Dallas Madison 

Prattville 

Elder, Ohio 

Don Bosco

Hoover

Bishop Gorman 

Stephenson 

Ohhhh...And they beat AHP too!

LOL AHP beat Hallandale too but I'm not knockin y'all at all cuz y'all resume there too but y'all share same opponents tho only thing AHP got over y'all is Colquitt County 

31 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

I beg to differ...Miami Central has beaten 

MNW

CC

BTW

Columbus 

Cypress Bay

STA

Cardinal Gibbons 

U School 

Chaminade 

Dillard 

Hallandale 

Mainland 

Naples 

Armwood 

Cocoa 

Gainesville 

Palm Bay

Dallas Madison 

Prattville 

Elder, Ohio 

Don Bosco

Hoover

Bishop Gorman 

Stephenson 

Ohhhh...And they beat AHP too!

Very strong list there

Although one school on that list stands out for not being like the others

But I have to give the edge to Central when it comes to best resume

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Very strong list there

Although one school on that list stands out for not being like the others

But I have to give the edge to Central when it comes to best resume

Gainesville's 2012 team was good enough to make it to state and was unbeaten til MC beat them.

3 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

Gainesville's 2012 team was good enough to make it to state and was unbeaten til MC beat them.

Over 75% of teams on that list would have beaten them easily

There's a reason Gainesville hasn't come close to returning to states since, they took advantage of armwood on a off year but were clearly out-matched by Central who easily destroyed them in the finals

4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

There's a reason Gainesville hasn't come close to returning to states since, they took advantage of armwood on a off year but were clearly out-matched by Central who easily destroyed them in the finals

Fully aware. They still make the list. 

6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

MC beat the shit outta Armwood the next year too

Just now, Floridatech said:

How they beat Colquitt County on tv at their house like I said I respect y'all resume and y'all handled Dwyer multiple times too and y'all beat Atlantic last year too

Miami Central also has wins over STA and Bishop Gorman

Those wins are just as impressive if not more than beating a near .500 record Colquitt County team

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Miami Central also has wins over STA and Bishop Gorman

Those wins are just as impressive if not more than beating a near .500 record Colquitt County team

I already agreed with that........

Colquitt was coming off a good ahh run and CC went right back to being Colquitt

Considering the past 10 years, it's pretty tough to beat ST Thomas Aquinas.  I would probably put Miami Central at #2.   

St Thomas vs OOS

2018 St Thomas Aquinas 38 vs *Dematha (MD) 0

2017 St Thomas Aquinas 9 vs *St John Bosco (CA) (3 OT)

2016 St Thomas Aquinas 33 vs Bingham(UT) 25

2013 St Thomas Aquinas 27 vs John Curtis(LA) 13

2011 St Thomas Aquinas 34 vs *Prattville(AL) 31

2011 St Thomas Aquinas 30 vs *De La Salle(CA) 6 

2010 St Thomas Aquinas 31 vs Skyline(TX) 3

2010 St Thomas Aquinas 42 vs Camden County(GA) 28 

2009 St Thomas Aquinas 42 vs *Byrnes(SC) 34

2008 St Thomas Aquinas 35 vs *Elder(OH) 24

*Was Top 50 in at least one of the national polls

St Thomas vs In-State Victories

Deerfield Beach

Miramar

AH Plantation

Dwyer 

Booker T Washington

Northwestern

Columbus

Viera

Venice

Osceola

Manatee

Plant

Lakeland

Lincoln

Just now, Floridatech said:

Those MC teams were gonna destroy either one of them anyway

Absolutely

But if armwood was so far superior to the other North teams those years just imagine how bad it would have been had Gainesville or springstead made it instead?

We could have seen a state record for largest margin of victory in a state championship lol

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Absolutely

But if armwood was so far superior to the other North teams those years just imagine how bad it would have been had Gainesville or springstead made it instead?

We could have seen a state record for largest margin of victory in a state championship lol

LOL 

3 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Considering the past 10 years, it's pretty tough to beat ST Thomas Aquinas.  I would probably put Miami Central at #2.   

St Thomas vs OOS

2018 St Thomas Aquinas 38 vs Dematha (MD) 0

2017 St Thomas Aquinas 9 vs St John Bosco (CA) (3 OT)

2016 St Thomas Aquinas 33 vs Bingham(UT) 25

2013 St Thomas Aquinas 27 vs John Curtis(LA) 13

2011 St Thomas Aquinas 34 vs Prattville(AL) 31

2011 St Thomas Aquinas 30 vs De La Salle(CA) 6 

2010 St Thomas Aquinas 31 vs Skyline(TX) 3

2010 St Thomas Aquinas 42 vs Camden County(GA) 28 

2009 St Thomas Aquinas 42 vs Byrnes(SC) 34

2008 St Thomas Aquinas 35 vs Elder(OH) 24

St Thomas vs In-State Victories

Deerfield Beach

Miramar

AH Plantation

Dwyer 

Booker T Washington

Northwestern

Columbus

Viera

Venice

Osceola

Manatee

Plant

Lakeland

Lincoln

When they play Columbus?

38 minutes ago, skyway said:

Are we just listing teams who have name recognition, without regard for how good they were the year the school beat them? Because there are a few other teams that could equal or surpass those listed already here. 

I cannot speak for Floridatech, since he started the thread.  If we are trying to identify teams who have beaten "quality" competition(in terms of their national ranking at the time they played them),  we would be hard-pressed to find a team that can equal or surpass St Thomas over the past 10 years.  During that time frame, STA has beaten numerous teams that were ranked in the Top 100 of the country in at least one of the polls at the time they played. 

Is that the best way to measure greatness?  ...not necessarily.  As I have stated before, if any of the Broward private schools, STA included, routinely played the powers of Miami-Dade, we might look upon them differently.  Relatively speaking, STA, AHP, Cardinal Gibbons and Chaminade-Madonna all have limited numbers of wins over the Miami-Dade teams who were at the top of their game in any one year.  ...especially when one considers how long those schools have been around, ie it took 50 years for us to see a game between STA and Central. 

One could argue that Carol City or Northwestern has the best pedigree over the past 25 years.  The list of very good/great teams they have beaten is mindboggling.  That's a function of their location and the sheer number of strong teams in MIami-Dade over the years, many of which they play each year.

22 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Why are you trying to discredit that Gainesville team.  They were actually very good that year.  Oh wait I know why.  They beat Columbia and then Columbia choked in the third round and didn't get a rematch vs Gainesville in the state semi's.  Gainesville steam rolled Navarre who beat Columbia the week before.  

21 hours ago, badbird said:

Why are you trying to discredit that Gainesville team.  They were actually very good that year.  Oh wait I know why.  They beat Columbia and then Columbia choked in the third round and didn't get a rematch vs Gainesville in the state semi's.  Gainesville steam rolled Navarre who beat Columbia the week before.  

Over the past 10 seasons...

# district titles - Gainesville-5; Columbia-4 

# playoff wins - Gainesville-15; Columbia 10

# times advanced past second round of playoffs - Gainesville-5; Columbia 2

I guess if the argument is that Gainesville is not one of the better teams in the state(and worthy of mention in a list of quality wins by an opponent), Columbia has even less of a case