Jax TCA might have a few transfers

JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP

49 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Serious question:  how does an existing high school player "get an offer from IMG?"  WTF?

I have no idea

The kid removed the tweet so I can't send the link to that but I got a screenshot of it before hand

Only problem is it hasn't let me upload the screenshot on here

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

They are gonna need the whole Duval area to compete with the schedule they got. Might be toughest in the state when it’s all done with 

It's already the toughest schedule in FL and could be toughest in nation if they land the last game with who they are rumored to be interested in 

51 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Serious question:  how does an existing high school player "get an offer from IMG?"  WTF?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-7B29YUmDCPMQPiVzKZGbyMTzRue7JFs_rnEKAUejyA/edit?usp=drivesdk

I put the screenshot into a document since it wouldn't let me upload it

30 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-7B29YUmDCPMQPiVzKZGbyMTzRue7JFs_rnEKAUejyA/edit?usp=drivesdk

I put the screenshot into a document since it wouldn't let me upload it

So, the tweet says:  "Blessed to Receive a (sic) invitation To play IMG Academy"  (with four  "ats," including "@IMGA Football). 

I guess I can see why the tweet was removed.   It's basically an admission that IMG recruited the kid.  Hey, I'm not surprised, but it does violate FHSAA rules.  But, I won't hold my breath waiting for FHSAA to drop the hammer on IMG. 

#justturnablindeye

1 minute ago, Perspective said:

So, the tweet says:  "Blessed to Receive a (sic) invitation To play IMG Academy"  (with four  "ats," including "@IMGA Football). 

I guess I can see why the tweet was removed.   It's basically an admission that IMG recruited the kid.  Hey, I'm not surprised, but it does violate FHSAA rules.  But, I won't hold my breath waiting for FHSAA to drop the hammer on IMG. 

#justturnablindeye

IMG can actively recruit. They don't play for a state championship so they don't have to adhere by FHSAA rules. That was my understanding at least. 

40 minutes ago, smashmouth80 said:

IMG can actively recruit. They don't play for a state championship so they don't have to adhere by FHSAA rules. That was my understanding at least. 

Correct

The fhsaa can't do much to IMG and plus the state legislation backs IMG financially which basically leaves fhsaa powerless to do anything to stop IMG

Let's just be happy IMG chose voluntarily to not participate in state sponsored playoffs so at least they not taking away a spot in state finals from a team who follows the normal rules of a regular high school instead of a national training agency like IMG

45 minutes ago, Perspective said:

#justturnablindeye

Not much the fhsaa can really do and with the people in Tallahassee giving IMG millions each year they would likely prevent the fhsaa from having the ability to take any action on IMG even if the fhsaa tried to do so

Guys, I have had this conversation with the folks at FHSAA before.  Unless things have changed within the last couple of years, the fact that IMG does not compete for state championships does not absolve them of their obligation to follow the rules.   If they choose to be FHSAA members (which benefits them in other ways -- mainly in the ability to schedule games against out-of-state opponents), they have to play by the rules.  One of those rules is that they are not allowed to recruit.  If anyone can show me the rule or section of the FHSAA manual that says that a school who opts to not compete for state titles is allowed to actively recruit, I'll back down and stand corrected.  Until then, I'll go on believing that this is yet another example (adidas, Nike, college admissions scandal) where the rich and powerful get to play by a different set of rules than the rest. 

So, this past weekend there was a NFA 7-on-7 tournament at IMG Academy.  This was a regional tournament, so there were kids from throughout the southeast, including multiple teams from Florida (South Florida Express, Pro Impact, Miami Immortals, Muck 7 and Southern Storm among them).    Essentially, these are all-star 7-on-7 squads, so there were a lot of talented athletes on the IMG campus.

I believe (but not 100%) that the kid who sent out the tweet (link in one of the posts above) is a Robert E. Lee DB who played for one of those 7-on-7 teams.  His tweet (about his "invitation" to IMG) came on the Tuesday after he played in the tournament at, where else, IMG. 

So, if you're a high school football coach, how willing are you going to be to let your best players play for an all-star 7-on-7 team knowing that they're going to be playing in tournaments at IMG and could very well get poached by the host school?  Or do you let them play and trust/hope/pray that stick with you? 

Kind of reminds me of that old quote:  "If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they're yours; if they don't they never were."

B)

13 minutes ago, joeycash2004 said:

Because what else is there to talk about.. Lol

Well, I guess I was curious to see if anyone had anything (other than urban legend) to support the proposition that an FHSAA-member team (like IMG) that elects not to compete for state titles is therefore allowed to actively and openly recruit athletes enrolled at other schools.

Also, I was curious how any coaches who contribute to this site feel about "letting" their kids play on all-star 7-on-7 teams who play in tournaments at places like IMG.   

17 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Well, I guess I was curious to see if anyone had anything (other than urban legend) to support the proposition that an FHSAA-member team (like IMG) that elects not to compete for state titles is therefore allowed to actively and openly recruit athletes enrolled at other schools.

Also, I was curious how any coaches who contribute to this site feel about "letting" their kids play on all-star 7-on-7 teams who play in tournaments at places like IMG.   

That's because the fhsaa still has to answer to the state legislation in Tallahassee and the people in Tallahassee are financially backing IMG 

There's really nothing the fhsaa can do since they still have to answer to Tallahassee