52 Teams with the Most Playoff Wins over the Past 10 Seasons

OldSchoolLion

Which teams have won the most playoff games over the past 10 seasons?  Well, here goes.  In order to make the top 52, a team had to have at least 12 playoff victories in the past 10 seasons. 

One can really see the teams that are lagging in terms of playoff performance.  Interesting that some of them are often ranked despite this.

16 of the Top 52 are private schools.

THE TOP 52 

St Thomas Aquinas 39

Armwood 35

Miami Central 35

Cocoa 29

Plant 29

Trinity Christian 29

American Heritage Plantation 25

Dr Phillips 25

Bolles 24

Booker T Washington 22

Dwyer 22

Madison County 22

Columbus 21

Manatee 21

American Heritage Delray 20

Apopka 20

Lakeland 20

University Christian 19

Naples 18

Victory Christian 17

Jesuit 16

North FL Christian 16

Osceola 16

Gainesville 15

Glades Day 15

Godby 15

Lincoln 15

Mainland 15

Raines 15

South Dade 15

Venice 15

Bartram Trail 14

Clearwater Central Catholic 14

Glades Central 14

Immokalee 14

Northwestern 14

Trenton 14

Chaminade-Madonna 13

Clay 13

Jefferson 13

Miramar 13

Navarre 13

Niceville 13

Blountstown 12

Bishop Moore 12

East Lake 12

Port St Joe 12

St Augustine 12

Southridge 12

University School 12

Wakulla 12

Warner Christian 12

35 TEAMS THAT DID NOT MAKE THE CUT

Trinity Catholic 11

Vanguard 11

Atlantic 10

Columbia 10

Norland 10

North Marion 10

Northview 10

Tampa Catholic 10

Carol City 9

Deerfield Beach 9

First Coast 9

Fort Myers 9

Lake Wales 9

Palm Bay 9

Cardinal Gibbons 8

Cypress Bay 8

Edgewater 8

Fletcher 8

Pensacola 8

Pensacola Catholic 8

Robinson 8

Seminole 8

Viera 8

Belen Jesuit 7

Coral Gables 7

Dixie County 7

Lake Gibson 7

Mandarin 7

Palm Beach Gardens 7

Ponte Vedra 7

Vero Beach 7

Deland 6

Pahokee 6

Palm Bay Heritage 6

Wekiva 5

If there are any errors above, please let me know!

One team which may have surprised some is Carol City.  The Chiefs are only 10-8 in playoff games over the past 14 years, and 5 of those wins came during their 2016 state title run.   Who gave them those 8 playoff losses?  Will be interesting to see if they get their mojo back moving down in class.  

Central(2018 & 2015)

Northwestern(2017)

Dillard(2013)

Dr Krop(2009)

Miramar(2008)

South Plantation(2006)

Everglades(2005)

11 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Someone else NORTH of Plant and Dr Phillips had to play the Monsters of Dade 9 of those 10 years.......just saying  :)

As far as I am concerned, until the program demonstrates signs of cratering, Mainland is one of those teams which belongs in the preseason Top 25 poll every season, simply based on their tradition of winning(#22 all-time in playoff wins).  That tradition is an intangible that sometimes gives them an edge.  No doubt they would have had more playoff wins had they not had the playoff paths they did over the past 10 years.  

15 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Which teams have won the most playoff games over the past 10 seasons?  Well, here goes.  In order to make the top 51, a team had to have at least 12 playoff victories in the past 10 seasons. 

One can really see the teams that are lagging in terms of playoff performance.  Interesting that some of them are often ranked despite this.

16 of the Top 51 are private schools.

THE TOP 51 

St Thomas Aquinas 39

Armwood 35

Miami Central 35

Cocoa 29

Plant 29

Trinity Christian 29

American Heritage Plantation 25

Dr Phillips 25

Bolles 24

Booker T Washington 22

Dwyer 22

Madison County 22

Columbus 21

Manatee 21

American Heritage Delray 20

Apopka 20

Lakeland 20

University Christian 19

Naples 18

Victory Christian 17

Jesuit 16

North FL Christian 16

Osceola 16

Gainesville 15

Glades Day 15

Godby 15

Lincoln 15

Mainland 15

Raines 15

South Dade 15

Venice 15

Bartram Trail 14

Clearwater Central Catholic 14

Glades Central 14

Immokalee 14

Northwestern 14

Trenton 14

Chaminade-Madonna 13

Clay 13

Jefferson 13

Miramar 13

Navarre 13

Niceville 13

Blountstown 12

Bishop Moore 12

Port St Joe 12

St Augustine 12

Southridge 12

University School 12

Wakulla 12

Warner Christian 12

29 TEAMS THAT DID NOT MAKE THE CUT

Trinity Catholic 11

Vanguard 11

Atlantic 10

Columbia 10

Norland 10

North Marion 10

Northview 10

Tampa Catholic 10

Carol City 9

Deerfield Beach 9

First Coast 9

Lake Wales 9

Palm Bay 9

Cardinal Gibbons 8

Edgewater 8

Fletcher 8

Pensacola 8

Pensacola Catholic 8

Robinson 8

Seminole 8

Viera 8

Belen Jesuit 7

Lake Gibson 7

Mandarin 7

Palm Beach Gardens 7

Ponte Vedra 7

Vero Beach 7

Pahokee 6

Wekiva 5

If there are any errors above, please let me know!

The only one I could think of is your list of 29 should be 30. Fort Pierce Central won at least 6 in that time frame. 

Just now, Bocefous70 said:

The only one I could think of is your list of 29 should be 30. Fort Pierce Central won at least 6 in that time frame. 

There are actually a number of teams with 5-10 playoff wins not included in the "other" list.  I simply listed the ones I thought folks on the forum would be most interested in learning about.    

8 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

As far as I am concerned, until the program demonstrates signs of cratering, Mainland is one of those teams which belongs in the preseason Top 25 poll every season, simply based on their tradition of winning(#22 all-time in playoff wins).  That tradition is an intangible that sometimes gives them an edge.  No doubt they would have had more playoff wins had they not had the playoff paths they did over the past 10 years.  

True, Mainland has been a big fish in a small pond for 25 years. They don't have the weekly competition in Volusia county like others have in their's. That's why they've always attempted to schedule good teams during the season from other areas. Beating the "sisters of the poor" weekly doesn't help. A smack in the face during the season ALWAYS gets our guys in the right frame of mind. And now with the playoff points system, it's a must. Added this year : Sanford Seminole, Freedom Bowl opponent, Cocoa, and Bolles.