Controversial Topics

Joshua Wilson

Recently a controversial topic regarding a sensitive topic involving a text message was posted and I didn’t catch on to it until just a little bit ago.

Apparently, you all are seeking to get me in to potential legal trouble by going this direction and something I will not tolerate. If I had a bucket full of money I might let it hang around, but the entire FloridaHSFootball.com operation is pretty much a one-man show and this my livelihood. This is not a hobby and I don’t make no where I should be making for a decent living. I really could be (and should be) charging for these forums to help cover the costs each month to keep the website and forums running (this stuff is not cheap folks!!!!!) but I don’t because I want this to be an open community for the best sport in the best state in the nation!

Point blank, I pour my heart and soul into this not because I have to but because I want to because I believe in this! The lights on this website and forums can easily go dark tomorrow if it had to but that is a direction I do not seek nor do I ever want to seek out or have to take.

I know this may come off brash, but I have no choice but to put my foot down on something this sensitive. Call me a party pooper all you want but I can’t afford to have something be filed against me because you all decided to post something controversial instead messaging me on here or sending me an email to clear it first. Read the rules of the forum for a quick refresher on things. 

Any questions, message me!

If you want to help out the cause with things around here to make sure things keep going and we continue to use this great open community, consider a donation via PayPal. If you want to donate but can’t do PayPal, message me and I will gladly send you the mailing address and company info to make a check out to.

PayPal link: https://www.paypal.me/floridahsfootball

1 hour ago, badbird said:

well if anyone would sue it would be the cheaters at STA.  This is a public message board.  They can't hold you liable for what is said here.  

Unfortunately, in this sue happy world, it is better to err on the side of caution, but still, in a case of something of this magnitude, anyone on here needs to approach me and talk to me about it before just going ahead with it.  

5 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

They might not win in court, but do you really want Josh to have to fight it out. It would cost him more than it is worth.

It would never make it to court. With that said that's my opinion and it is his site so he can run it like he wants.  He has to work with these coaches to get info so I understand his point.  I've been on both sides of it.  However I sure like calling out the cheaters.  STA finally got caught cheating.  Let them squirm about a message board.  

50 minutes ago, badbird said:

It would never make it to court. With that said that's my opinion and it is his site so he can run it like he wants.  He has to work with these coaches to get info so I understand his point.  I've been on both sides of it.  However I sure like calling out the cheaters.  STA finally got caught cheating.  Let them squirm about a message board.  

Of course it wouldn't make it to court, any sensible judge would laugh at the petty nature of a coach or administrator trying to take a owner of a website to court for statements made by a random poster on his message board but the amount of stress from it wouldn't be fair to Josh so the obvious approach is just not allow those type of comments on the forum to avoid a potential headache 

19 hours ago, Joshua Wilson said:

Recently a controversial topic regarding a sensitive topic involving a text message was posted and I didn’t catch on to it until just a little bit ago.

Apparently, you all are seeking to get me in to potential legal trouble by going this direction and something I will not tolerate. If I had a bucket full of money I might let it hang around, but the entire FloridaHSFootball.com operation is pretty much a one-man show and this my livelihood. This is not a hobby and I don’t make no where I should be making for a decent living. I really could be (and should be) charging for these forums to help cover the costs each month to keep the website and forums running (this stuff is not cheap folks!!!!!) but I don’t because I want this to be an open community for the best sport in the best state in the nation!

Point blank, I pour my heart and soul into this not because I have to but because I want to because I believe in this! The lights on this website and forums can easily go dark tomorrow if it had to but that is a direction I do not seek nor do I ever want to seek out or have to take.

I know this may come off brash, but I have no choice but to put my foot down on something this sensitive. Call me a party pooper all you want but I can’t afford to have something be filed against me because you all decided to post something controversial instead messaging me on here or sending me an email to clear it first. Read the rules of the forum for a quick refresher on things. 

Any questions, message me!

If you want to help out the cause with things around here to make sure things keep going and we continue to use this great open community, consider a donation via PayPal. If you want to donate but can’t do PayPal, message me and I will gladly send you the mailing address and company info to make a check out to.

PayPal link: https://www.paypal.me/floridahsfootball

I’m struggling to see the logic in how a coach is trying to take you to court for something that is almost entirely out of your control.

It’s the First Amendment to the Constitution “Free Speech” and you’re potentially getting into trouble for talking about Aquinas’s wrongdoing on a football board. I understand that this is your site and that it’s your livelihood but the American justice system is so backwards it’s ridiculous. You’re being penalized for practicing YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!

So Aquinas doesn’t like being called out for what they are, and now that they got caught with their pants down so to speak you are becoming their scapegoat. I’m stunned, and I don’t even know why. 

39 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I’m struggling to see the logic in how a coach is trying to take you to court for something that is almost entirely out of your control.

It’s the First Amendment to the Constitution “Free Speech” and you’re potentially getting into trouble for talking about Aquinas’s wrongdoing on a football board. I understand that this is your site and that it’s your livelihood but the American justice system is so backwards it’s ridiculous. You’re being penalized for practicing YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!

So Aquinas doesn’t like being called out for what they are, and now that they got caught with their pants down so to speak you are becoming their scapegoat. I’m stunned, and I don’t even know why. 

It is STA, you shouldn't be shocked by their arrogance

3 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

To clarify: Nobody has approached Josh regarding legal action. Josh took steps to ensure that nobody does approach him regarding legal action.

If the STA administration or some Booster/Advertiser thought that derogatory things were said on the Huddle that economically hurt the school or hurt one of the companies that sponsor the school, they could sue the Huddle for damages. It is not beyond the possibility for some local judge to side with STA or one of the supporting companies. Josh would then have to hire a law firm to defend himself for the duration of the proceedings. Even if Josh won it would have cost him many thousands of dollars and a great deal of his time. If Josh did lose then he may be out of business depending on what the verdict is, which could be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. So, either way, Josh loses and the Huddle may just be out of business. It is thus within Josh's right to mitigate such a possibility, no matter how remote, to protect his business.

Thanks to everyone who has shown support here.

First, no legal action has been threatened, but I have to nip it in the bud before it does become an issue and in this day and age, someone can screenshot things in a matter of seconds after something is posted. Just the world in which we live in these days.

Second, I am open to Free Speech, but there comes a limit with things. The thing involving STA is a gray subject area dealing with the law and how one might interpret it. As Proseteye mentioned, I would be in a potential lose-lose no matter which way something of that nature was to swing if someone came calling for my head.

Right now, what I make doing this is barely keeping things above water. Things are slowly improving, but this has been something I don't want to walk away from having this message board or more importantly the overall FloridaHSFootball.com website where a majority of the content is posted at because I have to dissolve all the assets (which truthfully is not very much) I do have to pay for a lawyer. Something I would have no interest in doing. Nevermind I would likely lose all the gains I have made on my health and wellness in the last year (yeah I have lost over 65 pounds and dropped some pants sizes in the process... will have to change out my profile photo soon) if something like this were to happen. 

So just wanted to share these thoughts at the moment.

49 minutes ago, Keepingitrealinsrq said:

I’m missing something this is all open to the public. All you have to do is request the documents from the FHSAA and they would hand over the evidence in the STA recruiting case. Why in the world is it controversial?  The controversy is taking it down. 

STA is the same program that went and whined to the fhsaa about Lakeland for "recruiting" because they weren't good enough to beat them during that 3 year stretch and two of the times they got their ass embarrassed by Lakeland

That is the kind of program that probably is insecure enough to go take someone to court if a slight sneeze is sent their direction so why is it even worth the headache?

Just go on Twitter and say all the dirty laundry of STA you want, there isn't the same level of liability and potential hot water on a social media account as there is on a public website like this one that is recognized by the fhsaa as the primary football coverage website of Florida HS football

I’m just saying I don’t understand since it is public documents. STA should be exposed. They recruit and recruit hard. One thing I cannot understand is they actually recruit kids that can not even start for them. But I truly love Roger Harriott saying how he was going to focus on his faith and integrity in 2019.  I can’t really comment on his faith, but I can tell you his integrity is horrible.