Bolles has a new head coach

Jags904

not exactly. first you have to get accepted to go to Bolles (which in sure that'll be no problem). I think the program will be back on top well at least in the North region. they Should make state based on probably the hardest team they face in the playoff will be West Nassau now that Raines moved up to 5a. Now Bolles winning state will be the question. Having to face a Cocoa, University, Booker T, or now Carol City ( just moved from 6a to 4a) will be too much to handle for Bolles. Bolles doesn't have the athletes to compete.

14 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I guess that will be something to watch in off-season

14 hours ago, Jags904 said:

I have no idea but they are a similar type of kid. Upper class. 

not exactly. first you have to get accepted to go to Bolles (which in sure that'll be no problem). I think the program will be back on top well at least in the North region. they Should make state based on probably the hardest team they face in the playoff will be West Nassau now that Raines moved up to 5a. Now Bolles winning state will be the question. Having to face a Cocoa, University, Booker T, or now Carol City ( just moved from 6a to 4a) will be too much to handle for Bolles. Bolles doesn't have the athletes to compete.

1 minute ago, joeycash2004 said:

Bolles finds a way to get the kids in. I don't think Bolles has the allure that it once did. Bolles has always been a place for the wealthy white of Jacksonville to attend who were afraid to send their kids to Duval public schools. The emergence of Stanton, Paxon, and Wolfson as IB schools with strong academics. Additionally, in the last 20 years, schools in northern St. Johns County (Creekside, Ponte Vedra, Bartram Trail, Nease) are increasingly strong academic schools within wealthy neighborhoods with strong athletics. 

The upper middle class of Jacksonville have started moving to northern St. Johns and take advantage of the public schools than stay in Jacksonville and pay Bolles tuition.  There will always be those willing to send their children to Bolles for the status of going to Bolles, but long term, I think the days of Bolles being a dominant state-wide football program are over. They will still be good enough to play to the regional finals every year, but I don't think we will see them going to the state championship every other year like it seemed to be in the 90s and early 2000s 

7 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Bolles finds a way to get the kids in. I don't think Bolles has the allure that it once did. Bolles has always been a place for the wealthy white of Jacksonville to attend who were afraid to send their kids to Duval public schools. The emergence of Stanton, Paxon, and Wolfson as IB schools with strong academics. Additionally, in the last 20 years, schools in northern St. Johns County (Creekside, Ponte Vedra, Bartram Trail, Nease) are increasingly strong academic schools within wealthy neighborhoods with strong athletics. 

The upper middle class of Jacksonville have started moving to northern St. Johns and take advantage of the public schools than stay in Jacksonville and pay Bolles tuition.  There will always be those willing to send their children to Bolles for the status of going to Bolles, but long term, I think the days of Bolles being a dominant state-wide football program are over. They will still be good enough to play to the regional finals every year, but I don't think we will see them going to the state championship every other year like it seemed to be in the 90s and early 2000s 

True but I see them still going to state because there is no competition in the north region in 4a. If you noticed the last couple of years Raines been having a cake walk to state finals with west Nassau being their toughest game in playoff now Bolles fills that void since Raines moved up so Bolles should be in state title game. Im sure Bolles can get any athlete they want there. but now the schools are Raines, Sandalwood, Mandarin, and Trinity when it comes to top quality talent in the area.

6 minutes ago, joeycash2004 said:

True but I see them still going to state because there is no competition in the north region in 4a. If you noticed the last couple of years Raines been having a cake walk to state finals with west Nassau being their toughest game in playoff now Bolles fills that void since Raines moved up so Bolles should be in state title game. Im sure Bolles can get any athlete they want there. but now the schools are Raines, Sandalwood, Mandarin, and Trinity when it comes to top quality talent in the area.

Who in region 2 of 4a?

1 hour ago, gatorman-uf said:

You are absolutely correct. Add in Fleming Island to that upper middle class category. I do think that as the area continues to change, you will see more families moving back to Jacksonville for a shorter commute. My commute from Fleming Island to the JTB area is over an hour each way. I’m ready to move over that way! 

Here's what I see as a distant, impartial observer:  Someone at Bolles (or a small collection of influential boosters) have made the decision, with the school's blessing, that they want to make a return to their football glory years.  So, they looked around, found the best coach they could find in the area, and threw enough money at him to make the move from Ponte Vedra to Bolles. 

Having made that commitment, Bolles isn't going to start turning away good football players.  If anything, I would suspect the amount of "scholarship" money is going to be increased.  You don't go out and hire a million dollar a year CEO to manage a group of $20K a year employees.   Whether they come in the form of transfers from Ponte Vedra or elsewhere, they will come.  They will come. 

28 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Who in region 2 of 4a?

Astronaut Titusville
Cocoa Cocoa
Cypress Creek (Wesley Chapel) Wesley Chapel
Hudson Hudson
Keystone Heights Keystone Heights
Lake Highland Prep Orlando
Palatka Palatka
South Sumter Bushnell
Space Coast Cocoa
Umatilla Umatilla
Villages

1 hour ago, Jags904 said:

You are absolutely correct. Add in Fleming Island to that upper middle class category. I do think that as the area continues to change, you will see more families moving back to Jacksonville for a shorter commute. My commute from Fleming Island to the JTB area is over an hour each way. I’m ready to move over that way! 

Jacksonville traffic is the weirdest thing to me. Whenever I travel there on 95 or 10, the traffic is usually ok. You get off on JTB or University or Beach and all of a sudden there is just random stops. No rhyme or reason, just 100s of cars in a small area (no accident, no police). 

Orange Park area is even worse though. Everybody rides on the same darn road (Blanding). Yuck, I would sooner drive all the way to Fletcher across Jacksonville rush hour traffic than to ever drive to any of the Clay County schools during rush hour. 

There will always be the balancing act of how far will people be willing to drive vs how "nice" of schools do we insist on. I think for Fleming Island, PV, Nocatee, those adults made those decisions. "I want very nice house, no riff raff, and nice schools even if it means that I have to drive an hour each day." I don't think they are going to change their minds in the short term or at least not enough to cause Bolles to have their admissions office flooded with people willing to pay that cost. 

1 hour ago, gatorman-uf said:

Jacksonville traffic is the weirdest thing to me. Whenever I travel there on 95 or 10, the traffic is usually ok. You get off on JTB or University or Beach and all of a sudden there is just random stops. No rhyme or reason, just 100s of cars in a small area (no accident, no police). 

Orange Park area is even worse though. Everybody rides on the same darn road (Blanding). Yuck, I would sooner drive all the way to Fletcher across Jacksonville rush hour traffic than to ever drive to any of the Clay County schools during rush hour. 

There will always be the balancing act of how far will people be willing to drive vs how "nice" of schools do we insist on. I think for Fleming Island, PV, Nocatee, those adults made those decisions. "I want very nice house, no riff raff, and nice schools even if it means that I have to drive an hour each day." I don't think they are going to change their minds in the short term or at least not enough to cause Bolles to have their admissions office flooded with people willing to pay that cost. 

I have unfortunately made my mess and now have to live in it. My wife works from home so she doesn’t mind and the kids attend a fantastic school (elementary). We may move when the kids get older and have them attend a private school in town. 

My thinking is my younger co-workers (same with my friends) are starting to stay in town more, even with kids. I think the younger generation is valuing their time more and less willing to sit in traffic. I hope this continues and Duval County schools improve as a result. 

56 minutes ago, Jags904 said:

I have unfortunately made my mess and now have to live in it. My wife works from home so she doesn’t mind and the kids attend a fantastic school (elementary). We may move when the kids get older and have them attend a private school in town. 

My thinking is my younger co-workers (same with my friends) are starting to stay in town more, even with kids. I think the younger generation is valuing their time more and less willing to sit in traffic. I hope this continues and Duval County schools improve as a result. 

in mandarin its even worse.