Lakeland appears fully reloaded for 2019

skyway

8 hours ago, Perspective said:

OK, I give up.  I was trying to post a screenshot I took last night of a Twitter post from on the Tampa Bay Times sports reporters and I just can't seem to figure out how to do it (file size always too big).  In any event, the original tweet came from a 10K.sam and it reads:  "Dear Lakeland high school can y'all stop calling my people I am not going to Lakeland i am loyal to my school lake Gibson @LHSDreadnaughts"

Interesting. 

Good for the kid! Although the tweet does nothing to show or even suggest any actual staff members from Lakeland contacted him. Could be some random 30 year-old messaging a youth coach etc.

It is very hard to repeat but look forward to see LHS and what they can do.

The Camo Uniforms aren't their only version, Lakeland has a big booster club and has always had multiple jersey/Pant combinations. Only one helmet though. They wore the camo's 2 or 3 times last year. 

Black over black is still my favorite. But Black over orange, Black over white, Orange over orange, Grey over Grey...

Image result for lakeland footballRelated image

7 hours ago, Jags904 said:

The FHSAA is powerless. Was talking to a buddy who had text messages & Twitter DM’s from a coach to a kid telling him “you need to leave such & such immediately, they don’t put guys D1 like we do.” Reported it & what happened? Absolutely nothing. 

It gets sent to the respective county now and they investigate it.  So if your county doesn't care or if the school has ins to people in the county then they get away with it.  The FHSAA has very little power now over that kind of stuff.

On 6/16/2019 at 11:55 AM, Jags904 said:

The FHSAA is powerless. Was talking to a buddy who had text messages & Twitter DM’s from a coach to a kid telling him “you need to leave such & such immediately, they don’t put guys D1 like we do.” Reported it & what happened? Absolutely nothing. 

The county AD of Polk County was the AD at Lakeland Hs for years so what do y’all think happens when those messages are sent to the county AD for them to be sent to the state and/or to be investigated. It gets put right into the trash. Reason Lakeland is able to have coaches/community guys recruit year in and year out. They know they are covered no matter what. I’ve heard for years coaching ability at Lakeland is average but when you are creating an all star team from one of the most talent rich areas in the state, what do you expect? The team to suck? Come on, let’s be real. They out athlete/out muscle most teams just because of personnel. It’s not changing either. Only getting worse. 

I think Bill Castle's worst record on the field was 5-5 in 1981. He has had some wins vacated and that has led to some seasons being lost in the record book seasons but in actual games on the field I think 5-5 was the worst and only once. Lakeland is almost always a regular season power, a playoff contender and most years capable of deep runs and almost every year a shallow run.

Few teams wouldn't be happy to have Lakeland's success. Same Coach since 1976 does not equal average coaching ability.

Coach Castle received the Lakeland Ledger “Coach of the Year” for 1979, 1982, 1984, 1986, and 2004. The Tampa Tribune honored him with “Coach of the Year” in 1984 and 1986. At the Southeastern Coaches Association meeting in Atlanta, he was given the Kodak 5-A Coach of the Year award for 1986. In 2004 he was named FHSAA 5A coach of the year.  He was named Assistant Coach for the Georgia-Florida All Star Football Game that was held in Orlando in June of 1989. He was head coach of the Florida South Team All Stars at the North/South All Star Game held in Jacksonville in June 1997.   Castle has been inducted into the Polk County Sports Hall of Fame and the FHSAA Hall of Fame. He was named the FHSAA Coach of the Century, in 2007.

First Win  –  Lake Wales @ Bryant Stadium 10 Sept. 1976 – 26-6
100th Win  –    Winter Haven @ Winter Haven 16 Sept. 1988 – 25-7
200th Win   –  Port Charlotte @ Bryant Stadium 20 Nov 1998 – 50-12
300th Win  –  Okeechobee @ Bryant Stadium 31 Aug. 2007 – 34-14

• 60 Game Win Streak-Started with Tampa Bay Tech @Tampa Bay Tech
• Oct. 6, 1995 – 41-7 (State Record) Stopped by Haines City @ Haines City
• 2-0 -Regular Season Games;  53 Game Win Streak-Started with     Winter Haven  Sept.3, 2004@ Bryant Stadium -48-0 (State • Record)
• 53rd Win against Ridge Community (2 ot)@ Bryant Stadium Oct. 26, 2007 – 22-19
• Streak stopped by Osceola @ Bryant Stadium  Nov. 2, 2007 -25-21, 53 Straight Games

On 6/21/2019 at 2:14 PM, DarterBlue2 said:

That was just a trolling post. Lakeland's coaching is fine. As long as they have talent, the contend for deep runs. 

Yep. I just wanted to see how the remark would be justified......if it was really believed.

• 2 months later...
On 6/23/2019 at 7:35 PM, gwdrum75 said:

Yep. I just wanted to see how the remark would be justified......if it was really believed.

Look at the small picture. Look at technique of guys. Obviously they are extremely athletic and huge nasty guys upfront. Who wouldn't win with the talent that is recruited in year after year. I'm just telling you, look at some of the schematics, look at the technique of some of the positions. I've been a football coach for a really long time and have had ALOT of success. To people who don't know HOW to look at football, it looks as though they are God's gift to man, but i'm just telling you there are obvious issues in which every year their team could be so much better than they are if they had a higher quality coaching staff. BUT, it's FL and you get what you get. I mean nothing personal by this post, just stating very obvious facts that people who TRULY understand football on a deep level see. Take it for what you want. It is also very evident that the players are not disciplined the way they need to be. I've met Bill many times and know that he is as good as they come, just not sold at all on some of his assistants. 

46 minutes ago, NewEraFball said:

Look at the small picture. Look at technique of guys. Obviously they are extremely athletic and huge nasty guys upfront. Who wouldn't win with the talent that is recruited in year after year. I'm just telling you, look at some of the schematics, look at the technique of some of the positions. I've been a football coach for a really long time and have had ALOT of success. To people who don't know HOW to look at football, it looks as though they are God's gift to man, but i'm just telling you there are obvious issues in which every year their team could be so much better than they are if they had a higher quality coaching staff. BUT, it's FL and you get what you get. I mean nothing personal by this post, just stating very obvious facts that people who TRULY understand football on a deep level see. Take it for what you want. It is also very evident that the players are not disciplined the way they need to be. I've met Bill many times and know that he is as good as they come, just not sold at all on some of his assistants. 

c8a60e8f27cc0fedd32e5c001d155461.png.3725e316da0a0dc7b95a3c700a59bd56.png