AHP got the best resume in Florid???

Floridatech

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

@MC Rockets did a general list

Not every team was in same year so no it isn't just restricted to 2012

General list meaning he listed all the teams they beat.   I could post I beat STA but did I beat STA in 2018 or 1958.  The year you beat them is actually very important.  Beating Gainesville in 2012 is a really good win.  Beating Gainesville in 2018 is not.

1 minute ago, badbird said:

General list meaning he listed all the teams they beat.   I could post I beat STA but did I beat STA in 2018 or 1958.  The year you beat them is actually very important.  Beating Gainesville in 2012 is a really good win.  Beating Gainesville in 2018 is not.

Yes but many of these wins listed came different years

So if Bishop Gorman on list I'm comparing 2017 Bishop Gorman to 2012 Gainesville because that was the year Miami Central beat them

I'm not gonna compare 2012 Bishop Gorman to 2012 Gainesville because Miami Central didn't play Bishop Gorman in 2012

Does that make more sense?

On 5/25/2019 at 10:15 PM, MC Rockets said:

I beg to differ...Miami Central has beaten 

MNW

CC

BTW

Columbus 

Cypress Bay

STA

Cardinal Gibbons 

U School 

Chaminade 

Dillard 

Hallandale 

Mainland 

Naples 

Armwood 

Cocoa 

Gainesville 

Palm Bay

Dallas Madison 

Prattville 

Elder, Ohio 

Don Bosco

Hoover

Bishop Gorman 

Stephenson 

Ohhhh...And they beat AHP too!

Smash AHP

17 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

When MC Rockets made his list, I'd be willing to bet that he had some specific years in mind for each team listed.  For instance, Hallandale is not a perennial power, but like Gainesville, has had some strong years.  One must do their homework before discounting a victory as significant.  As you know, there are many teams who only occasionally produce a team that is a powerhouse.  If Central had beaten a 5-5 Gainesville team during the regular season, I doubt he would have included them on his list as a notable victory.    

Thank you! I see someone sees where I was going with my post. 

2 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

@ColumbiaHighFan2017class I didn't think by me mentioning Gainesville was gonna start an all out debate on this post? For the record I was only referring to their 2012 team. You must have some serious hate for them?

Ik you were only referring to the 2012 team but even so there were a lot of teams on the list who Miami Central beat who were better in the year Miami Central beat them than that Gainesville team was 

That Gainesville team wouldn't have a prayer against a team like Bishop Gorman in 2017 for example

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Ik you were only referring to the 2012 team but even so there were a lot of teams on the list who Miami Central beat who were better in the year Miami Central beat them than that Gainesville team was 

That Gainesville team wouldn't have a prayer against a team like Bishop Gorman in 2017 for example

Yes, that's the only time Gainesville and MC ever played. That 2012 Gainesville team was pretty decent. Rather that matched up well with the other teams on the list is irrelevant. The list was just a rebuttal to the opening post to the topic that AHP has a better resume in the state.

14 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

Yes, that's the only time Gainesville and MC ever played. That 2012 Gainesville team was pretty decent. Rather that matched up well with the other teams on the list is irrelevant. The list was just a rebuttal to the opening post to the topic that AHP has a better resume in the state.

I do agree with Miami Central resume being better which is the main point of the post

33 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If that Gainesville team is not worth mentioning in discussions of quality opponents, Columbia's teams of the past 15 years are certainly not praiseworthy either. 

That Gainesville team beat what is arguably one of the best Columbia teams of the past 15 years...one of only 4 district championship teams and one of only 2 Columbia teams to advance past the second round over the past 15 years.  Doesn't say much for your team when you are so critical of one of your better opponents over the years. 

41 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

If that Gainesville team is not worth mentioning in discussions of quality opponents, Columbia's teams of the past 15 years are certainly not praiseworthy either. 

That Gainesville team beat what is arguably one of the best Columbia teams of the past 15 years...one of only 4 district championship teams and one of only 2 Columbia teams to advance past the second round over the past 15 years.  Doesn't say much for your team when you are so critical of one of your better opponents over the years. 

I didn't say they were garbage, they were a solid team

But they aren't at the level of some of those national elites listed like Hoover, Bishop Gorman, Don Bosco, St Thomas Aquinas, ect.

Don't believe me, watch what happened when they played Miami Central.

They were out-matched athletically and physically by Miami Central and would have been same case against Hoover, Bishop Gorman, Don Bosco, St Thomas Aquinas, or any the others that Miami Central played who were at that level

29 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I didn't say they were garbage, they were a solid team

But they aren't at the level of some of those national elites listed like Hoover, Bishop Gorman, Don Bosco, St Thomas Aquinas, ect.

On Saturday night, concerning MCRockets' list, you stated "Over 75% of teams on that list would have beaten them( 2012 Gainesville) easily"  There were 25 teams on MC Rockets' list.  20 of those 25(=>75%) teams on that list are not historically national elites and no way that 20 or more teams on that list "easily" beat any team capable of making a FL 6A final.    

5 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

On Saturday night, concerning MCRockets' list, you stated "Over 75% of teams on that list would have beaten them( 2012 Gainesville) easily"  There were 25 teams on MC Rockets' list.  20 of those 25(=>75%) teams on that list are not historically national elites and no way that 20 or more teams on that list "easily" beat any team capable of making a FL 6A final.    

List looked a lot longer than 25 when I looked at it

19 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

let it go Oldschool.  He hates Gainesville and Lee.  

On 5/27/2019 at 12:28 AM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Speaking of which, @OldSchoolLion I have a suggestion for one of your future research projects, I'm curious what is some of the oldest schools in state that have either never won a playoff game or have no appearances in playoffs

Excluding the smaller schools, ie all of the little Christian schools out there, I believe there are 62 schools that have never won a playoff game.  34 of those schools opened in 2000 or later.  There are 10 schools 40 years or older that have never won a FHSAA playoff game..see thread I just created concerning this.