State Championship Videos

gatorman-uf

8 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

At some point, I swear you could watch old state championships games on the FHSAA (and sometimes YouTube). Does the FHSAA not keep the historic videos around anymore? Anybody know where I could start, I tried looking at the NFHSNetwork and didn't see anything.

@gwdrum75 has a collection of a lot of state championship games either through nfhs network or on YouTube

He may be a good person to ask, plus he did at one point have a game film thread on here which I later converted to a Google doc 

I can send it to you if you interested

You would have to scroll to bottom for the state championships and idk if I added in this year games yet but there a pretty good list on there

17 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

At some point, I swear you could watch old state championships games on the FHSAA (and sometimes YouTube). Does the FHSAA not keep the historic videos around anymore? Anybody know where I could start, I tried looking at the NFHSNetwork and didn't see anything.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sk2nDX_vXaiLyWWinRUQCMGwZ_K2bKq5EKaStG7DGsU/edit?usp=drivesdk

It includes all 8 championships from this year and a lot more

I found one of the videos I was looking for on NFHS, but I am having trouble being able to search for old state championships beyond the one that I already had saved. Grrr....

I went to the state championships my sophomore and junior years as we were in the state championship. My school recently was in the state championship as well. One of the things that I noticed differently in the video that I watched (that I did not notice when I went to the game) was that the stands directly behind the player benches were gone. Basically, you had to sit really high up and were very disconnected to the game. 

One of the reasons why the FHSAA needs to rethink how the Lakeland Center is set-up. 

1 hour ago, gatorman-uf said:

I found one of the videos I was looking for on NFHS, but I am having trouble being able to search for old state championships beyond the one that I already had saved. Grrr....

I went to the state championships my sophomore and junior years as we were in the state championship. My school recently was in the state championship as well. One of the things that I noticed differently in the video that I watched (that I did not notice when I went to the game) was that the stands directly behind the player benches were gone. Basically, you had to sit really high up and were very disconnected to the game. 

One of the reasons why the FHSAA needs to rethink how the Lakeland Center is set-up. 

What games you looking for?

2 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Thank you, I was looking for the Suwannee video (I thought it was the Key West game, but I guess it was the Hardee game), but I was also looking for some basketball state championships from the 90s/early 2000s.

Suwannee used to be something else back in those late 80s

I wonder how they would do against current Columbia, it would be a fun matchup honestly 

Unfortunately I'm not aware of anyone who has historical basketball games but I'll keep a eye out 

Just now, gatorman-uf said:

I think during that 4 year run for Suwannee, Columbia still won 2 or 3 of them, just to give you an idea of how lopsided the rivalry has been even when Suwannee was good. (I am sure you can check CHS's record)

31-23 Columbia

42-22 Suwannee

31-0 Columbia

13-7 Columbia

3-1 is correct but 2 of games decided by td or less

If the games now were that close the rivalry wouldn't be on hiatus