49 Columbia vs 20 Bartram Trail [Spring Game] Final

DisabledAccount

17 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

My goodness smh I thought Bertram trail was very good 

I'm hearing they down a few players which makes since because they look out of sync on both sides of the ball

Columbia DL looks pretty good and secondary got 2 picks

Jordan struggled at QB early but he on a roll since 

Overall Columbia looks really really good

2 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Glad to hear but you guys are high tech af u got a whole tint with flat screens && I bet iPads to look at film and past plays live on the field smh and you all are from small lake city ..Dillard aka south Florida in general is behind 

Yeah lol

Our coach got them iPads and tv on sidelines but it pays off for how it helps us prepare

Columbia really impressed me tonight 

Columbia had 2 transfers on the DL playing tonight and they showed some serious pursuit after the QB, this best pass rush I've seen in a while for Columbia

Offensive line had question marks coming in but after a few rough series on offense they seemed to get their act together

2 very good WR went down but neither appeared to be a serious injury and should be ready by fall 

Jordan Smith looked off on his accuracy early but eventually found his groove

Secondary did a good job holding Bartram receivers in check

Overall a very good performance by columbia tonight

6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Columbia really impressed me tonight 

Columbia had 2 transfers on the DL playing tonight and they showed some serious pursuit after the QB, this best pass rush I've seen in a while for Columbia

Offensive line had question marks coming in but after a few rough series on offense they seemed to get their act together

2 very good WR went down but neither appeared to be a serious injury and should be ready by fall 

Jordan Smith looked off on his accuracy early but eventually found his groove

Secondary did a good job holding Bartram receivers in check

Overall a very good performance by columbia tonight

Two transfers from where? 

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

FYI...FHSAA rules state that a player who was not on the fall roster can not play in the spring game. Columbia forfeited the game due to ineligible players.

6 hours ago, Just A Coach said:

FYI...FHSAA rules state that a player who was not on the fall roster can not play in the spring game. Columbia forfeited the game due to ineligible players.

I think the rule technically is you have to be enrolled in the fall semester to be eligible

If that's the case it means they been here a lot longer than I thought

7 hours ago, Just A Coach said:

LOL....That is a rule but no one follows it. Great win. Y'all got some dudes. Should be a great year for the Tigers!

Even though Bartram was down several players which may have caused it to be more lopsided I was impressed with what Columbia brought to the table

We got some work to do but for this early in the process we are on the right track 

14 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Glad to hear but you guys are high tech af u got a whole tint with flat screens && I bet iPads to look at film and past plays live on the field smh and you all are from small lake city ..Dillard aka south Florida in general is behind 

Dillard should be able to have iPads as well. It's all about school admin being reasonably responsible and having a clue about what a budget should include. Sadly, still have a lot of incompetence in education, lazy, Luddite folks masquerading as "old school".

19 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Congrats to Columbia, good job. I will still give the same warning that I always give no matter the result, it is only pre-season. A good showing none the less, especially with going up so early. 

I agree with you, in fact heading into game I didn't care about what the score was, I came in wanting to watch a few question marks I had position wise and see how they did, I feel overall those positions looked good overall. We definitely have a way to go but they look more advanced than I've ever seen them in a spring game and they should be ready to hit ground running in the fall with a very talented team returning and a team that should be serious contenders in their region which has some solid competition not only in our district but the entire region as a whole

I did hear Bartram had some people out which may have caused the game to be lopsided but Columbia played well enough to show they should be strong again this year and not drop off like some in Lake City were telling me a few months ago (though that's a yearly thing as it seems like every year some of our alumni and fans think we going 5-5 the next year to point I just laugh at them and tell them to see me in November when they are back in the playoffs again like clockwork)

The biggest problem with columbia has never been talent, they always got talent

They just seem to go cold in crunch time and I'm hoping that this time around our coaches learn from past mistakes in playoffs and use that to finally break through the glass ceiling they been stuck against for the past few years and finally make a return to the finals

Also update I was wrong with the injuries as the LCR reported last night that one of the receivers suffered a broken collarbone, he should be ready by the preseason game with IMG but will probably miss most of summer and I doubt he will be cleared to participate in 7v7

No word yet on the other receiver who got injured but they may have something in the Sunday paper