Hillsborough County trivia

nolebull813

I’m gonna post 5 questions at a time and see if anyone knows the answers to these fun facts

1. Tampa Catholic began playing varsity football in 1963. They are considered Jesuit’s arch rival. Since Jesuit has been around since the 20’s, who was Jesuit’s main rival before 1963? St. Leo High

2. What color did Armwood have in their uniforms when they were playing in the mid 80’s? It was an homage to the team they relieved due to overcrowding. Maroon

3. Name every team from Hillsborough that has won a FHSAA Football State Championship. Armwood, Plant, Jefferson, Jesuit, Blake and Pinecrest

4. When Tampa Catholic began playing football they were referred to something other than the Crusaders. What was the name? The Colts

5. Plant City merged with 3 other schools in 1972. What was the name of all 3 schools? Marshall, Pinecrest, Turkey Creek

27 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

4. When Tampa Catholic began playing football they were referred to something other than the Crusaders. What was the name? 

This is the one I'm 100% positive I know the answer to, but out of respect. I won't spoil it. A hint would be it also starts with a C.

57 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

This is the one I'm 100% positive I know the answer to, but out of respect. I won't spoil it. A hint would be it also starts with a C.

Enough with all this “horseplay”. You won’t spoil it. I posted them to be answered. Lol. Let C what you got McCoy! 

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

I’m gonna post 5 questions at a time and see if anyone knows the answers to these fun facts

1. Tampa Catholic began playing varsity football in 1963. They are considered Jesuit’s arch rival. Since Jesuit has been around since the 20’s, who was Jesuit’s main rival before 1963? 

2. What color did Armwood have in their uniforms when they were playing in the mid 80’s? It was an homage to the team they relieved due to overcrowding. 

3. Name every team from Hillsborough that has won a FHSAA Football State Championship. 

4. When Tampa Catholic began playing football they were referred to something other than the Crusaders. What was the name? 

5. Plant City merged with 3 other schools in 1972. What was the name of all 3 schools? 

#2 Maroon

2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

1. Tampa Catholic began playing varsity football in 1963. They are considered Jesuit’s arch rival. Since Jesuit has been around since the 20’s, who was Jesuit’s main rival before 1963? 

2. What color did Armwood have in their uniforms when they were playing in the mid 80’s? It was an homage to the team they relieved due to overcrowding. Maroon

3. Name every team from Hillsborough that has won a FHSAA Football State Championship. 

5. Plant City merged with 3 other schools in 1972. What was the name of all 3 schools? 

#4 Colts

2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

#5 Marshall, Turkey Creek, Pine Crest

6 hours ago, Hwy17 said:

I'm going to take a guess at #1. Was it St. Leo? St Leo in Pasco county is now a college only but once both a high school and a college.

That’s right!! They been playing since at least 1924 and were Jesuit’s main rival. I believe they stopped fielding a high school team in the 60’s