Who has the best high school sports complex, that you've ever seen?

ORabidOne

On 5/6/2019 at 7:27 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

He knows enough to differentiate between transfers and recruiting

IF Colquitt recruited, they would have been able to get the two best players from the eleven surrounding schools! And been able to put a running clock on IMG! As it was, with largely local talent, they were able to beat the best team in Alabama, 35-14, the week after mighty Miami Central beat them 21-20! They beat the best team in Missouri 42-14, and the best team in Virginia, 38-7! They beat the defending 7A state champions, 45-0! The one who you Florida boys from Wekiva, were bragging about beating 28-14!

I'm at a loss to know where you are getting your information, about Colquitt recruiting ANYONE? HUMOR ME! We're just por lil tiny, undersized hogs, trying to do the best that we can! HECK, we had thirteen coaches turn down the position left by Coach Rush ProPst, the best high school coach in America! 

You made a comment on the national board, that my knowledge of Florida football was a JOKE! APPARENTLY, your knowledge of the PEACH STATE isn't all that stellar as well! Because the allegations of our having ten DI recruits every season, pales in comparison to the TRUTH! We had NINE DI signees at any level, on our 30-0 back to back, state and national championship teams! And only two are getting significant playing time! And those are a DL at Arkansas, and a WR at Middle Tennessee State!

32 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

IF Colquitt recruited, they would have been able to get the two best players from the eleven surrounding schools! And been able to put a running clock on IMG! As it was, with largely local talent, they were able to beat the best team in Alabama, 35-14, the week after mighty Miami Central beat them 21-20! They beat the best team in Missouri 42-14, and the best team in Virginia, 38-7! They beat the defending 7A state champions, 45-0! The one who you Florida boys from Wekiva, were bragging about beating 28-14!

I'm at a loss to know where you are getting your information, about Colquitt recruiting ANYONE? HUMOR MORE! We're just por lil tiny, undersized hogs, trying to do the best that we can! HECK, we had thirteen coaches turn down the position left by Coach Rush ProPst, the best high school coach in America! 

You made a comment on the national board, that my knowledge of Florida football was a JOKE! APPARENTLY, your knowledge of the PEACH STATE isn't all that stellar as well! Because the allegations of our having ten DI recruits every season, pales in comparison to the TRUTH! We had NINE DI signees at any level, on our 30-0 back to back, state and national championship teams! And only two are getting significant playing time! And those are a DL at Arkansas, and a WR at Middle Tennessee State!

It is a joke because you have made claims of  every FL school recruiting for over a decade but haven't produced one spectrum of evidence to back these claims up

I'm not denying that some have been recruiting but if you are gonna claim every school in FL are cheating and that GA is above recruiting than you better have some hard evidence or you are just throwing out slander and hoping your past reputation will be enough to make it stick

2 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

Tell me what you know about Colquitt's sport's facilities? Because, no offense,  I don't think that you know much!

Football facilities are really nice. 100yd indoor practice facility with 1 end zone. Great weight room with a nutritional station. Over 150 lockers, offices for coaches, and 3 meeting rooms. 

The gym is quite nice as is the baseball stadium. Not out of this world nice but this is a football forum and I’m speaking on the football facilities. 

On 5/5/2019 at 10:19 AM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

They only have stands on one side of the field so all the fans are placed together

If they have a lot of fans in the stands it's likely the road team filling it up plus the stands aren't that large at IMG as most would expect for a national powerhouse

The stands looked no bigger than the home side in Lake City but they didn't have a road side so it was probably 4-5k capacity at max

Idk what games you watched that was full but based on people I talked to when I was down there in Bradenton, IMG doesn't bring many fans to their games and it's usually the road team filling the stands

And that was from people who live in Bradenton

And WHY would you think that that was the case? It's because a majority of their students aren't even from Florida, much less that area!

22 hours ago, Jags904 said:

Football facilities are really nice. 100yd indoor practice facility with 1 end zone. Great weight room with a nutritional station. Over 150 lockers, offices for coaches, and 3 meeting rooms. 

The gym is quite nice as is the baseball stadium. Not out of this world nice but this is a football forum and I’m speaking on the football facilities. 

WEll, lemme tell you the REST! The baseball/softball stadiums are state of the art with warning tracks and inning by inning scoreboards, with indoor batting cages, and practice fields adjacent, for both sports! The baseball games are carried on a local radio station. Adjacent to the baseball/softball fields, are the six Packer tennis courts, with a hooded picnic pavilion with grilling facilities, and electric outlets for various uses, that is shared by multiple sports throughout the year! There is a full scale outdoor football practice field/soccer field, and full size track facility, that are both surfaced with Sprinturf! There are two soccer/football practice fields with natural grass surfaces. There is an on campus cross country course. There is a 3500 seat varsity basketball gym, plus an additional practice gym! There ARE 150 varsity lockers, but there are ALSO 50 JV lockers plus a kitchen/cafeteria, that houses the varsity nutritional program. The entire PACKER PARK complex is supported by several indoor restroom facilities throughout the PACKER PARK complex!  THEN, we trek across town to the 8,000 seat Mack Tharpe Memorial Stadium, and it's double press box accommodations, double scoreboards, play clocks, Sprinturf surface facility and fieldhouse! All games are filmed for viewing later, during the hour plus PACKER REPORT, aired on local access TV four times weekly! There are also play by play radio announcers, who also give pre and post game analysis and interviews with players and coaches alike, during Friday night Lights! The TV show is hosted by the legendary sportswriter Wayne Grandy of the Moultrie Observer, and filmed by Hunter Video Productions! The head coach gives his play by play analysis of the previous game, and scouting reports on upcoming opponents!

The Packer football team is also supported by approx. 10 local churches, who supply meals during the week, in addition to countless volunteers throughout the community, who help in supplying the Packer football team, with proper nutrition throughout the year, with three to four additional meals per day. In addition, the Packer football program also employees a Certified Trainer with two interns from VSU. And has two team doctors, who accompany the team to games both home and away. They also have access to the Vereen Rehabilitation Center in Moultrie, which provides pre and post game therapy!

The Colquitt County Packer football program also has a feeder system from the ten grammar schools in the county, that covers grades 6-9. And they have at least four coaches each!

Last but certainly not least! There is the Packer Football Booster Club, some 400 strong! Who provide funding throughout the season, through the use of local business sponsorships, fundraising through local golf tourneys, and donations though memberships in the booster club, at various levels of support.(PLUS, the 1500 season reserved seat patrons, at $17.00 a ticket)

They also have nine auxiliary tennis courts, adjacent to the olympic sized swimming pool, adjacent to the HOG PEN!

And THEN, there is our crowning jewel of the entire sports PROGRAM! NO, it's NOT the FOOTBALL program! It's the state of the art Olympic diving well, with indoor training facility, that has as it's marquee, DIVE WITH CHAMPIONS! It is said to be among the finest outdoor diving facilities in the COUNTRY! A facility that gained national notoriety in the New York Times, with a half page story on the diving program, created by former Flying Tiger, Moose Moss, because he just WANTED TO give his kids the BEST facility possible, in which to train! The Moss Diving facility was the training facility for the United States Olympic diving teams, during the 1996 Olympic games in Atlanta! There is even a girl who's family move from SOUTH FLORIDA, to dive for the PACKERS! She is now a mainstay for the Purdue Boilermakers! Colquitt routinely sends divers to all of the major DI conferences, both men and women!

NO DOUBT, there are FOOTBALL programs that are better funded, through scholarships and the like! But I doubt if there are ANY total sports programs, that compare to Colquitt County PUBLIC High School!

As an aside, before Coach ProPst was axed! The Colquitt County Packers also utilized two tractor trailer rigs, for both the 50th Regiment Band, and the Packer mobile training facility! At that time, the team also stayed in a motel, the night before a HOME game! And ALL away games, of more than 100 miles! TRUE, as the craaaazy kid from Colombia says! I MAY NOT know as much about Florida football, as you boys! But I don't think that I NEED TO!:)

6 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

WEll, lemme tell you the REST! The baseball/softball stadiums are state of the art with warning tracks and inning by inning scoreboards, with indoor batting cages, and practice fields adjacent, for both sports! The baseball games are carried on a local radio station. Adjacent to the baseball/softball fields, are the six Packer tennis courts, with a hooded picnic pavilion with grilling facilities, and electric outlets for various uses, that is shared by multiple sports throughout the year! There is a full scale outdoor football practice field/soccer field, and full size track facility, that are both surfaced with Sprinturf! There are two soccer/football practice fields with natural grass surfaces. There is an on campus cross country course. There is a 3500 seat varsity basketball gym, plus an additional practice gym! There ARE 150 varsity lockers, but there are ALSO 50 JV lockers plus a kitchen/cafeteria for the varsity nutritional program. The entire PACKER PARK complex is supported by several indoor restroom facilities throughout PARK!  THEN, we trek across town to the 8,000 seat Mack Tharpe Memorial Stadium, and it's double press box accommodations, double scoreboards, play clocks, Sprinturf surface facility and fieldhouse! All games are filmed for viewing later, during the hour plus PACKER REPORT, aired on local access TV four times weekly! There are also play by play radio announcers, who also give pre and post game analysis and interviews with players and coaches alike, during Friday night Lights! The TV show is hosted by the legendary sportswriter Wayne Grandy of the Moultrie Observer, and filmed by Hunter Video Productions! The head coach gives his play by play analysis of the previous game, and scouting reports on upcoming opponents!

The Packer football team is also supported by approx. 10 local churches, who supply meals during the week, in addition to countless volunteers through the community, who help in supplying the Packer football team, with proper nutrition throughout the year, with three to four additional meals per day. In addition, the Packer football program also employees a Certified Trainer with two interns from VSU. And has two team doctors, who accompany the team to games both home and away. They also have access to the Vereen Rehabilitation Center in Moultrie, which provides pre and post game therapy!

The Colquitt County Packer football program also has a feeder system from the ten grammar schools in the county, that covers grades 6-9. And they have at least four coaches each!

Last but certainly not least! There is the Packer Football Booster Club, some 400 strong! Who provide funding throughout the season, through the use of local business sponsorships, fundraising through local golf tourneys, and donations though memberships in the booster club, at various levels of support.(PLUS, the 1500 season reserved seat patrons, at $17.00 a ticket)

They also have nine auxiliary tennis courts, adjacent to the olympic sized swimming pool, adjacent to the HOG PEN!

And THEN, there is our crowning jewel of the entire sports PROGRAM! NO, it's NOT the FOOTBALL program! It's the state of the art Olympic diving well, with indoor training facility, that has as it's marquee, DIVE WITH CHAMPIONS! It is said to be among the finest outdoor diving facilities in the COUNTRY! A facility that gained national notoriety in the New York Times, with a half page story on the diving program, created by former Flying Tiger, Moose Moss! The Moss Diving facility was the training facility for the United States Olympic diving teams, during the 1996 Olympic games in Atlanta! There is even a girl who's family move from SOUTH FLORIDA, to dive for the PACKERS! She is now a mainstay for the Purdue Boilermakers! Colquitt routinely sends divers to all of the major DI conferences, both men and women!

NO DOUBT, there are FOOTBALL programs that are better funded, through scholarships and the like! But I doubt if there are ANY total sports programs, that compare to Colquitt County PUBLIC High School!

As an aside, before Coach ProPst was axed! The Colquitt County Packers also utilized two tractor trailer rigs, for both the 50th Regiment Band, and the Packer mobile training facility! At that time, the team also stayed in a motel, the night before a HOME game! And ALL away games, of more than 100 miles! TRUE, as the craaaazy kid from Colombia says! I MAY NOT know as much about Florida football, as you boys! But I don't think that that I NEED TO!:)

Yeah no you know nothing about FL

Your claims of every team recruiting is entertaining but only for how easily you manage to embarrass yourself with false comments and unfunny jokes

19 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yeah no you know nothing about FL

Your claims of every team recruiting is entertaining but only for how easily you manage to embarrass yourself with false comments and unfunny jokes

HEY, my mammy likes my jokes!:( And if I'm not in error! I believe that recently, Florida opened up all schools to a lax transfer rule! Call it what you WILL! But where I come from, when kids just happened to end up at another school for no particular reason other than playing football for the flavor of the month! NOBODY is calling it a random TRANSFER! Grayson SHOULD have been put on PROBATION in 2016! After they peed in the face of the GHSA, with their TEN HIGH profiled 'transfers'! And to make matters worse, their star RB who signed with Harbaugh at MEEECHIGAN! Posed on his bed in NEWTON COUNTY, thirty miles away, with the aforementioned, two days AFTER the state championship game! His dear ole DAD NEVER established residence in Gwinnett county, and was evicted from his apartment a month after he moved in. And their home in Covington was NEVER put on the market! CONVERSELY, the number of TRANSFERS at Colquitt County, in the past decade, you can count of TWO HANDS, with fingers to spare! And three of those were from other STATES, who came with their parents, who were coming for employment opportunities. Another was coming home, so his kid could play for his alma mater, where he had helped win the 1994 State Championship! 

5 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

HEY, my mammy likes my jokes!:( And if I'm not in error! I believe that recently, Florida opened up all schools to a lax transfer rule! Call it what you WILL! But where I come from, when kids just happened to end up at another school for no particular reason other than playing football for the flavor of the month! NOBODY is calling it a random TRANSFER! Grayson SHOULD have been put on PROBATION in 2016! After they peed in the face of the GHSA, with their TEN HIGH profiled 'transfers'! And to make matters worse, their star RB who signed with Harbaugh at MEEECHIGAN! Posed on his bed in NEWTON COUNTY, thirty miles away, with the aforementioned, two days AFTER the state championship game! His dear ole DAD NEVER established residence in Gwinnett county, and was evicted from his apartment a month after he moved in. And their home in Covington was NEVER put on the market! CONVERSELY, the number of TRANSFERS at Colquitt County, in the past decade, you can count of TWO HANDS, with fingers to spare! And three of those were from other STATES, who came with their parents, who were coming for employment opportunities. Another was coming home, so his kid could play for his alma mater, where he had helped win the 1994 State Championship! 

That doesn't mean that every school is recruiting

There is a very small percentage of the schools who are recruiting, and accepting a transfer and going out and looking for them are 2 different things!

On 5/6/2019 at 8:24 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It is a joke because you have made claims of  every FL school recruiting for over a decade but haven't produced one spectrum of evidence to back these claims up

I'm not denying that some have been recruiting but if you are gonna claim every school in FL are cheating and that GA is above recruiting than you better have some hard evidence or you are just throwing out slander and hoping your past reputation will be enough to make it stick

What I DID say is THIS! EVERY Florida school, due to your new state bylaws, has the OPPORTUNITY to obtain transfers, NO QUESTIONS ASKED! THAT to ME, opens up PANDORA'S BOX for ABUSE of the new system! NO MORE, NO LESS! Conversely, in GEORGIA, one must establish physical residence, unless you are like Buford, and abuse open enrollment, while still wallowing in the lower bush leagues, afraid to play the BIG BAD HOGS! Because, WE'RE WAITING ON UM to WALK da WALK, instead of talking da TALK!

And I have NO CLUE where you get your summation of my statements! There are NUMEROUS schools in GEORGIA, mostly in Atlanta metro, who abuse the CRAP out of a weak transfer system! In fact, Marietta had to forfeit games last season, because they had parents working for a grammar school in the Maretta district, and not the high school, as they had alluded to! Name me ONE PRIVATE school in Florida, who doesn't get a lotta help from it's neighbors? Or city schools in metro areas, as well? ALL NO, a significant number, YOU BETCHA!

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

There is a very small percentage of the schools who are recruiting, and accepting a transfer and going out and looking for them are 2 different things!

OK, SLOOOOOOOW your roll! If I said RECRUITING, I meant creative playa acquisition! BY BAD, I made a BOO BOO, I made a MISta......WELL, YOU know! 

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

How about Hillsborough county? Do you think that it's just a coinkidink, that four or five schools, outta THIRTY, are ALWAYS in the mix?

18 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

WHERE DID I say that EVERY school, RECRUITS? International School of Broward couldn't stop my GRANDMA, if she was trying to get to the supper table!

31 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

How about Hillsborough county? Do you think that it's just a coinkidink, that four or five schools, outta THIRTY, are ALWAYS in the mix?

Not really

Kids naturally want to play for winning programs and the state legislation basically made zoning meaningless so obviously a kid isn't gonna stay at a weaker program with a poor track record of players going to next level

It's Hardly recruiting, it's just kids deciding one school is better for them than where they currently go

35 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

OK, SLOOOOOOOW your roll! If I said RECRUITING, I meant creative playa acquisition! BY BAD, I made a BOO BOO, I made a MISta......WELL, YOU know! 

Nothing really creative in most cases 

Just kids deciding one school is better for their needs and goals than another