• Announcements

• Joshua Wilson

Rules of the Forums   09/02/2017

Please be sure to read the rules of the forums. This is only to help all of us have a good time and we want to keep this board as fun as possible. 
    • SportsNut25

Talking Other Sports   11/08/2017

For those interested in talking about other sports, you can talk about them here. 
JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP

Jax TCA plays Deerfield beach in spring game

6 hours ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

Does anybody know how good Deerfield is ?

Some players returning next season.  

Offense

Derohn King-QB(Sr) 3-star

Bryce Gowdy-WR(Sr) 4-star 

Deajaun McDougle-WR(Sr) 3-star 

Jaylan Knighton-RB(Sr) 4-star 

Deerfield Beach is 1-7 historically in state semi games.  So, if one leans on history as a predictor, there's a good chance they will not make the state final again.  No way I will bet on them again to win state...just like Vero and Columbia...been burned too many times thinking "this is the year.":rolleyes:  But will be happy to applaud any of them when/if they ever make it all the way.

Sorry, had to correct my post above with returning players at Deerfield.  Some serious weapons returning on offense, but Deerfield is losing some key players on defense, including Oregon commits Ge'mon Eaford (LB) and Brandon Dorlus (DE).  They are also losing speedy Utah commit Donte Banton(WR). 

On 4/12/2019 at 7:19 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

Sorry, had to correct my post above with returning players at Deerfield.  Some serious weapons returning on offense, but Deerfield is losing some key players on defense, including Oregon commits Ge'mon Eaford (LB) and Brandon Dorlus (DE).  They are also losing speedy Utah commit Donte Banton(WR). 

"Losing" these kids because they're graduating or because they're transferring from Deerfield to some place else?

42 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Graduating

Thanks.   Still, to have a QB, two receivers and a RB totalling 14 stars is pretty darn impressive.  I'm not sure I can recall ever seeing four 3-star (or better) skill players on the same side of the ball for a high school team.