Trinity Catholic 2019 Season

Proseteye

It's a little early but thought I would make some inquiries anyway. The Celtics started the 2018 season on a winning note and I thought they were going to continue winning and possibly get into the playoffs although I still didn't feel that they were ready to present any significant challenge in 3A. They had just gotten a new HC for the 2018 season and the 3rd HC in 5 years. As such, it looks as though things may be favorable for the team in 2019. They will be a Senior Laden team with more than 90% of the team being Srs and Jrs. They have what looks like a pretty good Jr QB Dominic Brinser, who had some playing time behind the starting QB in 2018. He has good size at 6'2" and 195. From his videos looks like he has good presence behind the line and is able to adjust on the fly. He will have 5 Sr WRs to throw to. Of course HC Andrew Thomas, did some great things at Trenton and with one season under his belt at Trinity should be able to get this previous championship team on the right path forward and maybe make some noise in 3A. That is what I am hoping, of course. :unsure:

• 2 months later...

Trinity Catholic Also got Big time offensive lineman Miller Lewis in for next season via transfer from vanguard. Kid is massive with his share of Big D1 offers as well. Andrew Thomas is building up the foundation over there and should have the Celtics back up at an elite level very soon

On 5/23/2019 at 12:53 AM, Steve said:

Trinity Catholic Also got Big time offensive lineman Miller Lewis in for next season via transfer from vanguard. Kid is massive with his share of Big D1 offers as well. Andrew Thomas is building up the foundation over there and should have the Celtics back up at an elite level very soon

According to Coach he is looking at some good talent joining the team over the summer as I believe registration does not pick up until that time. Roster only at 31 now. Possibly 45 or more by KOC. The Celtics seem to have a so so schedule. Not too hard and not too easy. So, I'm thinking they will be able to make the playoffs this season. I think that the KOC at Dixie will be a good measuring stick as to how the Celtics will do.

5 hours ago, Proseteye said:

According to Coach he is looking at some good talent joining the team over the summer as I believe registration does not pick up until that time. Roster only at 31 now. Possibly 45 or more by KOC. The Celtics seem to have a so so schedule. Not too hard and not too easy. So, I'm thinking they will be able to make the playoffs this season. I think that the KOC at Dixie will be a good measuring stick as to how the Celtics will do.

How would a coach at a private school know that "good talent [is] joining the team over the summer" if the kids haven't registered yet?  :rolleyes:

On 5/23/2019 at 12:53 AM, Steve said:

Is vanguard supposed to be good this year?

6 hours ago, Perspective said:

How would a coach at a private school know that "good talent [is] joining the team over the summer" if the kids haven't registered yet?  :rolleyes:

Well, let's see. He's an experienced coach and he probably knows that teams always get more players over the summer and  it's just a matter of mathematics. More students registering more players on the team. Looking at some good talent is more of a hope than an affirmation. But, then again you're trying to insinuate an ulterior motive aren't you now? If that were the case why did the Celtics go 5-5 last season? ;)

28 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Well, let's see. He's an experienced coach and he probably knows that teams always get more players over the summer and  it's just a matter of mathematics. More students registering more players on the team. Looking at some good talent is more of a hope than an affirmation. But, then again you're trying to insinuate an ulterior motive aren't you now? If that were the case why did the Celtics go 5-5 last season? ;)

Ok, let's get a couple of things straight.  

First, I have no idea why the team went 5-5 last year.  Unless I look it up on MaxPreps, I seriously doubt I could name a single one of their opponents from last season or this season.  

Second, I'm not trying to insinuate anything, much less an ulterior motive.  I was simply asking a question based on my understanding that high school football coaches (or any 'representatives of a school’s athletic interests' for that matter) are prohibited from talking with prospective students about playing football until the students are registered -- regardless of whether the school is public or private.  

If you had said something along the lines of "based on prior years, 10-15 new kids will show up over the summer and be playing on the football team by the time of the KOC," I wouldn't have said a word.  Or, if you had said something along the lines of "Rumor has it that 10-15 new kids will be joining the team over the summer," again, I wouldn't have asked the question that I did.   But, when you start your post out with "According to coach," and then follow it with "he's looking at some good talent joining the team," well, that doesn't leave much to the imagination, now does it?  I'll just assume that the coach is very optimistic and was just doing some out-loud, wishful thinking. 

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Is vanguard supposed to be good this year?

From what I have been hearing Vanguard is pretty loaded up and should have another deep run in them this year. Finally got a true QB this year in rising Sophomore to be Steve Curry. Trevonte Rucker and Leonard Manuel out at WR should make for big numbers for Curry this year and a stable of RBs. Fleming Island transfer Dewayne McBride should have a big year back their and the defense was very young last year so they're still pretty much intact 

13 hours ago, Proseteye said:

I plan on coming out to check out the Celtics a few times this year. Specifically the game against North Florida Christian on September 20th since that is Vanguard's bye week

On 5/24/2019 at 4:52 PM, Steve said:

I plan on coming out to check out the Celtics a few times this year. Specifically the game against North Florida Christian on September 20th since that is Vanguard's bye week

I'm also a big Vanguard fan and have been out to their games on Celtic bye weeks and also when the Celtics are playing a team that  will not be as competitive as the others. Since Farmer took over the Knights have become some what of a powerhouse in Florida HS football. Moving to 5A from 6A should make them even more prolific. Wish the Celtics would start playing Vanguard again like in the past.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Celtic QB Dominac Brinser transferred to North Marion? He was on the Celtic's roster in early May and now he is on the North Marion roster. I thought he was being primed as the starting QB for Trinity this season and he looks good in his Hudl videos. :unsure:

On 6/16/2019 at 1:11 PM, PickSix said:

Isn't HC Andrew Thomas from Dixie County? DC's HC just left for a Georgia job, any chance he would go back home?

Andrew Thomas has been HC of Trinity Catholic in Ocala since the beginning of the 2018 season. Prior to that he was HC of Trenton for  5 years. Seasons 2016 and 2017 he was HC of T.R. Miller HS in Alabama before transferring to Trinity Catholic.

7 hours ago, Proseteye said:

Andrew Thomas has been HC of Trinity Catholic in Ocala since the beginning of the 2018 season. Prior to that he was HC of Dixie County for I 5 years. Seasons 2016 and 2017 he was HC of T.R. Miller HS in Alabama before transferring to Trinity Catholic.

Andrew Thomas was the Dixie County offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator under longtime Dixie County and now retired head coach Brent Wilkerson from 2001 to 2010 before taking over at Trenton in 2011 and winning state titles in 2013 and 2015 while compiling a impressive record of 60-5 over his 5 years at the school

8 hours ago, Steve said:

Andrew Thomas was the Dixie County offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator under longtime Dixie County and now retired head coach Brent Wilkerson from 2001 to 2010 before taking over at Trenton in 2011 and winning state titles in 2013 and 2015 while compiling a impressive record of 60-5 over his 5 years at the school

Actually I meant HC of Trenton not Dixie County. Sorry. My mistake.

• 1 month later...

According to Coach Thomas QB Brinser is still on the Celtic's roster and had never been on the North Marion roster. Maxpreps apparently had the wrong information in Trinity's Football Home on that site. I'm breathing a sigh of relief as Brinser is the starting QB for the 2019 season and is a pretty good one. Don't believe there is a viable backup QB on the roster as of yet. :mellow:

On 6/17/2019 at 9:04 AM, Steve said:

That 2015 Trenton team was one of the best coached teams I’ve seen in a long time. Good talent of course but I saw a disciplined, well oiled machine that hit dudes in the mouth and ran all over people.