Five of the Titusville area best players just transferred to Cocoa

84Tigergrad

4 hours ago, Perspective said:

What a coincidence that five players would all decide, independently and with no nudging, to transfer to the same high school.  B)

I think in some cases that peer pressure/influence is as big, if not greater a factor than "recruiting."  ...ie "Hey, let's all go to _____ next year and create a state championship team."   With all of the camps, 7-on-7 and social media today, there is a level of communication amongst the kids today that we have never seen before.   I am cautious not to underestimate the impact this could be having.

4 hours ago, Tigers13 said:

What year did Cocoa have 21 transfers?  I remember them having 10 one year?

2014 I think. They beat Bolles that year in the state championship. I remember three kids from AHP transferring in after a coach from there joined Cocoa’s staff. 

37 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I think in some cases that peer pressure/influence is as big, if not greater a factor than "recruiting."  ...ie "Hey, let's all go to _____ next year and create a state championship team."   With all of the camps, 7-on-7 and social media today, there is a level of communication amongst the kids today that we have never seen before.   I am cautious not to underestimate the impact this could be having.

NAILED IT

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

Does Titusville have anything left? They went 0-10 and play some crappy New Jersey team this year. Does Titusville have at least one player who can play? 

Yes, Cris Collinsworth.....oh, that was Titusville Astronaut, and the year was 1975......never mind :) 

On 6/6/2019 at 7:24 PM, Jags904 said:

2014 I think. They beat Bolles that year in the state championship. I remember three kids from AHP transferring in after a coach from there joined Cocoa’s staff. 

AHP huh? Which coach and what players? They had a couple players transfer over from Palm Bay Heritage.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Ocala Vanguard https://x.com/VanguardFB/status/1772951193179840761?s=20
    • Just wait till spring is over and the top RB in the area will take his talent to 1 Indian Ave. 
    • This will be an interesting story to follow.  Venice has no proven RB headed in to spring which will be a first for a long time.  They have produced several Dairy Farmers player of the years in that position.  They also will have a massive offensive line with 2 three year starters who return as well as some stud young kids.  They will probably average around 6'4 295 on the line which is huge for Venice standards.  I just wonder if this will change before the start of the season.  I still fell like someone will show up.
    • Are you still talking to me??  Thought I was pretty clear for you not to waste your breath on this subject matter, but somehow you are missing the point.  Teacher unions have limited power in FL because the candidates they overwhelming support keep losing.  If they had won, the teacher union vote had a lot to do with it and would be wielding that power.  Osceola county which isn't a GOP stronghold during the past two national elections had the journalism students for the OHS monthly newsletter (Kowboy Jake) interview the faculty as to their political leanings.  A sample of about 30 teachers that were interviewed were voting as follows:  25 D vs 5 R.  Enough said.  
    • You missed the point of my union post. Teacher unions in strong union states have power. Florida unions have zero. They cant strike and the school board can implement a contract without the unions approval. Florida unions are not preventing any raise in Florida. The state has attacked a straw man here. 
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Popular Contributors