Vero Beach schedule so far

Floridatech

55 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

5/22 Dwyer and Boca(Away)

Wk 1 AHD(Home)

Wk 3 Venice(Home)

Wk 10 Viera(Home)

So far, this is some pretty good opposition right now, I'm ready for rest of the schedule to be released.....

This is exactly what a team needs to go deep in the playoffs. Good opposition. Pretty good looking schedule so far. Venice and Viera are gonna be tough this year.

2 hours ago, Floridatech said:

5/22 Dwyer and Boca(Away)

Wk 1 AHD(Home)

Wk 3 Venice(Home)

Wk 10 Viera(Home)

So far, this is some pretty good opposition right now, I'm ready for rest of the schedule to be released.....

They’re playing Centennial on 9/27, Cen-10’s full schedule is out on MaxPreps, see below:

8/167:00p @ Astronaut Preview Game
8/237:00p Westwood Preview Game
8/307:00p @ Viera Preview Game
9/67:00p Apopka Preview Game
9/137:00p Lake Placid Preview Game
9/197:00p Sebastian River Preview Game
9/277:00p @ Vero Beach Preview Game
red-play.svg
10/47:00p @ Lakeland Preview Game
10/117:00p @ Central Preview Game
10/257:00p Treasure Coast Preview Game
11/17:00p @ Port St. Lucie Preview Game
  • If you have corrections for the CHS football schedule please contact support.

EAGLES SPORTSWEAR

official-icon.png
CENTENNIAL 
EAGLES FOOTBALL 
CUSTOM PRODUCTS
Visit Store

54 minutes ago, SFL SPY said:

Chaminade @ Vero Beach 10/18

Vero Beach is a good program , but they won't be able to compete with what Chaminade is bringing in 2019. This will be the Lions best and most complete team in the Jones era. I respect the Indians for scheduling the game though it will help them in the long run, but this will end up similar to Chaminade vs Uschool from last year. 

Just now, SPCjessica2004 said:

Vero Beach is a good program , but they won't be able to compete with what Chaminade is bringing in 2019. This will be the Lions best and most complete team in the Jones era. I respect the Indians for scheduling the game though it will help them in the long run, but this will end up similar to Chaminade vs Uschool from last year. 

Vero can beat anyone at the citrus bowl Anyone

5 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

Okaaay we'll see you back at this post on 10/19 no one has beaten Vero at home since a loaded FPC team in 2012 and they BARELY won 

You might be pointing the finger at  me to show back up on this thread on 10/20, but there's 3 fingers pointing back at you. 

Vero is a good team, be proud of their accomplishments, enjoy their success and I appreciate your passion but unless Chaminade is banged up I'll go ahead and pen this one in for a Chaminade win. 

12 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

Okaaay we'll see you back at this post on 10/19 no one has beaten Vero at home since a loaded FPC team in 2012 and they BARELY won 

Chaminade should be loaded again but (at times) they struggle with well-coached teams.

What does Vero Beach have talent-wise this season?

8 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

You might be pointing the finger at  me to show back up on this thread on 10/20, but there's 3 fingers pointing back at you. 

Vero is a good team, be proud of their accomplishments, enjoy their success and I appreciate your passion but unless Chaminade is banged up I'll go ahead and pen this one in for a Chaminade win. 

There's a will there's a way 

2 minutes ago, SFL SPY said:

Chaminade should be loaded again but (at times) they struggle with well-coached teams.

Defense is stacked and they probably got transfers from neighboring schools I don't think Vero will schedule a team that's too much for them and it's hard to beat em at home

16 minutes ago, SFL SPY said:

This is a actually a good and reasonable point Spy.  I would say the Chaminade offense at times can struggle against well coached athletic defenses, but their defense typically saves the day.  I do believe the Chaminade offense in 2019 could be a work in progress the first few weeks, but the defense will likely be even better than  the 2018 defense. 

The biggest difference between the 2018 and 2019 Chaminade teams will be in the trenches. I think they are finally 3 deep along both lines in 2019 and should field a varsity roster of 58 a big improvement over last year's 44.

50 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

You tellin me Columbia is one of Florida's elite teams???

Our resume of wins since the 90s alone says so

There ain't many teams in North Florida with better resumes 

That however has nothing to do with Vero Beach home "dominance"

Btw I left offer on table for home and home and Vero never made the call, you all could have proven your better but I guess you all didn't want to risk us sweeping Vero Beach in a home and home series like the last time the 2 schools did that during the early 90s

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Our resume of wins since the 90s alone says so

There ain't many teams in North Florida with better resumes 

That however has nothing to do with Vero Beach home "dominance"

Btw I left offer on table for home and home and Vero never made the call, you all could have proven your better but I guess you all didn't want to risk us sweeping Vero Beach in a home and home series like the last time the 2 schools did that during the early 90s

Your first quote was funny about Vero Beach never losing in the Citrus Bowl until you actually look at Vero's home record in the playoffs at the Citrus Bowl. Since 1990 season, Vero has gone 26-8 at home during the playoffs. They have made the playoffs 26 times since 1990 so that means most of their seasons do end on the road and not at home. 

As for calling Columbia "Elite" that is far from accurate. No state championships since 1967, only one state championship game since 1967, only twice in the state semis (besides 1997). For an "elite" team they always seem to lose to some up and coming team, Bartram, Lee, Viera, Navarre, and the list goes on.

Are they a top 30 consistently, absolutely. Are they a top 5 statewide team that can match up against the top teams nationwide every single year? No, they aren't. That isn't bring down Columbia, it just is an honest observation. The team has struggled to consistently beat Madison County in football (a public school that can't get the transfers the way the Urban schools can that is at most 750 students). An elite program shouldn't struggle in that way. Again, Columbia is a top ranked team, but elite has to mean something more than just being good. It has to mean being the best. 

Finally, stop pretending you have the power to make a home and home with any team happen. You aren't the coach, you aren't the AD, you aren't the principal. You might have suggest those things to coaches/ADs/principals, but that doesn't mean you have the power. 

16 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Your first quote was funny about Vero Beach never losing in the Citrus Bowl until you actually look at Vero's home record in the playoffs at the Citrus Bowl. Since 1990 season, Vero has gone 26-8 at home during the playoffs. They have made the playoffs 26 times since 1990 so that means most of their seasons do end on the road and not at home. 

As for calling Columbia "Elite" that is far from accurate. No state championships since 1967, only one state championship game since 1967, only twice in the state semis (besides 1997). For an "elite" team they always seem to lose to some up and coming team, Bartram, Lee, Viera, Navarre, and the list goes on.

Are they a top 30 consistently, absolutely. Are they a top 5 statewide team that can match up against the top teams nationwide every single year? No, they aren't. That isn't bring down Columbia, it just is an honest observation. The team has struggled to consistently beat Madison County in football (a public school that can't get the transfers the way the Urban schools can that is at most 750 students). An elite program shouldn't struggle in that way. Again, Columbia is a top ranked team, but elite has to mean something more than just being good. It has to mean being the best. 

Finally, stop pretending you have the power to make a home and home with any team happen. You aren't the coach, you aren't the AD, you aren't the principal. You might have suggest those things to coaches/ADs/principals, but that doesn't mean you have the power. 

If we aren't elite than perhaps the only truly elite team in the region is Trinity Christian

In terms of teams in the area than yes Columbia is elite because very few teams have been able to consistently stay at the top of the list of area teams and beat the teams we have 

I view Columbia as being similar to St Augustine as neither have a huge history of titles (1 title each)  but no public school in Northeast FL has been as consistently good as either of them

Only public in Duval with success that compares to these 2 would be Raines

Only privates would be Trinity and Bolles (UC as well but they have faced weak competition and usually get beat badily by the larger top schools in the area)

I guess you could say mainland as well if you feel Daytona is Northeast FL and Madison out to West as a consistent 1a school but in terms of this area who else really can come close to being considered elite

It's easy to be elite in somewhere like South Florida where talent pool is so deep but in terms of North FL it is few and far between

Also while I can't make games happen I was aware of what Columbia was looking for in games and I knew that Vero could secure a game with Columbia if they made the offer I pointed out on here since I spoke to people at Columbia and found out what they were looking for in their games and passed that info along to others looking for games 

Don't believe me just ask @nolebull813

Whether you believe it or not I'm not just some fool who knows nothing like some people here try to imply