NORTH vs SOUTH FLORIDA

joeycash2004

2 minutes ago, joeycash2004 said:

Is the trend starting to shift towards North Florida? Could North Florida compete with South Florida?

To a extent yes

SFL still holds a talent edge however there are several teams in North Florida who can compete with the good SFL teams 

The trend seems to be shifting to more of a balance as the gap between SFL and NFL isn't as large as it was a few years ago 

7 minutes ago, muckboy561 said:

No

Based on what? A few powerhouses who dominate

Only a few SFL teams are at that top tier, the rest of them are at least on par with the top of North Florida

Like when one of the most decorated programs in South Florida only beat a 2-8 Oakleaf team by 1 point just a few years ago

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/schedule.aspx?schoolid=c7daea84-41fe-40c0-8cc3-5a22f96fee21&ssid=d7de9baf-87f8-4a16-bf62-ff51dcb7b9d5

This narrative out there that north FL is completely inferior is laughable

Excluding the all SFL game in 3a this past year there was 2 state champions between the 3 major SFL counties 

That's the same number of Duval county publics who won state this past year who until this past year had only 1 public in the county history to win a state Title in the playoff era

If last season is any indication of a trend than the gap is definitely closing 

2 minutes ago, muckboy561 said:

Wasn't Oakleaf 5-6 last season and still lost to GC why didn't you post that lol. Everyone knows South have great talent and good portions for being Champs by beating schools from the North 

Is that why north FL had more teams win state this past year than SFL?

5 minutes ago, muckboy561 said:

Wasn't Oakleaf 5-6 last season and still lost to GC why didn't you post that lol. Everyone knows South have great talent and good portions for being Champs by beating schools from the North 

Don't get me wrong SFL has seriously good talent and some very good teams but to say north FL can't compete is ridiculous

Only thing more ridiculous is the people who are saying that they are 2 different states which is bullcrap and just being said to discredit very capable teams as being second class because they aren't beating a few loaded rosters in one of the biggest talent hubs in the country

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Don't get me wrong SFL has seriously good talent and some very good teams but to say north FL can't compete is ridiculous

Only thing more ridiculous is the people who are saying that they are 2 different states which is bullcrap and just being said to discredit very capable teams as being second class because they aren't beating a few loaded rosters in one of the biggest talent hubs in the country

North have talent too and great programs like Raines, Bolles, NFC, etc I agree with you we're not two different states that dumb 

12 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Just out of curiosity, where do the central Florida teams fit into this debate (i.e., Orlando teams,  Tampa Bay teams like Armwood and Plant and Lakeland)?  Are they part of South Florida?  North Florida?  Or do they get left out of the debate all together? 

I did a map to demonstrate how I would cut the barrier but I'm guessing most of the central FL area generally gets thrown together as being North FL at least the areas like Tampa, Polk County and Orlando

Even so the true north areas did bring in more championships than SFL did this past year (4-3 advantage) 

Lakeland would probably be only one that I would truly call a Central FL team that won the title this year

27 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Just out of curiosity, where do the central Florida teams fit into this debate (i.e., Orlando teams,  Tampa Bay teams like Armwood and Plant and Lakeland)?  Are they part of South Florida?  North Florida?  Or do they get left out of the debate all together? 

6A and up, Central Florida is north.  5A and down, Central Florida is south.

27 minutes ago, Perspective said:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nyPp1-L_gRn7Sj5vo4AHeprbVhkisu03zpnaJlpla0Y/edit?usp=drivesdk

If You ask me I believe north Florida has the coaching advantage Where As the south has the over all athletic/speed advantage. 

Which is why a a below avg north Florida team with great coaching can come to south Florida and play a avg to above avg south Florida team and beat them or go toe to toe with them. 

As a sports fanatic and former player a lot of south Florida teams especially at the black schools they lack competent coaching which brings forth a lot of undisciplined play. They rely more on athletics down here being able to put run and out jump their opponent. And most times they prevail. But notice when they go up against a school with solid coaching a few athletes they lose.

16 hours ago, Perspective said:

I mean All those teams are apart of north Florida. look at when state championship is played you have arm wood repping the north and Miami northwestern or central or carol city repping the south. Apopka (Orlando) playing teams like cypress bay. normally when a team from Orlando or Tampa or Lakeland go to the state they are in north region