Who is this Florida High School Star? Clinton Portis/ Gainesville High School

gatorman-uf

Ran for over 2000 yards his senior season as he led his team with over 20 TDs where he was All-Area Player of the Year
Helped lead his team to the first back to back playoff since the 1970s
Won a state championship on his school's 4 x 100 relay
Started as a true freshman and played for 3 seasons in college before being drafted in the 2nd round
Played 9 seasons in the NFL...

Player.jpg

Clinton Portis is correct. 
Class of 1999
Gainesville High School
University of Miami 1999-2001
Drafted by the Denver Broncos in 2002 with the 51st pick
Ran for over 1500 yards in each of his first two seasons
Traded to the Washington Redskins in 2004
Spent another 7 seasons playing for the Washington Redskins.

59 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Clinton Portis is correct. 
Class of 1999
Gainesville High School
University of Miami 1999-2001
Drafted by the Denver Broncos in 2002 with the 51st pick
Ran for over 1500 yards in each of his first two seasons
Traded to the Washington Redskins in 2004
Spent another 7 seasons playing for the Washington Redskins.

I thought for sure ColumbiaFan would get this one.:rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I thought for sure ColumbiaFan would get this one.:rolleyes:

Probably would have if the picture was in color :D

It's amazing to remember Gainesville used to have a big time running back, i sorta forget they could run the ball with some the recent times I've watched them ;)

23 hours ago, badbird said:

mike alstott

Terrible guess....C'mon man! Everyone knows the A Train is from Joliet, Illinois. Wow, I thought you were better than this.

On 5/30/2019 at 11:11 PM, Just A Coach said:

Terrible guess....C'mon man! Everyone knows the A Train is from Joliet, Illinois. Wow, I thought you were better than this.

I couldn't think of another white running back lol.  I admit it was a horrible guess, must have been all those hits to the head I took.