 4 regions
State Championships would be Friday, 3 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday (after 1 pm)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

We aren't going to agree, which is fine.
I just feel when we try and make comparisons to professional athletics, we should be careful. These aren't professionals. They are 14-19 year old students, who are for many getting a once in a life chance to play on a large stage. A Neutral site seems okay (Super Bowl is neutral, March Madness is neutral). 
I will also admit that I haven't been to a huge number of gyms in South Florida, but a lot of the older gyms that I have been could not host state championships. The gyms would be so packed that there would be angry mobs of people outside the gyms because they couldn't get in. In basketball, where fans can get unruly because they are so close to the action, I wouldn't want there to be a state championship played at a high school gym. In other sports like soccer, lacrosse, even baseball and softball where there is often a distance and a fence between the fans and the players, 

Actually, in Alachua County (Gainesville), not a single gym would be worthwhile of holding a state championship game. Every high school gym is too small. Yeah it would be packed, but it would be unbearable and dangerous. Yes, a game in Alachua County could be held at the Santa Fe College (large enough), but then that defeats the purpose of trying to give a home game where you have played every game up until that point. 

To go further, I have been in many of the schools in North Central Florida that would host 1A state championships and very few of them have the capacity to host a state championship (Madison County and Hamilton County) probably the only two.
-------------
While I would disagree with going to home sites for football, one of the things they should do is petition to allow to play on Sunday afternoons. No game should ever be played on a Thursday night. 
There are 451 teams playing football (not in 1A) for 2019-2020 seasons.
They should have shrunk down to 6 classifications of 4 classes of 96, 1 class of 67, and 1 class for Rural.
6 Classes
6A-3A 16 districts (6 teams per districts)
2A-1A 4 regions
State Championships would be Friday, 3 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday (after 1 pm)
 

 

If FL had gyms like in Indiana then a state title could be held there but it makes no sense with how small gyms are in FL

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...something else to consider.  It can be a nice boost to a local economy to host a big playoff game(s).  In 1984, Pensacola hosted 2 title games..in 1985, Bradenton hosed 2 games...in 1986, Pinellas County hosted 2 games. Even if visitors to those games ate 1 meal in town, that could be a pretty big deal to the restaurant owners..not to mention some hotel owners if some folks stayed overnight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

...something else to consider.  It can be a nice boost to a local economy to host a big playoff game(s).  In 1984, Pensacola hosted 2 title games..in 1985, Bradenton hosed 2 games...in 1986, Pinellas County hosted 2 games. Even if visitors to those games ate 1 meal in town, that could be a pretty big deal to the restaurant owners..not to mention some hotel owners if some folks stayed overnight.

I would argue that it wouldn't change much, our complaint is that people don't show up anymore (even with somewhat central locations like Orlando/Lakeland). I would be willing to take a bet that more Miami Central fans are taking the trip to Orlando than to Pensacola. A few hundred fans ain't change the bottom line of these restaurants. Now, hotels might be a different story, but it is marginal at best.

 

Remember most of the fans would be locals/home team not visitors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

I would argue that it wouldn't change much, our complaint is that people don't show up anymore (even with somewhat central locations like Orlando/Lakeland). I would be willing to take a bet that more Miami Central fans are taking the trip to Orlando than to Pensacola. A few hundred fans ain't change the bottom line of these restaurants. Now, hotels might be a different story, but it is marginal at best.

 

Remember most of the fans would be locals/home team not visitors. 

Let’s take Dillard vs Crestview for example if Dillard basketball gym holds over 8,000 easily. I know for a fact our side would have been filled which is seated for 4,000.

but I believe Crestview would have traveled well as well. I’m not sure exactly where there located but I know it would have been a great showing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

...something else to consider.  It can be a nice boost to a local economy to host a big playoff game(s).  In 1984, Pensacola hosted 2 title games..in 1985, Bradenton hosed 2 games...in 1986, Pinellas County hosted 2 games. Even if visitors to those games ate 1 meal in town, that could be a pretty big deal to the restaurant owners..not to mention some hotel owners if some folks stayed overnight.

I made the drive to Pensacola from Bradenton in 1984 to watch the Southrisge vs Woodham game, as I recall there was a good representation of Southridge fans at the game.(The game was played on a Saturday at noon and the 3A that evening with then Soph Emmett Smith Escambia HS met St Pete HS ) The stands were filled regardless......Something in my memory tells me that Southridge may have flown to the game? 

The 1985 games were both played on Friday night, and Woodham and well as Escambia had several hundred fans at both games, stadiums at both Manatee and Southeast were filled to capacity. I went to both games that evening because Manatee had taken firm control of the game against Woodham, so I left at halftime to see most of the 2nd half of the Southeast versus Escambia game, primarily because I wanted to see Emmett play. 

Sat with the Lakeland folk at Dunedin for the 1986 Friday night title game, and obviously because of the proximity of the schools it was standing room only

I believe the football Championship games should be played on campus for football, alternating between south and north regions from year to year. They could very easily play these games on Saturday to accommodate the extreme examples of travel that Florida has. You just cant beat however the feeling of a packed stadium, in a local community and while I never played in conditions like that...... I can only imagine what its like to play in a packed stadium! I've made trips to Miami to Pensecola to watch Championships games, as well as seeing the game at Hawkins Stadium......and from a this fans perspective it was always a euphoric experience when played on campus home and away!!!

Basketball is a whole different story, as most HS gyms couldn't even begin to reasonably accommodate the kind of attendance you'd generate for a state championship game. Manatee's basketball team my freshman year went 32-0 before losing at the semi-final game which was played at a host site in Orlando as I recall in 1976.  Manatee never played outside the Tampa Bay area, before advancing to the final 4 games in Orlando that year. I went to the regional final game in Tampa against Jefferson HS I think and I want to say it was played at one of the community college's in Tampa.....I cant remember which one exactly. But I just wanted to point out the concept of playing the finals at a host site isn't a new one at least for Basketball anyways........I think the thing that was different back then, was that travel prior to the finals for most teams wasn't a big deal as regions were geographically confined within a limited area.......so the only real travel would have been the finals

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FL_HS_football said:

I made the drive to Pensacola from Bradenton in 1984 to watch the Southrisge vs Woodham game, as I recall there was a good representation of Southridge fans at the game.(The game was played on a Saturday at noon and the 3A that evening with then Soph Emmett Smith Escambia HS met St Pete HS ) The stands were filled regardless......Something in my memory tells me that Southridge may have flown to the game? 

The 1985 games were both played on Friday night, and Woodham and well as Escambia had several hundred fans at both games, stadiums at both Manatee and Southeast were filled to capacity. I went to both games that evening because Manatee had taken firm control of the game against Woodham, so I left at halftime to see most of the 2nd half of the Southeast versus Escambia game, primarily because I wanted to see Emmett play. 

Sat with the Lakeland folk at Dunedin for the 1986 Friday night title game, and obviously because of the proximity of the schools it was standing room only

I believe the football Championship games should be played on campus for football, alternating between south and north regions from year to year. They could very easily play these games on Saturday to accommodate the extreme examples of travel that Florida has. You just cant beat however the feeling of a packed stadium, in a local community and while I never played in conditions like that...... I can only imagine what its like to play in a packed stadium! I've made trips to Miami to Pensecola to watch Championships games, as well as seeing the game at Hawkins Stadium......and from a this fans perspective it was always euphoric experience when played on campus home and away!!!

Basketball is a whole different story, as most HS gyms couldn't even begin to reasonably accommodate the kind of attendance you'd generate for a state championship game. Manatee's basketball team my freshman year went 32-0 before losing at the semi-final game which was played at a host site in Orlando as I recall in 1976.  Manatee never played outside the Tampa Bay area, before advancing to the final 4 games in Orlando that year. I went to the regional final game in Tampa against Jefferson HS I think and I want to say it was played at one of the community college's in Tampa.....I cant remember which one exactly. But I just wanted to point out the concept of playing the finals at a host site isn't a new one at least for Basketball anyways........I think the thing that was different back then, was that travel prior to the finals for most teams wasn't a big deal as regions were geographically confined within a limited area.......so the only real travel would have been the finals

 

Very insightful stuff bro 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Let’s take Dillard vs Crestview for example if Dillard basketball gym holds over 8,000 easily. I know for a fact our side would have been filled which is seated for 4,000.

but I believe Crestview would have traveled well as well. I’m not sure exactly where there located but I know it would have been a great showing


Dillard Gym (click on picture in story, go to 3rd picture to give you an idea oh how I got my numbers.)

What I think is happening is that you are looking at gyms through Dillard colored glasses. What I can see probably about 15 across, 25 rows, 4 sections puts that section at about 1,500 plus some extra for the side sections if the other side is similar you are talking 3,000. Which would be great for a basketball game. Don't get me wrong.

Now, compare this to a school like Boyd Anderson a school that is only 12 minutes away from Dillard.

 

Or this video of PK Yonge 
 

 

Or this video from Buchholz High School (the gyms at Eastside, Gainesville, Buchholz, Santa Fe) are all the same size.


This is why I don't think you could do the home games for state finals (in basketball anyway).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gatorman-uf said:


$

What I think is happening is that you are looking at gyms through Dillard colored glasses. What I can see probably about 15 across, 25 rows, 4 sections puts that section at about 1,500 plus some extra for the side sections if the other side is similar you are talking 3,000. Which would be great for a basketball game. Don't get me wrong.

Now, compare this to a school like Boyd Anderson a school that is only 12 minutes away from Dillard.

 

Or this video of PK Yonge 
 

 

Or this video from Buchholz High School (the gyms at Eastside, Gainesville, Buchholz, Santa Fe) are all the same size.


This is why I don't think you could do the home games for state finals (in basketball anyway).

I don't think there is any sport that has the size across the entire state to allow it and I don't think it's possible to only allow a few schools that ability and not others

 

Sure there is a few stadiums or gyms or fields that can hold it but none consistently across the board for the entire state

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:


Dillard Gym (click on picture in story, go to 3rd picture to give you an idea oh how I got my numbers.)

What I think is happening is that you are looking at gyms through Dillard colored glasses. What I can see probably about 15 across, 25 rows, 4 sections puts that section at about 1,500 plus some extra for the side sections if the other side is similar you are talking 3,000. Which would be great for a basketball game. Don't get me wrong.

Now, compare this to a school like Boyd Anderson a school that is only 12 minutes away from Dillard.

 

Or this video of PK Yonge 
 

 

Or this video from Buchholz High School (the gyms at Eastside, Gainesville, Buchholz, Santa Fe) are all the same size.


This is why I don't think you could do the home games for state finals (in basketball anyway).

Omg basketball gyms are really this small smh in the rest of this state

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 2:34 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

National rankings and record 

Sincere question to anyone who knows the answer:  how are "national rankings" determined for high school sports like football and basketball?  Is it all done by computers?  Algorithms? Do sports writers still vote?   If done by computers, how can anyone possibly do a "pre-season" (or even an 'early season') ranking?   Do teams start out a new season where they ended up the previous season? 

When all is said and done, I guess the question I would want answered the most is whether there is any subjectivity whatsoever in the national rankings, whether it be by MaxPreps or anyone else. 

Last point (for now), it is generally known that in college and pro football, the "home field advantage" is worth three points.   I'd be willing to bet (see what I did there) that the home court advantage in high school basketball is higher . . . perhaps five or more points.  If the goal is determine who the best team is, why would you play the game where one team starts out the game with five more points than the other team just to attract a larger crowd?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I were made ruler of high school sports I would not have the championship at a central site. All we have accomplished is having two visiting crowds. It has proven to be a financial loser and in our situation it does not sell the sport of football. We have made it where young kids are not being taken to these games. For most in the state they are simply too far away. Attending one of these games with 10k plus in the stands can be a life changing event for a ten year old boy, imho. Sure it is not fair to alternate every year, but no other method is any better. Rankings are fun but there purpose is to spark interest not decide home field advantage. I think you would have teams decide to play at some other local venue if the schools facilities  were not adequate to host the event.

There have been those in this thread that cite the NBA and NFL models are we really that dumb. They have to manage around thirty teams that all have immense  resources. The teams are the ultimate all star teams. Made up of freaks of nature. That is not HS sports. We losing the sense of community and are blindly walking down the road to the demise of something I love. 

I know that most say there is nothing that can be done, but for the sport Fix The Transfer Issue. The assembly of all star teams and allowing them to compete against HS teams is making sports at much of the state irrelevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Phfootball9 said:

If I were made ruler of high school sports I would not have the championship at a central site. All we have accomplished is having two visiting crowds. It has proven to be a financial loser and in our situation it does not sell the sport of football. We have made it where young kids are not being taken to these games. For most in the state they are simply too far away. Attending one of these games with 10k plus in the stands can be a life changing event for a ten year old boy, imho. Sure it is not fair to alternate every year, but no other method is any better. Rankings are fun but there purpose is to spark interest not decide home field advantage. I think you would have teams decide to play at some other local venue if the schools facilities  were not adequate to host the event.

There have been those in this thread that cite the NBA and NFL models are we really that dumb. They have to manage around thirty teams that all have immense  resources. The teams are the ultimate all star teams. Made up of freaks of nature. That is not HS sports. We losing the sense of community and are blindly walking down the road to the demise of something I love. 

I know that most say there is nothing that can be done, but for the sport Fix The Transfer Issue. The assembly of all star teams and allowing them to compete against HS teams is making sports at much of the state irrelevant.

Why the freak not? It was clearly ok enough of a idea for passing that exact rule (minus the final 4 events) for the other team sports where rankings not only determine who hosts and what seed there will be for district tournament but also who hosts regional games

 

If it's good enough to be used for every other team sport than I don't see why it can't be applied to football successfully

 

Just like football should go to 7 classes like every other team sport will be doing next school year

........

 

Explain how having a official playoff seeding causes the loss of a sense of community??

 

A lot of states have managed to actually do seeding with no serious issues so I don't see how FL can't do it

 

......

You mean the transfer issue that has been a problem for decades?

 

People have this misconception that the recent rule changes caused transfers to suddenly be out of control but it's been this way for a long time especially in large metro cities like Miami, Jacksonville, ect.

 

Is it a problem? Yes 

 

It's a issue just like slowly decaying fan support, community involvement, injuries like concussions, year round play, ect.

 

Football has a ton of issues hurting the sport but one thing for sure, transfers have been happening for decades and these new rules didn't allow anything that wasn't already happening, it only made it a lot easier to do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Why the freak not? It was clearly ok enough of a idea for passing that exact rule (minus the final 4 events) for the other team sports where rankings not only determine who hosts and what seed there will be for district tournament but also who hosts regional games

 

If it's good enough to be used for every other team sport than I don't see why it can't be applied to football successfully

 

Just like football should go to 7 classes like every other team sport will be doing next school year

........

 

Explain how having a official playoff seeding causes the loss of a sense of community??

 

A lot of states have managed to actually do seeding with no serious issues so I don't see how FL can't do it

 

......

You mean the transfer issue that has been a problem for decades?

 

People have this misconception that the recent rule changes caused transfers to suddenly be out of control but it's been this way for a long time especially in large metro cities like Miami, Jacksonville, ect.

 

Is it a problem? Yes 

 

It's a issue just like slowly decaying fan support, community involvement, injuries like concussions, year round play, ect.

 

Football has a ton of issues hurting the sport but one thing for sure, transfers have been happening for decades and these new rules didn't allow anything that wasn't already happening, it only made it a lot easier to do

I would rather use maxpreps than the stupid point system we have had the last two years.  Also this new RPI no results from previous years have been given.  I'm afraid it will also suck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you like to say shutup!!! You view of the world is how we got here. Which ironically hurts your own interests. If you think the transfer situation has not changed you my friend are dumber than a box of rocks. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, badbird said:

I would rather use maxpreps than the stupid point system we have had the last two years.  Also this new RPI no results from previous years have been given.  I'm afraid it will also suck

Well in every sport except football you getting your wish because that's exactly what they doing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, badbird said:

I would rather use maxpreps than the stupid point system we have had the last two years.  Also this new RPI no results from previous years have been given.  I'm afraid it will also suck

I think someone actually looked at the results and decided not to share them. I wonder why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Phfootball9 said:

As you like to say shutup!!! You view of the world is how we got here. Which ironically hurts your own interests. If you think the transfer situation has not changed you my friend are dumber than a box of rocks. 

 

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

 

And I didn't say it hasn't changed, I said the transfers were still happening long before the new rules and the new rules only made it easier

 

Maybe you should actually read it through instead of just assuming I'm some damn moron 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×