Vero Beach was the best team at the spring jamboree

Floridatech

I actually thought about it and looked at film again from the spring and Vero proved to be the best team on the field.....as a matter of fact Vero would beat both teams if it were the regular season or maybe a full game that day...... Vero lost to Dwyer 16-14 because the receiver from Dwyer slipped under the CB on third or fourth down and after that they took a couple plays to move toward the endzone, Vero stuffed em at the endzone three straight times and Dwyer used the last seconds on the clock to kick a field goal.....Boca had a different style by using their QB similar to Viera to score touchdowns.....but the game was almost over when Vero almost scored with a couple seconds on the board, Vero shoulda mixed it up at the endzone and they probably woulda been more successful but ended up losing with just seconds on the board 14-10....

That actually made me realize later on that Vero was actually the better team and that they are going to be a very very good team this year don't think they'll lose again until MAYBE playoffs IDK IMO Deerfield mops the floor with Dwyer and Boca.....

Chaminade game circled on the calendar we'll be bringing in the longest regular season winning streak in state history.....

14 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

I actually thought about it and looked at film again from the spring and Vero proved to be the best team on the field.....as a matter of fact Vero would beat both teams if it were the regular season or maybe a full game that day...... Vero lost to Dwyer 16-14 because the receiver from Dwyer slipped under the CB on third or fourth down and after that they took a couple plays to move toward the endzone, Vero stuffed em at the endzone three straight times and Dwyer used the last seconds on the clock to kick a field goal.....Boca had a different style by using their QB similar to Viera to score touchdowns.....but the game was almost over when Vero almost scored with a couple seconds on the board, Vero shoulda mixed it up at the endzone and they probably woulda been more successful but ended up losing with just seconds on the board 14-10....

That actually made me realize later on that Vero was actually the better team and that they are going to be a very very good team this year don't think they'll lose again until MAYBE playoffs IDK IMO Deerfield mops the floor with Dwyer and Boca.....

Chaminade game circled on the calendar we'll be bringing in the longest regular season winning streak in state history.....

14 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

You guys have to beat Venice to tie Lakeland’s win streak and then beat Lake Minneola to break it. It’s gonna be tough, especially playing a mad Venice team, but I think Vero Beach can do it

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

You guys have to beat Venice to tie Lakeland’s win streak and then beat Lake Minneola to break it. It’s gonna be tough, especially playing a mad Venice team, but I think Vero Beach can do it

Y'all always strong feel like Vero gonna run schedule again

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I definitely see it happening. I feel like Vero and IMG are gonna be our only losses this year. Maybe That St. Frances team from Maryland too. We’ll see. Vero Beach is definitely going undefeated though.

All I know is Venice better give us them points cuz if not we gon be backseat to Deerfield this year, especially if they can beat STA 

1 hour ago, Floridatech said:

All I know is Venice better give us them points cuz if not we gon be backseat to Deerfield this year, especially if they can beat STA 

They’ll get points whether Vero wins or loses to Venice. We were ranked high in the nation and state past 2 years. If we beat IMG and lose to Vero you’re talking HUGE points!

7 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

NOT THE SAME WIN STREAK RECORD!!!! The Lakeland win streak record was consecutive wins. 

9 minutes ago, Just A Coach said:

NOT THE SAME WIN STREAK RECORD!!!! The Lakeland win streak record was consecutive wins. 

Lakeland had 2 separate streaks

One for regular season and overall 

Though the streak including playoffs and 3 straight title wins over STA is definitely more impressive than a winning streak for a team playing about 70-80% of their schedule in the safe zone of a home field only to get bounced in the first road playoff game

3 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I definitely see it happening. I feel like Vero and IMG are gonna be our only losses this year. Maybe That St. Frances team from Maryland too. We’ll see. Vero Beach is definitely going undefeated though.

If you lose to Vero and IMG you definitely losing to St Francis

St Francis ain't too far a drop from IMG and St Francis is definitely better than Vero Beach

Just look St Francis vs Bingham and Lee county in bowl games last 2 years and get a taste of what they bring to the table, it definitely worth the viewing

Just now, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Nope don’t see them beating Vero this year 

Unless Chaminade down than I see them as the perfect candidate to beat Vero

Vero Beach ain't AHP or Miami Central so the fact Vero Beach is a larger school won't mean much

Heck Miramar had a enrollment over 2k when Chaminade beat them recently and Miramar ain't no slouch

6 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Dude St. Frances might just be your toughest game all year.  I’ll be very impressed if you guys beat them.   They’d hammer Vero.

Vero has struggled in the past stopping talented backs.  Thad Franklin of Chaminade is the #2 junior rb in the state now and already rated at 4-star.  By his senior year I would not be surprised if he is one of the top 10 rb's in the country.  He is not a scatback, like some CM backs of the past...this young man is big and physical.   Elijah Canion is a 6'3"wr who may be flying under the radar, though he has offers from FL and Auburn.  These two athletes alone could give Vero fits.  Jordan Cash is a very experienced, very speedy "smallish" wr.  Below is what CM will be bringing.  I would feel better about Vero earlier in the season, but with the whole season for CM's transfers to gel...no way I would bet against CM unless they lose some of their studs to injury.      

Thad Franklin/RB     4-star    UM commit     Junior

Willie Moise/DT     4-star     UM commit     Senior

Elijah Canion/WR     3-star     Senior

Jordan Cash/WR     3-star     Senior

Ben Onwuzo/CB     3-star      Senior

Quadric Bullard/S     3-star     Senior

Claude Larkins/DE     3-star     Senior

Joseph Habinowski/OT     3-star     Senior

Jeremiah Mawali/OG     3-star     Senior

9 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Unless Chaminade down than I see them as the perfect candidate to beat Vero

Vero Beach ain't AHP or Miami Central so the fact Vero Beach is a larger school won't mean much

Heck Miramar had a enrollment over 2k when Chaminade beat them recently and Miramar ain't no slouch

I guess we gotta show u again LOL

5 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Vero has struggled in the past stopping talented backs.  Thad Franklin of Chaminade is the #2 junior rb in the state now and already rated at 4-star.  By his senior year I would not be surprised if he is one of the top 10 rb's in the country.  He is not a scatback, like some CM backs of the past...this young man is big and physical.   Elijah Canion is a 6'3"wr who may be flying under the radar, though he has offers from FL and Auburn.  These two athletes alone could give Vero fits.  Jordan Cash is a very experienced, very speedy "smallish" wr.  Below is what CM will be bringing.  I would feel better about Vero earlier in the season, but with the whole season for CM's transfers to gel...no way I would bet against CM unless they lose some of their studs to injury.      

Thad Franklin/RB     4-star    UM commit     Junior

Willie Moise/DT     4-star     UM commit     Senior

Elijah Canion/WR     3-star     Senior

Jordan Cash/WR     3-star     Senior

Ben Onwuzo/CB     3-star      Senior

Quadric Bullard/S     3-star     Senior

Claude Larkins/DE     3-star     Senior

Joseph Habinowski/OT     3-star     Senior

Jeremiah Mawali/OG     3-star     Senior

Vero recent jump in schedule will come into play for this Coach J see a weakness that'd why they on the schedule and Deerfield is probably going to be worse in the playoffs

On 6/6/2019 at 10:35 AM, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

St. Frances is playing IMG this year. Do you think They’ll win?

It should be a good game.   St. Frances is still a bit unproven on the highest scale, but they are TALENTED.   I hope ya'll kick dey ass personally.    

They smoked a GA state champ 40ish-14 last year.    Teams in their league (who aren't too shabby at all) refused to play them.    That Ga team they smoked beat Dr. Phillips 35-3 for comparison.   That Dr.P team beat Vero in the playoffs.  

Team is looking pretty stacked.   

St. Frances 2020 (247)

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=2537

St. Frances 2021  

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=2537

St. Frances 2022 

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/Recruits/?&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=2537

I guess one positive is 80%+ of the kids are on D lol.  No idea what are they going to do with all those DEs/OLBs.  

19 hours ago, 954gator said:

It should be a good game.   St. Frances is still a bit unproven on the highest scale, but they are TALENTED.   I hope ya'll kick dey ass personally.    

They smoked a GA state champ 40ish-14 last year.    Teams in their league (who aren't too shabby at all) refused to play them.    That Ga team they smoked beat Dr. Phillips 35-3 for comparison.   That Dr.P team beat Vero in the playoffs.  

The St Frances team I saw play on national TV was absolutely scary and could have beaten any team in the country that year. 

3 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

The St Frances team I saw play on national TV was absolutely scary and could have beaten any team in the country that year. 

To be fair their whole year was built up to play in that Geico game.   They knew they were in it once the teams that actually played stiff competition in their area had losses (SJC/Dematha/Jersey teams etc) plus they were named defacto champs in their league since they refused to play them.       

They missed the IMG and Lee (FL) games due to the hurricane.   The rest of the teams they played were basically Canadian teams or scrubs.    They did start playing a game vs St. Joes Philly and it was close, but they called it in the 3rd (or thereabouts) due to weather and they never finished it so it just got thrown out.  

So when I say they are unproven I mean at the highest level of say IMG, Matre Dei,  STA, SJB, SJC, Miami Central type opponents,  I have no doubt they would smash teams like Vero.   The few times I've seen them they pass the eye test for sure.   

Then again I Imagine STA would seem amazing if you based them solely on that 38-0 ESPN game early season with the whole off season built up, so I'm a bit hesitant to say they'll beat IMG.  Then again IMG lost it's last core class of proven studs so who knows how elite they will even be.       

It will be very interesting to see how they do this year.

7 minutes ago, 954gator said:

To be fair their whole year was built up to play in that Geico game.   They knew they were in it once the teams that actually played stiff competition had losses (SJC/Dematha/Jersey teams etc) so they were named defacto champs.   

They missed the IMG and Lee (FL) games due to the hurricane.   The rest of the teams they played were basically Canadian teams or scrubs.    They did start playing a game vs St. Joes Philly and it was close, but they called it in the 3rd (or thereabouts) due to weather and they never finished it so it just got thrown out.  

So when I say they are unproven I mean at the highest level of say IMG, Matre Dei,  STA, SJB, SJC, Miami Central type opponents,  I have no doubt they would smash teams like Vero.   The few times I've seen them they pass the eye test for sure.   

I Imagine STA would seem amazing if you based them on that sole 38-0 ESPN game early season with the whole off season built up, so I'm a bit hesitant to say they'll beat IMG.  Then again IMG lost it's last core class of proven studs so who knows how elite they will even be.       

It will be very interesting to see how they do this year.

Apparently IMG isn't allowing senior transfers anymore so they may not get the same level of players when they are required to commit to 2 years 

I kinda wanted to see SFA play Lee 

Maybe it would humble Lee a bit