Vero Beach 2019 Schedule

Drogo

Per the fundraising cards the players are selling, this is Vero’s schedule for next year:

8/16 KOC @ Sebastian River

8/23 American Heritage Delray

8/30 Ft Lauderdale

9/6 Venice 

9/13 Lake Minneola

9/20 Merritt Island

9/27 Centennial 

10/4 BYE

10/11 @ Treasure Coast

10/18 Chaminade Madonna

10/25 @ Fort Pierce Central 

11/1 Viera 

6 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Per the fundraising cards the players are selling, this is Vero’s schedule for next year:

8/16 KOC @ Sebastian River

8/23 American Heritage Delray

8/30 Ft Lauderdale

9/6 Venice 

9/13 Lake Minneola

9/20 Merritt Island

9/27 Centennial 

10/4 BYE

10/11 @ Treasure Coast

10/18 Chaminade Madonna

10/25 @ Fort Pierce Central 

11/1 Viera 

Another unbeaten regular season with a round 2 loss. The Vero Beach tradition continues.

19 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Also just out of curiosity what do you think of Columbia and Venice’s playing IMG this year? Do you think both these teams can beat them?

Well columbia plays them in preseason week (but more importantly the first real action) while Venice gets them several weeks in

That said I would think Columbia has the better shot because IMG tends to need time to gel with the new players but considering what I saw out of them last year i felt even though they were talented that they were also one of the laziest and poorest conditioned teams I've ever seen

IMG relies on brute size and talent to overwhelm teams but really aren't the type of team i would think can win a endurance battle, I expect IMG to take the Columbia game a lot more seriously this time around and may end up playing for a full game instead of a half game like they did last year but I don't think for a second that Columbia is gonna roll over and look like jokes on the field

My biggest concern is will Columbia be as hungry to knock them off as they were last year and will the players step up and fulfill their potential not only in this game but late in the season when normally it feels like columbia tends to peak too early and than run out of gas in the playoffs

27 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

Chaminade can't beat teams from 5a to 8a, they not beatin Vero at home, I think they gon be like Pahokee 

They beat Miramar very recently 

They have also held their own with DFB last year

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/schedule.aspx?schoolid=128d50e8-0ae6-4b71-8506-85fdac103bf3&ssid=d7de9baf-87f8-4a16-bf62-ff51dcb7b9d5

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I give Chaminade a shot in their game

About 15 years ago, Mark Guandolo brought "little" Chaminade to town and smoked Vero at the Citrus Bowl...and surprised a lot of folks.  Vero was not ready for their speed back then and may not be prepared for that kind of speed this year either.   I hope they are and it is a good game.

14 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

About 15 years ago, Mark Guandolo brought "little" Chaminade to town and smoked Vero at the Citrus Bowl...and surprised a lot of folks.  Vero was not ready for their speed back then and may not be prepared for that kind of speed this year either.   I hope they are and it is a good game.

I'll say this 

If the Vero coaches and players dismiss Chaminade like flotech is doing then Chaminade will end that little home regular season winning streak Vero has going 

Vero Beach better take Chaminade as a serious threat they are

47 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'll say this 

If the Vero coaches and players dismiss Chaminade like flotech is doing then Chaminade will end that little home regular season winning streak Vero has going 

Vero Beach better take Chaminade as a serious threat they are

When Chaminade has been beaten by larger schools in the recent past, they got manhandled in the trenches, ie AH Plantation, Central.  I was not overly impressed by Vero's line play last year (from a talent perspective-not a knock on coaching)....at least not what I would expect out of an elite-level team.   Unless there are big changes this year, I don't see them dominating CM in the trenches...and if they cannot do that, no way they are going to "out-athlete" CM.     

16 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

When Chaminade has been beaten by larger schools in the recent past, they got manhandled in the trenches, ie AH Plantation, Central.  I was not overly impressed by Vero's line play last year (from a talent perspective-not a knock on coaching)....at least not what I would expect out of an elite-level team.   Unless there are big changes this year, I don't see them dominating CM in the trenches...and if they cannot do that, no way they are going to "out-athlete" CM.     

Here we go again.......

On 5/4/2019 at 5:27 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

What everybody here is not recognizing is that Vero's winning ways (undefeated seasons) started when coach Jankowski came to Vero Beach. All teams have athletes, what matters is how the coach puts it all together, and coach J does an exceptional job of it. I'm just afraid that after his quarterback son goes off on a college scholarship this season, he might follow him.

On 5/4/2019 at 5:49 PM, OldSchoolLion said:

I expect Vero v. Chaminade to be similar to Muscle Shoals last year. Basically, CM gets out-coached for most of the game but finds a way to win a game they shouldn't because of their superior athleticism. 

1 hour ago, roygod said:

What everybody here is not recognizing is that Vero's winning ways (undefeated seasons) started when coach Jankowski came to Vero Beach. All teams have athletes, what matters is how the coach puts it all together, and coach J does an exceptional job of it. I'm just afraid that after his quarterback son goes off on a college scholarship this season, he might follow him.

Coach Coggings was winning games too he had 8 win teams 7 win teams 6 win teams too he just didn't go undefeated in the regular season

The offense has changed which is why Vero is pullin in wins over name brand teams now 

And I thought coach J leaving when his son goes too but he was there before his son got there 

1 hour ago, SFL SPY said:

I expect Vero v. Chaminade to be similar to Muscle Shoals last year. Basically, CM gets out-coached for most of the game but finds a way to win a game they shouldn't because of their superior athleticism. 

Vero beats teams that can't score over 30 points on em especially with this spread offense Vero got but i really wanna see how Vero defense handle this speed late in the season

16 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

Vero beats teams that can't score over 30 points on em especially with this spread offense Vero got but i really wanna see how Vero defense handle this speed late in the season

Jessica has reminded us in the past that Chaminade does better as the season progresses...maybe because their transfers have had a chance to gel?

If that is the case, Vero should be facing a solid, late-season competitor.

8 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Jessica has reminded us in the past that Chaminade does better as the season progresses...maybe because their transfers have had a chance to gel?

If that is the case, Vero should be facing a solid, late-season competitor.

Chaminade is very good at the end of the season and Viera be peakin too at end of the season, Vero challenging themselves from Dwyer jamboree to Viera season finale

4 hours ago, Floridatech said:

Vero's defense is going to be strong this year, and it's going to carry the offense the first few games until Ryan gets his legs.