Is Lake Okeechobee/The Muck Losing Its Luster?

OldSchoolLion

In 29 of the past 40 years, a team from Glades Day, Glades Central, Pahokee and/or Clewiston has been in a state final.  Below are the years in which these teams have not had at least one representative at the finals.  For this old-timer, this decade has been a really odd one, since I have become so accustomed to these teams competing for titles.  Except for Pahokee in 2016, that part of the state has been absent.  With the current assignments, will one of these teams be able to make it to a final over the next couple of years?  If Pahokee can get past Hawthorne in its region, it's liable to face Madison County in a 1A semifinal.  If Glades Central can win its region, it could be facing Carol City, Cardinal Gibbons or Booker T Washington in a 4A semifinal.  Sounds pretty tough.   

1990-1992

2011-2015

2017-2018

I will admit that the Muck has lost some muster. Coaching change at Pahokee along with some transfer that moved back home should return them back to the top of 1A. Glades Day also has a coaching change, but are hiring from within, so maybe the younger energy can kick start them again. Pete Walker has returned to Clewiston and he usually gets them competitive. It’s really hard to say how good Glades Central will be. The schedule is favorable, but I don’t think they can play with the Teams in 4A region 4 right now. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2019 at 7:11 PM, muckboy561 said:

Facts!!! @A-Town 561 don't you agree 

No doubt.....muck football is not the same but it not dead..... Don't believe me ask Booker T. Glades Central and Pahokee both have a great chance to make to the state semi final. Don't be shock if any of them slip away to the State Championship  game. 

Stay tuned!

Atown out

5 hours ago, A-Town561 said:

No doubt.....muck football is not the same but it not dead..... Don't believe me ask Booker T. Glades Central and Pahokee both have a great chance to make to the state semi final. Don't be shock if any of them slip away to the State Championship  game. 

Stay tuned!

Atown out

So Dillard vs pH should be game of the week then 

• 2 weeks later...