Who has the best high school sports complex, that you've ever seen?

ORabidOne

19 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Stadium at IMG a joke

Can't speak to rest of their facilities but their stadium isn't even as large as ours

Just curious ColumbiaFan did you go to Bradenton last year when Columbia played them?

Their stadium is slightly larger than a regular high school, but really accommodating with good food, a Smoothie King, and even a gift shop.

Their facilities are obviously top-notch.

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Stadium at IMG a joke

Can't speak to rest of their facilities but their stadium isn't even as large as ours

The rest of the facilities are absolutely insane. Nicest I’ve seen. 

As far as a public school goes, Colquitt County is extremely nice (I know Rabid wants his ego stroked)

50 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Just curious ColumbiaFan did you go to Bradenton last year when Columbia played them?

Their stadium is slightly larger than a regular high school, but really accommodating with good food, a Smoothie King, and even a gift shop.

Their facilities are obviously top-notch.

I did go last year and looking at a stadium that was only on the home side looks pretty bad

I could tell ours was larger but I can't speak on food since i didn't leave the stands once I got up until the game was over

4 hours ago, Jags904 said:

As far as a public school goes, Colquitt County is extremely nice (I know Rabid wants his ego stroked)

What does being public hafta do with anything?:unsure: Facilities are facilities! It's just depending upon how much interest you have in your program! I doubt if there is a complex in the mighty BNU or the mighty Trinity League, that rival the best in GHSA AAAA, much less the upper classifications! Our new DC coached in Florida for about ten years! And he says that Georgia takes their football  MUCH more seriously than Florida, on so many levels!(fan support, facilities, participation, and coaching salaries, to name a few)

As an aside, I doubt if you know ANYTHING about Colquitt county athletics, in toto! 

Just now, Proseteye said:

I don't know about that but every time I have tuned in to the IMG streaming for their games the stands seem to be pretty full. 

They only have stands on one side of the field so all the fans are placed together

If they have a lot of fans in the stands it's likely the road team filling it up plus the stands aren't that large at IMG as most would expect for a national powerhouse

The stands looked no bigger than the home side in Lake City but they didn't have a road side so it was probably 4-5k capacity at max

Idk what games you watched that was full but based on people I talked to when I was down there in Bradenton, IMG doesn't bring many fans to their games and it's usually the road team filling the stands

And that was from people who live in Bradenton

8 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

What does being public hafta do with anything?:unsure: Facilities are facilities! It's just depending upon how much interest you have in your program! I doubt if there is a complex in the mighty BNU or the mighty Trinity League, that rival the best in GHSA AAAA, much less the upper classifications! Our new DC coached in Florida for about ten years! And he says that Georgia takes their football  MUCH more seriously than Florida, on so many levels!(fan support, facilities, participation, and coaching salaries, to name a few)

As an aside, I doubt if you know ANYTHING about Colquitt county athletics, in toto! 

The coaching salaries are not even close, especially when you compare public in FL vs public in GA. The facilities are the same way. You guys also have larger rosters as well. Our state legislator makes it hard for a public school down here to spend any significant amount of money on sports. 

Private schools down here spend more money on coaching salaries and facilities. 

I know plenty about Colquitt County athletics. One of my good friends coaches a sport there (not football).

There are only a few places in GA that pay those large amounts.  Most of them are rural, one or two schools in the county communities.  Better off chasing money in SC or TX.  As for best facilities I have seen, Allen and Katy in TX are spectacular.  Massillon in Ohio.  There are several schools with indoor practice facilities up there.  Colquitt in GA, and St Pius in GA.  In Florida Jesuit in Tampa, and IMG.

1 hour ago, Cjm04 said:

There are only a few places in GA that pay those large amounts.  Most of them are rural, one or two schools in the county communities.  Better off chasing money in SC or TX.  As for best facilities I have seen, Allen and Katy in TX are spectacular.  Massillon in Ohio.  There are several schools with indoor practice facilities up there.  Colquitt in GA, and St Pius in GA.  In Florida Jesuit in Tampa, and IMG.

...maybe more than you think, sir

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/sports/big-business-number-of-georgia-high-school-football-coaches-making-six-figure-salaries-has-doubled-in-five-years/77-99d3cec6-0852-4d81-a563-117fd68b7c93

20 hours ago, Jags904 said:

WHY would you say that? I don't need no stinking strokes! But as my wise ole grandma use ta say! "Lil Rabid, iffin ya kin DO IT, it AIN'T braggin!":)

As an aside, you don't know half of what we got a cookin in Moultrie, Georgia! But just a taste of it is, that USA Olympic diving teams, as well as several other country's teams, trained at OUR diving facility, for the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta!

We've had male and female divers, who teamed with all of the major SEC and ACC diving teams, for the past three decades!

9 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

WHY would you say that? I don't need no stinking strokes! But as my wise ole grandma use ta say! "Lil Rabid, iffin ya kin DO IT, it AIN'T braggin!":)

As an aside, you don't know half of what we got a cookin in Moultrie, Georgia! But just a taste of it is, that USA Olympic diving teams, as well as several other country's teams, trained at OUR diving facility, for the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta!

We've had male and female divers, who teamed with all of the major SEC and ACC diving teams, for the past three decades!

All them facilities and you got 27th at state this year? I’ve been to the Bolles facilities for my nephew’s competitions a few times and their swim complex is certainly better than yours. 

17 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

They only have stands on one side of the field so all the fans are placed together

If they have a lot of fans in the stands it's likely the road team filling it up plus the stands aren't that large at IMG as most would expect for a national powerhouse

The stands looked no bigger than the home side in Lake City but they didn't have a road side so it was probably 4-5k capacity at max

Idk what games you watched that was full but based on people I talked to when I was down there in Bradenton, IMG doesn't bring many fans to their games and it's usually the road team filling the stands

And that was from people who live in Bradenton

That's true. They have stands only on one side of the field with a max capacity of 5,000. I think the majority of schools in Florida with football teams have stands that average 5,000 or less.

It's usually standing room only in the stadiums that IMG plays in across the country.

When your student body comes from around the country and the world understandably there are very few parents and other family members there to fill up the stands.

This is a Lip Dub video (no sound because of copyright). 

But if you watch through it, the stadium is awesome, they have a pool, their indoor practice area for their cheer/dance team, their basketball area is great,  the indoor practice facility is fantastic as well.  The stadium probably doesn't beat some of the Texas ones, but everything else is pretty good. 

On 5/4/2019 at 10:21 PM, Jags904 said:

Tell me what you know about Colquitt's sport's facilities? Because, no offense,  I don't think that you know much!