6A Region 4 - An Early Look

OldSchoolLion

Talk about a region that changed drastically...only 3 of the 8 playoff teams from last season return this year...Central, Norland and Dillard.  Northwestern, Carol City and Mainland are out of the way of Central, which is a boon for them.   They do get always strong Southridge, though, which drops all the way down from 8A.  And with the addition of Braden River and Jefferson to Region 3, that region may not be quite the pushover it has been in the past for the 6A Miami teams.   

Playoff teams for Region 4 could look something like below.  Italicized teams won district titles last year.  Central is loaded with talent and should be the heavy favorite.  Naples is always strong and got Northwestern out of the way, but now they have to deal with Central.  Norland has been a spoiler in years past.

District Champions:

Central

Dillard

Fort Myers

Naples

...fighting it out for the remaining 4 playoff slots

Barron Collier

Belen Jesuit

Immokalee

Norland

North Fort Myers

Southridge

On 5/16/2019 at 1:20 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

If we can get belen or Barron in the first round then norland or Immokalee in the second I love our chances. But no matter who we play win or lose Dillard is gonna be there Let’s gooo #PawsUp.!

In the scenario above, Dillard would have been seeded #4 with a lower average than Fort Myers or Naples.  That's a tough seed because Southridge is a likely #5 seed.  If Dillard got past Southridge, they would be playing in Miami versus Central.  Better hope Dillard's schedule is strong enough to pull them a #2 or #3 seed if you want a better shot of getting past the first round.  

On 5/16/2019 at 1:20 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

If we can get belen or Barron in the first round then norland or Immokalee in the second I love our chances. But no matter who we play win or lose Dillard is gonna be there Let’s gooo #PawsUp.!

Watch out for Belen. 

Chaney is electric!

40 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

In the scenario above, Dillard would have been seeded #4 with a lower average than Fort Myers or Naples.  That's a tough seed because Southridge is a likely #5 seed.  If Dillard got past Southridge, they would be playing in Miami versus Central.  Better hope Dillard's schedule is strong enough to pull them a #2 or #3 seed if you want a better shot of getting past the first round.  

True True but when you say central should be heavy faves let’s remeber it was 7-6 Dillard after 1st Qt and 28-21 central with 2:06 left on the clock in the 4th. I understand central being faves but HEAVY! faves? I don’t know about that.

and I think southridge and Dillard would be a very entertaining game. Dillard brought in a very solid well known OL coach this year and he been getting those boys right the OL got some beef and actually is being taught how to block and get push on both sides of the Ball. 

We got a Two headed monster at The Rb position and our coaching staff have been beefed up. Dillard is gonna be a force to deal with this year I see us coming out with a full head of steam coming off our first 8-2 season since 08.