Freedom Bowl games

Cocoa2010

9 hours ago, Jags904 said:

Why do we even go to this? We are going to go 0-4

I actually communicated with a few individuals this morning in the media who wanted my opinion. I think outside of the game Mainland drew that this is going to be rough for Florida, but the teams going are going more for the experience.

I focus on small school football. Last year Chaminade drew Muscle Shoals a very good but not great Alabama team. This year, the team that replaced Chaminade is CCC, a very good football team in their own right. Instead of drawing another very good team of the quality of Muscle Shoals, they draw a 4 time defending state champion that would smoke Chaminade and probably be favored to beat JaxTCA that early in the season. 

Cocoa is a very good nationally recognized program that has athletes to spare, but they draw Hoover, Alabama.  Cocoa has a history of fielding varsity rosters of 38-45 and sometimes not even that many. They'll draw a team that will field a varsity roster of 80+.

I mentioned in another post, but I think they just went off of the 2018 Maxpreps state and national rankings.

I wish good luck to all the teams in Florida all of them deserve to be invited and represent Florida even if we'll be taking a few on the chin.

Don’t write these FL teams off just yet. 

Brentwood Academy plays in a watered down playoff, and was in a dog fight with an average private Texas team two years ago. Barely won 21-14 and was considered national top 50

UMS won state but it was a small school title, and outside the state top 5, Alabama can be pretty pedestrian. Chaminade was in a dog fight because the coaching is lacking. Western has been trending upwards the last few years. 

Winter Park has came out of nowhere like Wekiva due to the rise in transfers. If they continues then they could hold their own. 

Hoover lost a stud to transfer and isn’t the Hoover of old. Cocoa can surprise them for sure. 

I don’t have high expectations, I just hope to God they can all make it competitive 

9 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

This event took a huge dive when Alpharetta made Milton play them. Before that I believe it was gonna be. 

Milton vs Pick Central 

W Park vs Hoover 

Cocoa vs Brentwood Academy 

CCC vs UMS 

Mainland vs B sycamore 

Western vs Alpharetta 

These matchups would've been perfect and made for a great event.

Having seen film on Brentwood, if they don’t beat CCC, then CCC is gonna beat TCA and Chaminade. Brentwood is fast, talented, and extremely well coached...to the point where I think they’d be the clear #2 in 4A. Think the Bolles teams of old. 

These aren’t the same Cocoa teams of old and Hoover is big, deep, and talented. I expect a 14+ win for Hoover. 

44 minutes ago, Jags904 said:

Having seen film on Brentwood, if they don’t beat CCC, then CCC is gonna beat TCA and Chaminade. Brentwood is fast, talented, and extremely well coached...to the point where I think they’d be the clear #2 in 4A. Think the Bolles teams of old. 

These aren’t the same Cocoa teams of old and Hoover is big, deep, and talented. I expect a 14+ win for Hoover. 

I read somewhere that Brentwood's tuition is 19k per year and they boast of being the top school in Tennessee.  My guess is they have lots of resources for their football team, including a good coaching staff.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 6:18 PM, nolebull813 said:

Don’t write these FL teams off just yet. 

Brentwood Academy plays in a watered down playoff, and was in a dog fight with an average private Texas team two years ago. Barely won 21-14 and was considered national top 50

UMS won state but it was a small school title, and outside the state top 5, Alabama can be pretty pedestrian. Chaminade was in a dog fight because the coaching is lacking. Western has been trending upwards the last few years. 

Winter Park has came out of nowhere like Wekiva due to the rise in transfers. If they continues then they could hold their own. 

Hoover lost a stud to transfer and isn’t the Hoover of old. Cocoa can surprise them for sure. 

I don’t have high expectations, I just hope to God they can all make it competitive 

UMS is probably one of the top teams in the state of Alabama regardless of classification. Defensively, they are as sound as they come and they are a tough offense to defend. They're always good at what they do. 

Hoover will have the best team they've had in 5 years this coming year. Hoover doesn't lose kids, they only get them. I'd imagine they will win by at least 28. Probably more.