Venice regular season predictions 2019

VeniceIndianFan

24 minutes ago, FL_HS_football said:

Who you got transferring in and I'll give you a answer then?

I don’t know much currently. I know that we will have two good upcoming wide receivers named Zach Calhoon and Fox Catarinichia, and obviously Weston Wolff is staying. We have a new running back named Jayshawn, and a new starter on offense named Matt Cochrane (O-lineman.) New starter on Defense, Fred Breyer. Maybe a linebacker named Austin Burt.

2 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Venice’s schedule this year as you already know is one of the toughest in Florida and maybe even the nation.

I have Venice losing 3 games this season- IMG Vero Beach, and St. Frances

Any thoughts on this? Could Venice make it back to state semis with STA for the fourth straight year?

I don’t see Venice losing to Vero this year, Vero is replacing 31 seniors, many of whom were starters. After what happened last season, I doubt Peacock lets his guys look past Vero and they’ll get payback at Vero’s Citrus Bowl. I do think they will lose to IMG and St Francis though. 

Venice goes undefeated 15-0 and wins a state and a national title.  They put a running clock on Vero, hammer St Francis on the road and shock IMG at their place with a running clock.  At the end of the season Braden River coach Curt Bradley turns in Venice for illegal housing of football players.  After a lengthy investigation Venice is forced to forfeit all 15 games and placed on double secret probation by the FHSAA.  The Braden River/Venice saga continues.

43 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I don’t see Venice losing to Vero this year, Vero is replacing 31 seniors, many of whom were starters. After what happened last season, I doubt Peacock lets his guys look past Vero and they’ll get payback at Vero’s Citrus Bowl. I do think they will lose to IMG and St Francis though. 

Anything could happen, but if I were a betting man, I would bet heavily on Vero Beach beating Venice again.

Think of it this way. Venice lost 32 seniors to graduation in 2017. We lost to Vero Beach and then went all the way to the state semis- only to get KO’ed by Saint Thomas Aquinas. I believe that a team can still produce impressive talent after losing so much to graduation. Vero is not an exception. And besides, we have to travel to Vero Beach this time. If we can’t win week 1 at our house, we most certainly will NOT beat Vero Beach week 3 at their house.

6 minutes ago, badbird said:

Venice goes undefeated 15-0 and wins a state and a national title.  They put a running clock on Vero, hammer St Francis on the road and shock IMG at their place with a running clock.  At the end of the season Braden River coach Curt Bradley turns in Venice for illegal housing of football players.  After a lengthy investigation Venice is forced to forfeit all 15 games and placed on double secret probation by the FHSAA.  The Braden River/Venice saga continues.

It sure would be cool if we could beat IMG, St. Francis, and Vero but I’m afraid Venice will finish 0-3 in those games

10 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Anything could happen, but if I were a betting man, I would bet heavily on Vero Beach beating Venice again.

Think of it this way. Venice lost 32 seniors to graduation in 2017. We lost to Vero Beach and then went all the way to the state semis- only to get KO’ed by Saint Thomas Aquinas. I believe that a team can still produce impressive talent after losing so much to graduation. Vero is not an exception. And besides, we have to travel to Vero Beach this time. If we can’t win week 1 at our house, we most certainly will NOT beat Vero Beach week 3 at their house.

Very very hard to beat Vero at home playoffs (an exception I guess)

The JV team didn't win as convincingly as it had in years past, despite its winning record......They had a number of games in fact, that the margin of victory was single digits to go with its double digit loss to Palmetto. The loss of Gregory is huge for the running game and I wasn't overly impressed with Taylor, since he'll be a rising senior. The transfer from Pennsylvania..(cant remember his name?.... that ran the wildcat, as well as Venice's power sets on offense), has a little bit of Carpenter in him......but never got to see him pass the ball much? Is why I asked who's transferring in?  The Vero game I can easily see being just a little over-blown in as far as it really being a marque game.....particularly by the end of the season when the totality of the schedule can be measured.......Dont dismiss Manatee either......Lot of the youth they've played as starters will be a year older, stronger, with additional maturity Manatee didn't have previously......

20 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I don’t know much currently. I know that we will have two good upcoming wide receivers named Zach Calhoon and Fox Catarinichia, and obviously Weston Wolff is staying. We have a new running back named Jayshawn, and a new starter on offense named Matt Cochrane (O-lineman.) New starter on Defense, Fred Breyer. Maybe a linebacker named Austin Burt.

So, who ends up under center this year?  DallaCosta or the Weldon kid from Tampa?

On 4/10/2019 at 1:44 PM, FL_HS_football said:

The JV team didn't win as convincingly as it had in years past, despite its winning record......They had a number of games in fact, that the margin of victory was single digits to go with its double digit loss to Palmetto. The loss of Gregory is huge for the running game and I wasn't overly impressed with Taylor, since he'll be a rising senior. The transfer from Pennsylvania..(cant remember his name?.... that ran the wildcat, as well as Venice's power sets on offense), has a little bit of Carpenter in him......but never got to see him pass the ball much? Is why I asked who's transferring in?  The Vero game I can easily see being just a little over-blown in as far as it really being a marque game.....particularly by the end of the season when the totality of the schedule can be measured.......Dont dismiss Manatee either......Lot of the youth they've played as starters will be a year older, stronger, with additional maturity Manatee didn't have previously......

Nice input...

The guy you’re talking about. I think his name is Nick Giacolone...? I could be wrong.  I think that the Vero game will live up to the hype, especially with it being played at their field this time. Manatee is a joke.

9 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I have a feeling it’s going to look like Braden River vs Venice, very close, hard fought battle. It’ll come down to who wants it more.

Venice and Cocoa are top notch Florida programs that have a great work ethic that is carried over from class to class. To put it simple "the kids fall into place". They both want it just as bad as the other. The outcome of the game will be dictated by which team can limit the big plays. I feel that the cliche of "who wants it more" is overused, especially when it comes to programs like Venice and Cocoa.  Every time I watch Venice, I come away impressed on how well they are coached on the fundamentals and techniques of each position. .Cocoa is well coached as well and will play anyone anywhere no matter the history, size, or location of the team they are playing. Much respect to both teams. Will be a great game.